FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting noticeable latency but when I take a previously built preset like an Austin Buddy Live Gold preset and switch to Dyna Cabs, I get barely controllable feedback. Sometimes when I switch back to the legacy cabs, the feedback stays. I power cycled the unit and it went away. Then when I switched to Dyna Cabs, it was back and was to the point where it was feeding back over my playing. Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or what. Austin Buddy's high and low cuts transfer over to the Dyna Cabs when I switch, too.

I think you're misinterpreting the graph... I'm almost certain this same issue was raised on the Axe Fx III and Cliff said it was normal.

I'll see if I can find it...

Yeah, technically an offset like that should be small enough not to really notice the latency. Certainly not noticeable when the legacy cabs are set up to look like the dynacab align UI. It sounds like there's 2 signals, one of which is slightly delayed. Almost like there's a crossover and the highs and lows of the same signal aren't time aligned or kinda like the Enhance block at high settings.

Let me know if you want me to contact support but I've tried to install the update a few times and keep getting the message "DYNA-CABS NOT INSTALLED" after the firmware has transferred.

Fractalbot is on 3.0.17
I can see fw 7 has been transferred to the device
Latest FM3 edit has been installed as well

The only thing I can think of is I loaded a bunch of dud profiles into the FM3 and one of the slots is jammed, I can't delete the preset cause even trying to delete it locks up the unit, maybe it's blocking something from installing properly? If there's a way to factory reset the entire unit I'm happy to do that and retry everything.

1687930218961.png

1687930294631.png

Let me know if you want me to contact support but I've tried to install the update a few times and keep getting the message "DYNA-CABS NOT INSTALLED" after the firmware has transferred.

Fractalbot is on 3.0.17
I can see fw 7 has been transferred to the device
Latest FM3 edit has been installed as well

The only thing I can think of is I loaded a bunch of dud profiles into the FM3 and one of the slots is jammed, I can't delete the preset cause even trying to delete it locks up the unit, maybe it's blocking something from installing properly? If there's a way to factory reset the entire unit I'm happy to do that and retry everything.

View attachment 122587

View attachment 122588
Please install also the Dyna-Cab file!

Yeah...confirming what some others have said. Not sure if it's latency or a phase issue, but on a quick audition of a few cabs and something sounded a bit off. CPU less than 60% in the 2 presets I messed around with, so that's not it.

EDIT: Ok...there appears to be latency built into the dyna cabs which can be seen on the align tab in comparison to legacy cabs.

View attachment 122568

View attachment 122569
That looks like 0.5ms of latency which is not likely audible.

I've got the fractal bot upto date and pushed the firmware to it, im playing through the rev gen model now with a legacy cab.
Is there something else you need to do to get dynacabs going? I can select Dynacabs but the block is blank so if theres a specific dynacab file to load im not sure where it is or how to load it
Did you select "Refresh after firmware update" in FM3Edit after loading the firmware and cab files?

Sure go ahead and release it when I’m out of town for a few days…j/k
Thanks for all the hard work and some great additions and fixes. You guys are the best. Can’t wait to get home to try it out. I’m psyched for Dyna Cabs, especially since it appears it is fully implemented.👍👍👍

Did you select "Refresh after firmware update" in FM3Edit after loading the firmware and cab files
I just tried now and same same (missing). Here's the steps I took:

• updated fractal bot
  • updated fm3 edit
  • pushed the latest firmware to the fm3, get that message on screen

Is there an additional step to loading dynacab files that im missing or should it just be all in one with the firmware file?
If it's an additional step where are the dynacab files and how do I load them?

Appreciate the help!

I just tried now and same same (missing). Here's the steps I took:

• updated fractal bot
  • updated fm3 edit
  • pushed the latest firmware to the fm3, get that message on screen

Is there an additional step to loading dynacab files that im missing or should it just be all in one with the firmware file?
If it's an additional step where are the dynacab files and how do I load them?

Appreciate the help!
Did you load this file, too?
Screenshot_20230627_231427_My Files.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230627_231427_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20230627_231427_My Files.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 2
Everything sounds phenomenal!

One potential bug -- when using dyna cabs, it feels like there is some latency in the processing. Can anyone else either confirm or deny this?
i had the latency last night. Then shut it of and got some sleep. when starting it up again this morning I still experience a tiny bit, but it is A LOT better. Have no idea what's going on. After I loaded the firmware I did the "Refresh after new firmware" a couple of times without any difference then. But today it is, as I said, a lot better. Now it is usable.

Wow what an update! Thanks fractal as always! … being cautious and updating after my gig on Saturday , but I sure am excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom