FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
The complaints about what FM3 can't do are tiresome. Whiners should have bought an FM9 or an Axe-Fx III, but they'll come here to tell us all about the very specific delay trails they need while they're playing at home in their bathrobes.
The FM9 hasn't really been an option for most FM3 owners either due to not existing or availability. At least in the EU the FM9 price is also very high nowadays if that matters.

I own both an Axe-Fx 3 and a FM3 and I'm still considering if I should keep the FM3 as well and use it as a "travel rig". I like its form factor. The amount of CPU power it has is ok, just don't build kitchen sink presets with it. It can do traditional guitar rigs just fine, get the FM9 or Axe-Fx 3 if you want to build super complex ones that are the equivalent of a virtual studio.

As for the Quad Cortex, I truly love the hardware and user experience on it. Miles better than the FM3. Unfortunately the software even one year since release is still not quite there so I'm not getting one again. But it really does put Fractal's onboard UI to shame. I really hope Fractal will do this much better for their next gen products because it's still the worst part of Fractal products.

The FM9 hasn't really been an option for most FM3 owners either due to not existing or availability. At least in the EU the FM9 price is also very high nowadays if that matters.

I own both an Axe-Fx 3 and a FM3 and I'm still considering if I should keep the FM3 as well and use it as a "travel rig". I like its form factor. The amount of CPU power it has is ok, just don't build kitchen sink presets with it. It can do traditional guitar rigs just fine, get the FM9 or Axe-Fx 3 if you want to build super complex ones that are the equivalent of a virtual studio.

As for the Quad Cortex, I truly love the hardware and user experience on it. Miles better than the FM3. Unfortunately the software even one year since release is still not quite there so I'm not getting one again. But it really does put Fractal's onboard UI to shame. I really hope Fractal will do this much better for their next gen products because it's still the worst part of Fractal products.
For hardware UI, cortex and fractal aren't even on the same planet for me.

But for tones I prefer what's in fm3.. Even before we get the Cygnus 2x now accurate-er-rest low end.

The complaints about what FM3 can't do are tiresome. Whiners should have bought an FM9 or an Axe-Fx III, but they'll come here to tell us all about the very specific delay trails they need while they're playing at home in their bathrobes.
What's truly tiresome are the FM3 forum's butt-hurt fanbois who whine about whiners and talk out their asses about people they don't know.

These are the same people who don't understand that modern shows often require professional musicians to play to a click generated by show computers that automate the lights, teleprompters, instrument and vocal FX, various aspects of the various mixes, backing tracks and multi-media etc, and that pristine tails and cross-fades can be important (which BTW the current FM3 handles just fine via Scenes only thank you very much!).

I would suggest you butt-hurt fanbois attempt to grow up if possible, and stop taking this forum stuff personally, but I understand that this concept will most likely sail right over your heads.

What's truly tiresome are the FM3 forum's butt-hurt fanbois who whine about whiners and talk out their asses about people they don't know.

These are the same people who don't understand that modern shows often require professional musicians to play to a click generated by show computers that automate the lights, teleprompters, instrument and vocal FX, various aspects of the various mixes, backing tracks and multi-media etc, and that pristine tails and cross-fades can be important (which BTW the current FM3 handles just fine via Scenes only thank you very much!).

I would suggest you butt-hurt fanbois attempt to grow up if possible, and stop taking this forum stuff personally, but I understand that this concept will most likely sail right over your heads.
I don’t really have a dog in this fight, but there’s an incongruence here. If the so called “Professional” is performing in such a highly professional situation I find it hard to believe that said professional isn’t receiving a paycheck that would allow for the professional to own one maybe two Axe FXIII Turbos and this whole issue would be moot.

It’s all relative. I decided to get one of these new fangled ditties, the NUX Mighty Plug Pro a couple weeks ago. Took it on a short vacation to the beach. Splurged a little and rented a unit on the 16th floor of a 22 story condo complex. Right on the beach facing the ocean with a big balcony. I plugged that bugger in and direct into a JBL chargeable Bluetooth speaker and was having a blast. For that week it was coolest thing going. Still really is! The thing sounds great has no latency to speak of and is easy to dial in. Is it going to replace my FM3? Heck NO, but it has its place and I have found even more uses. I played through the FM3 tonight and remembered why it’s so damn great. Love it all.

I don’t really have a dog in this fight, but there’s an incongruence here. If the so called “Professional” is performing in such a highly professional situation I find it hard to believe that said professional isn’t receiving a paycheck that would allow for the professional to own one maybe two Axe FXIII Turbos and this whole issue would be moot.
Exactly.

So...the FM3 does all you need. Got it

Last edited:

I've owned the FM3, FM9, Axe III, Helix, and QC, and for me the FM9 hits the sweet spot. Enough DSP and foot switches to do most anything you could ever dream of in a single box, but still reasonably small. But all three Fractal products are great in there own way and might be a better fit for some users depending on needs. QC UI (along with Helix UI) are unquestionably better and I hope Fractal makes leaps and bounds in this area moving forward. I find the hardware button and knob layout to be particularly clunky on Fractal. But I do most of the heavy lifting using the computer software so I limit my use of the onboard UI which works well enough for me.

Now, back to the original question. Will we get new firmware this week :p

Haha! Really? It is kind of revealing of your character that you would go there.

Bravo!

I am perfectly fine with my fm3...does all I need....also do appreciate updates as they come along...if ya need the "everything" whether you use or not, just upgrade to a bigger fractal unit...won't make ya play any better, but who knows maybe....anyways thanks to the great folks at fractal for all they do...customer for life here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom