FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question but I don't recall this happening before, are you guys getting a vol spike when you turn on a drive?

I had a similar issue earlier this year, suddenly USB connect stopped after a reboot. I then tried 6 different computers, 3 worked, 3 didnt. Ended up having to exchange the FM3. I know thats doesnt fix your immediate issue, but if u can try other computers. One piece of advice i got from G66 was to make sure FM3 and computer are on the exact same power source e.g both on a Conditioner, if not u can have a small differential in voltage. I always power on/off with the USB disconnected. Also contact support Mark Day was great there is a boot up mode with USB Debug which will show if the USB is “talking” best of luck

There are still some amps that have not been reworked for Cygnus 2
The Deizels, Bogners etc were still to be done as of This beta
All of the amps have been reworked, Cliff is working on verifying them. I won't pretend to know exactly what that means but it stands to reason that he's making sure that Cygnus X-2 is working properly and/or as expected with each amp.

I had a similar issue earlier this year, suddenly USB connect stopped after a reboot. I then tried 6 different computers, 3 worked, 3 didnt. Ended up having to exchange the FM3. I know thats doesnt fix your immediate issue, but if u can try other computers. One piece of advice i got from G66 was to make sure FM3 and computer are on the exact same power source e.g both on a Conditioner, if not u can have a small differential in voltage. I always power on/off with the USB disconnected. Also contact support Mark Day was great there is a boot up mode with USB Debug which will show if the USB is “talking” best of luck
Thanks man

thank you! I did this, the fractal bot does not see the device. I want to show that the connection from the computers disappeared exactly after the reboot after the 6.02 update. so I hope that this is a software failure and it can be solved.
FWIW - the USB port failed in my FM3, maybe around a year go. That does not mean what you are experiencing is a port failure though.

My FM3 is one of the early ones without headphone socket. The USB port always felt loose compared to other devices I owned. My problems were gradual though. Sometimes the device would not be recognised, but most of the time it would. I followed advice to boot up without USB connected and it seemed to help. But then after a while it didn't help.

Mine was sent to G66's authorised repairer in the UK, and the entire main board was replaced, thankfully under warranty. When it came back, the USB port felt totally different, providing a firm connection as I was used to with other devices. I have not had a problem since.

This may have nothing to do with what you are experiencing. Mine was an intermittent problem that became worse, consistent with gradual hardware component failure. If yours has suddenly failed to be recognised and is now never recognised, it may be something totally different.

I am a Mac user, where no special drivers are required. If you're on Windows that may introduce other issues.

@rglr @Admin M is this version of the fm3 firmware now in step with the latest ax3 firmware? ie can an amp block from the current ax3 be loaded into the fm3?

The update just sounds even more realistic than the last one. I wouldn't have expected such a leap to be possible again.
I have never owned a musical instrument that has given me so much pleasure over such a long period of time and where I can constantly discover and learn new things.
The levelling tool in FM3-Edit sometimes doesn't come to the foreground when I click on it, - to criticize something.

Possible Bug... Can you confirm if the Bright Gain for the 59 Bassguy Normal model is working? It has no effect on the tone in my fm3. I am assuming the control shouldn't be there since it's the normal channel? The control is under the tone page. Normal gain control is working correctly.

Also...

Deluxe Tweed model Normal Gain might be off. If I push to 10, the amp gets quieter and has less gain. If I reduce, it gets more gain.
Tweed Jumped Normal Gain not working until pushed to 10. Otherwise doesn't work correctly.

@rglr

Last edited:
Maybe has just been reported but i ve noticed that the only one parameter that has changed in all my amp preset is the input eq... Check it.

hi joakim !! unfortunately with the translation it is not clear! what i mean is that on the setlist screen the blue cursor doesn't move and i don't know which song i'm playing in thank you
Ah, my cursor does not move around. I'm on windows btw.
how do you see where you are in the lineup ???
As I understand it you can not do it in fm3-edit. There you just define the songs and sections and setlists. You need to have a footswitch defined and then you can see what song comes next etc. E.g. just tested with a few songs and a few sections.
I defined one footswitch to song+(and hold for song-) there I could see the name of the next song (then it iterates through my songs). Same with a section+ footswitch.

Ah, il mio cursore non si muove. Sono su Windows tra l'altro.

A quanto ho capito non puoi farlo in fm3-edit. Lì definisci semplicemente le canzoni, le sezioni e le scalette. Devi avere un interruttore a pedale definito e quindi puoi vedere quale canzone viene dopo, ecc. Ad esempio, ho appena testato con alcune canzoni e alcune sezioni.
Ho definito un interruttore a pedale su song+ (e tieni premuto per song-) lì ho potuto vedere il nome della canzone successiva (quindi scorre le mie canzoni). Lo stesso con un interruttore a pedale sezione+.
pity ..... let's hope fractal scrolls the blue cursor or always highlights the current song on the main screen !! it would be perfect!! anyway thanks friend of the answers you are very kind;)

I read in another thread that we can install the latest Axe-fx III patches.
Nope, don’t try. The FX3 presets are seldom going to fit into a FM3 because of hardware constraints resulting in broken presets and massive CPU % overages. Remember, the FX3 has 4x the CPU of the FM3 and a bigger grid.

@Ruslannuno that is strangely garbled. Select Com1 and see what happens.
@Ruslannuno If Com1 doesn't work do the following:

1. Disconnect the FM3 from the PC
2. Open Device Manager
3. Select menu item "View->Show Hidden Devices"
4. Delete anything FM3 related under "Ports (COMM & LPT)"
5. With the "Ports (COMM & LPT)" item open connect the FM3 to the PC

If nothing shows up under that section indicating a new device has been connected I'm afraid this might be a hardware issue and you will have to contact support to get this resolved.

p.s. One thing previously mentioned by @Simon Godden that was a good idea is a possible broken USB port. Inspect the physical USB port on the back of the FM3. Verify that the center pin in the port is solid and the port is not otherwise damaged.

@rglr amazing update, thank you!

Quick question: Given I have edited several advanced amp controls in my presets, resetting the amp blocks in my presets is a bit impractical. Are the new speaker drive and thump values the only amended new default values for the amp blocks, or are there other advanced parameters that have been amended (especially for the list of amps that were re-done for accuracy)?
The reason why I'm asking is that if it's only those 2 values, I'd rather go in and amend my presets manually, rather that resetting the amp blocks.

Thank you!
Resetting the Amp blocks is not necessary. The new parameters in the Amp will automatically be updated to defaults. However, as other have indicated, you may need to tweak a few parameters to get the sound you had before.

I'll try again. I'm not able to change to on the parameters of ideal section of the amp block in the sv20 emulation in fm3 edit (SAT, cut, efc). I don't know the reason and i would to know if this ocours to somebody else.
Sorry for my english and thank you
I just created a new preset with the SV20, no problem in the Ideal section. You might want to try reloading the firmware.

Took a few hours and changed the Speaker Drive and Thump to the factory defaults of 2.0 and 2.5 on all my presets. I like what I'm hearing. Curious that the Thump parameter which didn't exist before was set at 0.0 when the default is 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom