FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my FM3 freeze in rehearsal tonight. Scrolled through presets with the wheel. Only basic presets with around 60% CPU.

Was back to normal after reboot.

Yesterday the device started in tuner mode with the footswitches unresponsive. Was back to normal after some food dancing. Had to manually disable the tuner with the tempo button.

PXL_20221118_084239294.jpg

To me this beta seems that has flattened the amps types... With the same ir and cab to me sound more like this latter make 95% of the sound...

I'm not sure why it's doing this, but on my main preset, it's showing that my amp is the Spawn Q-Rod OD1-3 in the Channel, but up at the top of the screen it's showing that it is the Carol Ann Tucana Clean, which is what I created in the preset. I just updated to the 6.4 beta last night. It still sounds like the Carol Ann, not like the Spawn.

1668876216526.png

I got a couple of freeze. FM3 was connected with an fc6, and to my Mac with a USB cable. I was working on layouts, views and per presets switches. I can't replicated the freeze

I'm not sure why it's doing this, but on my main preset, it's showing that my amp is the Spawn Q-Rod OD1-3 in the Channel, but up at the top of the screen it's showing that it is the Carol Ann Tucana Clean, which is what I created in the preset. I just updated to the 6.4 beta last night. It still sounds like the Carol Ann, not like the Spawn.

View attachment 111382
Refresh After Firmware Update in FM3-EDIT

View attachment 111382
Are you using the latest editor ?
Did you refresh after new firmware from the editor?

No issues installing, sounds amazing, loving the 5F8, gracias to the team for that yet again, I donno what it is, but it is, awesome!

Fractal folks,

Good morning, went to fire up my FM3 which has been updated to 6b4 for a few days now, and today, got this:

20221119_122325.jpg

Preset had changed to 000 (never use that one) and none of the footswtiches seem to be functioning; flashed to 5r3, same thing, back to 6b4 and now no footswitch illumination. The expression pedals seem to work, the strip at the top of the FC-6 seems to track when I make scene/preset changes through FM-edit, but the footswitches are now out of operation, and the scribble strips (which you can't see really well here) are 3x dashes ( --- ) on the FM-3 and blank on the FC-6.

Prior to just this morning, everything was functioning correctly.

Any tips?

Last edited:
Reactions: Woz
Fractal folks,

Good morning, went to fire up my FM3 which has been updated to 6b4 for a few days now, and today, got this:

View attachment 111387

Preset had changed to 000 (never use that one) and none of the footswtiches seem to be functioning; flashed to 5r3, same thing, back to 6b4 and now no footswitch illumination. The expression pedals seem to work, the strip at the top of the FC-6 seems to track when I make scene/preset changes through FM-edit, but the footswitches are now out of operation, and the scribble strips (which you can't see really well here) are 3x dashes ( --- ) on the FM-3 and blank on the FC-6.

Prior to just this morning, everything was functioning correctly.

Any tips?
Restore your layouts from a backup?

Otherwise, re-initialize them from the global setup menu.

Restore your layouts from a backup?

Otherwise, re-initialize them from the global setup menu.

Hey unix-guy,

Tried completely reloading the OMG9 layout, no change. Trying to reset the switches from the global setup/FC Controllers/Onboard switches submenu, but no dice either.

Hey unix-guy,

Tried completely reloading the OMG9 layout, no change. Trying to reset the switches from the global setup/FC Controllers/Onboard switches submenu, but no dice either.
What happens if you disconnect the FC-6? Maybe try another XLR cable for that, too.

Otherwise I'd suggest contacting support.

Apologies if this has been asked...

Can we use the newest FM3 Edit with (older) FW5?

I'd like to try starting set up of setlists ahead of time while waiting for the full release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom