FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also omit the drive block completely if you find an Input Boost you like under the Preamp tab of the Amp block and bind a Control Switch to the Switch. You have to get creative to work within the constraints of it’s CPU sometimes.
Thanks for the help! I'm new to the forum, but I've been working with FAS tools for several years. (I have already made the settings for CPU optimization.)

My problem persists even if there is only an amplifier and a cab block in the signal path. This volume spike is very disturbing. But the scene change break is shortened in this case.

That's why I'm writing again. Maybe my comments and ideas will reach the right place.

Thanks for the help! I'm new to the forum, but I've been working with FAS tools for several years. (I have already made the settings for CPU optimization.)

My problem persists even if there is only an amplifier and a cab block in the signal path. This volume spike is very disturbing. But the scene change break is shortened in this case.

That's why I'm writing again. Maybe my comments and ideas will reach the right place.

I must have missed your post regarding a volume spike issue. You’ll get better help if you’re more specific about what problem you are having.

I must have missed your post regarding a volume spike issue. You’ll get better help if you’re more specific about what problem you are having.
How can I be more specific? (Although it is true that I am writing with Google Translate) I previously uploaded my problem with a sound sample. Unfortunately, I cannot describe my problem with engineering precision because I am only an user.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-6-01.191161/post-2376453

How can I be more specific? (Although it is true that I am writing with Google Translate) I previously uploaded my problem with a sound sample. Unfortunately, I cannot describe my problem with engineering precision because I am only an user.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-6-01.191161/post-2376453
Provide FAS with all details. Start with the preset and scene being used. If it's a preset you made, then provide a copy. Describe in detail what exactly you were doing leading up to the volume spike. Sounds like you're also using some wireless equipment, so provide all details of your signal chain.

Details, details, details...

Last edited:

Yeah I missed the last part of your post. When you switch scenes is it to the same amp channel? If so and the volume jumps it could be an effect. Like a parallel delay with mix less than 100%. Or level too high on something the scene switched in. On the unit, page right to the block levels. And see where the volume increase is coming from. There will be some lag switching scenes. It’s just the way it is. Time your scene change so no one notices it.

Also, is it your preset or a preset you purchased? If it is your preset can you share it? Hard to diagnose as there are a lot of variables.

I'm a long time FAS user... I was happy to see this text:

• Improved the speed of preset changes depending on the Global Spillover setting. The speed improvement will be highest when Global Spillover is set to “Off”.
This tells me that FAS is looking out for all users, those who want 'speed' can lose a bit of features and those who need the features work with the limitations. In the past it was 'this is how it is', but I love the 'new direction'! Great job as always.

Also, is it your preset or a preset you purchased? If it is your preset can you share it? Hard to diagnose as there are a lot of variables.
I use AustinBuddy LiveGold (Jcm800) presets. These are pretty darn good, of course I'll supplement them with my own settings, my own effect settings. (DSP approx. 80%, but this thing is present even if the DSP is only 40%)These AustinBuddy settings do not use external irs. I don't think the problem is with the preset. In general, FM3 does it with all presets, where I also use amplifiers A, B, C, D in Scene. (In this preset there is only the Brit 800, but it is 4x. A, B, C, D).
This is also the case with the cab block. I use the same two crates, but always with different settings. (A B C D)

For now, I don't know what could be the reason for the big volume jump when changing the scenes, since such a big volume jump is not programmed anywhere within the preset, but I trust that someone will solve my problem. I'm probably screwing something up.

I use AustinBuddy LiveGold (Jcm800) presets. These are pretty darn good, of course I'll supplement them with my own settings, my own effect settings. (DSP approx. 80%, but this thing is present even if the DSP is only 40%)These AustinBuddy settings do not use external irs. I don't think the problem is with the preset. In general, FM3 does it with all presets, where I also use amplifiers A, B, C, D in Scene. (In this preset there is only the Brit 800, but it is 4x. A, B, C, D).
This is also the case with the cab block. I use the same two crates, but always with different settings. (A B C D)

For now, I don't know what could be the reason for the big volume jump when changing the scenes, since such a big volume jump is not programmed anywhere within the preset, but I trust that someone will solve my problem. I'm probably screwing something up.
*Crates=Cabs

Yeah I missed the last part of your post. When you switch scenes is it to the same amp channel? If so and the volume jumps it could be an effect. Like a parallel delay with mix less than 100%. Or level too high on something the scene switched in. On the unit, page right to the block levels. And see where the volume increase is coming from. There will be some lag switching scenes. It’s just the way it is. Time your scene change so no one notices it.

It goes to the same amplifier, but on a different channel. It goes to the same Cabs, but on a different channel.

Thanks for the idea, I'll check the device to see what I'm doing wrong.

Provide FAS with all details. Start with the preset and scene being used. If it's a preset you made, then provide a copy. Describe in detail what exactly you were doing leading up to the volume spike. Sounds like you're also using some wireless equipment, so provides all details of your signal chain.

Details, details, details...
Thanks!

signal path:
Shure GLXD16E-FM3(FW6.01) - FC6(1.12)+2 EV-2 (expression mode)

My problems always appear when there is an Amp channel change within the preset. It doesn't matter whether I'm working with factory or purchased presets. Of course, the situation worsens with DSP utilization, but even at a low percentage, the most disturbing volume jump is present when switching.

At the moment there are Brit 800 amplifiers on all channels and, in addition to standard ir lengths, Factory2 992 and Factory2 996 Irs on all channels. I use all of them.
(AustinBuddy Live Gold. Damn good and cleverly put together stuff! But the preset is not important, because it is experienced with all presets that use multiple channels)

Actually, I use relatively many blocks. (see attached picture)

(I solve the whole concert from one preset, because there is no time to change presets or instruments.)

At the same time, FM3 suits me. If this volume jump could be eliminated so that there is no audible difference in the sound, I could cope with the relatively long pause experienced when changing scenes. I did not have this problem with previous FW versions. now both are present on my FM3 unit.
I think that maybe I found a FW bug that does not apply to a specific amp. (But I'm not sure if it's not my clumsiness.)
I did not experience this problem with the previous FW.
It may have been present, but not so drastically. I previously uploaded a small sample, you can hear what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2023-01-31 - 18.48.07.png
    Képernyőfotó 2023-01-31 - 18.48.07.png
    525 KB · Views: 31
My problem persists even if there is only an amplifier and a cab block in the signal path.
signal path:

My problems always appear when there is an Amp channel change within the preset. It doesn't matter whether I'm working with factory or purchased presets. Of course, the situation worsens with DSP utilization, but even at a low percentage, the most disturbing volume jump is present when switching.
[…]
It may have been present, but not so drastically. I previously uploaded a small sample, you can hear what I'm talking about.
I can't see how a wireless could cause the problem, but for debugging purposes, does the problem continue when it's been disconnected and you connect directly to the FM3?

Have you "Reset System Parameters" as described on p. 102 in the manual, and tried your preset and scene changes?

Have you made changes to the factory and/or purchased presets you're having problems with? What happens when you switch scenes in the stock factory presets, perhaps the first one, "59 Bassguy"?

A screenshot or sound sample is not nearly as useful to us as the actual preset file that we can all work from; Without that we're having to guess and imagine what is happening. In addition, the system+gb+fc.syx backup file is helpful if it's a system configuration problem, so please supply both files.

Thanks!

signal path:

At the moment there are Brit 800 amplifiers on all channels and, in addition to standard ir lengths, Factory2 992 and Factory2 996 Irs on all channels. I use all of them.
(AustinBuddy Live Gold. Damn good and cleverly put together stuff! But the preset is not important, because it is experienced with all presets that use multiple channels)

Actually, I use relatively many blocks. (see attached picture)

(I solve the whole concert from one preset, because there is no time to change presets or instruments.)

At the same time, FM3 suits me. If this volume jump could be eliminated so that there is no audible difference in the sound, I could cope with the relatively long pause experienced when changing scenes. I did not have this problem with previous FW versions. now both are present on my FM3 unit.
I think that maybe I found a FW bug that does not apply to a specific amp. (But I'm not sure if it's not my clumsiness.)
I did not experience this problem with the previous FW.
Have you looked at the Scene Levels on the Output block? Is there a level boost that now needs to be removed due to changes you made to a particular scene?

Did you add additional channels to the Delay and/or Reverb blocks? If so, how did you set the mix and levels compared to the channels that were already in the preset?

It has been noted that turning on global spill over can cause slower switching between channels. Have you enabled any Spillover in Setup > Global Settings > Config > Effect Mixing? This is spillover across presets, not scenes so if you have enabled it and don't switch presets within a song set it to "Off".

Will there be a new list of factory presets any time soon? Would they match the current firmware any better or should we just tweak the current factory presets as desired and achieve the same results? Thanks

I do not know why, but I do not like Cygnus for metal. Cleans and crunch are great but I can notice that pick attack is not as percussive as it is in Ares firmware. I tried 4.0 and yesterday tried 6.01 and same results. Are you experiencing something similar?
I've noticed it myself going live.
Areas 3.02 was the most inspiring update but there were volume issues at the output 2.
I've went back to Areas 3.01 with excellent quality for Friedman BE. Updated back to Cygnus 6.01 and it sounded mushy in the low end and i felt like i had to pick a tad harder. I've used every update on loud and live stages. Sometimes i have done an update between sets. Haha

Areas 3.02 was the most inspiring update but there were volume issues at the output 2.
I've went back to Areas 3.01 with excellent quality for Friedman BE. Updated back to Cygnus 6.01 and it sounded mushy in the low end and i felt like i had to pick a tad harder. I've used every update on loud and live stages. Sometimes i have done an update between sets. Haha
Have you tried turning down the master bias excursion ?

The amps are more squishy with Cygnus 2. I’m not a metal player but like my overdrive, and it is noticeable. So far I haven’t found a cure but I haven’t tried very hard. Overall I’m digging the new FW. Things I tried are DC supply, less sag, higher variac. Those didn’t help much if at all. I haven’t played with the excursion. I do put some amp input low cut on almost all my presets, which tightens up the low end.

I can't see how a wireless could cause the problem, but for debugging purposes, does the problem continue when it's been disconnected and you connect directly to the FM3?

Have you "Reset System Parameters" as described on p. 102 in the manual, and tried your preset and scene changes?

Have you made changes to the factory and/or purchased presets you're having problems with? What happens when you switch scenes in the stock factory presets, perhaps the first one, "59 Bassguy"?

A screenshot or sound sample is not nearly as useful to us as the actual preset file that we can all work from; Without that we're having to guess and imagine what is happening. In addition, the system+gb+fc.syx backup file is helpful if it's a system configuration problem, so please supply both files.
Thanks!
Sorry for my bad english! I attached the two files. Thanks for checking!

Attachments

• FM3-230201-103533-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
  • JCM800WH.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom