FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your continued patience on the FM3 firmware release. There have been numerous fixes and improvements made during recent beta tests, including CPU optimizations designed to offset CPU increases associated with improvements from the Axe-Fx III. It's remarkable how much sound "fits" in the FM3 but it takes a lot of work. I expect we'll have one more round of private beta before a public release. We will keep you updated as we close in.

Thanks for your continued patience on the FM3 firmware release. There have been numerous fixes and improvements made during recent beta tests, including CPU optimizations designed to offset CPU increases associated with improvements from the Axe-Fx III. It's remarkable how much sound "fits" in the FM3 but it takes a lot of work. I expect we'll have one more round of private beta before a public release. We will keep you updated as we close in.

Appreciate you all, and your efforts. :)

It will take the time needed and I appreciate all efforts made to fit in the FM3 as much as improvements given the CPU limitations but we truly appreciate your update as my F5 was showing sign of fatigue
I will give it some time off

Damned.. I hoped to have the new firmware on Friday as you said last week I will be released this week… it’s a long to wait but I’m sure it is gonna be great !

Damned.. I hoped to have the new firmware on Friday as you said last week I will be released this week… it’s a long to wait but I’m sure it is gonna be great !
If they bring in the goodies just released in the Axe3's 21.00 beta, it'll be worth the wait (and then some more).

With apologies to Gandalf, "A firmware release is never late, nor is it early. It always arrives exactly when it intends to."

Its amazing how much of a difference it makes when Fractal (or any company) is just straightforward about a release of something. Clearly a lot of people here are frothing for the new firmware, but a simple update from HQ is more than enough to keep everyone satisfied. I'm so used to other companies who have radio silence about things and its the most annoying/frustrating stance to take when you're a user.

Love your work guys, looking forward to FW6!

If they bring in the goodies just released in the Axe3's 21.00 beta, it'll be worth the wait (and then some more).
Seems highly unlikely. If they keep adding stuff, especially beta stuff like this, the mountain keeps getting bigger and bigger. I expect pre-cygnus X2 stuff from 6.0. And then when the Axe FX III firmware develops enough so, we shall see the new Cygnus version for fm3 eventually.

Seems highly unlikely. If they keep adding stuff, especially beta stuff like this, the mountain keeps getting bigger and bigger. I expect pre-cygnus X2 stuff from 6.0. And then when the Axe FX III firmware develops enough so, we shall see the new Cygnus version for fm3 eventually.
Your guess is as good mine or anybody else's; whatever finds its way into 6.0 is going to be more than welcome

Your guess is as good mine or anybody else's; whatever finds its way into 6.0 is going to be more than welcome
Well, it isn't hard to come up with predictions though about what we're likely to get/not get that don't have the same inductive power. Depends on the reasons offered.

But for sure, what I wrote is speculative nonetheless, and my reasons can be arguably weak.

Last edited:
I find these "x.x firmware version" threads forum's analog of smoking area :)
Small talks about the weather with occasional arguing about recent news and predictions about the next events and elections.
Everyone knows what everyone else is going to say but keeps talking anyway because you just have to talk to people when smoking! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom