FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and while 'FM3 BETA ' soon is more Googled then COVID 2021 -

try this sound improver if you have an UA APOLLO TWIN ( USB ) - start the UAD Meter & Control Panel icon
Goto Configuration tab - at UAD-2 DSP - if EXTRA BUFFERING is marked - UNMARK it and hear 'a thin blanket removed from sounds / CAB'
in FM3 sound : )

Also in UA Console Settings - set if possible without crackles - Buffer at 128 or lower ( Vs 256 OK but higher then that Big NO thanks! difference)

Last one - if you have DAW FL Studio - set the stock plugin 'Soundgoodizer in guitarchain and set for guitar choice 'C' ( out of A-D different settings)

cheers m8

That device doesn't have direct monitoring? Wow.

That device doesn't have direct monitoring? Wow.
Of course the UA APOLLO TWIN ( USB ) has direct monitoring, and it's very full featured including DSP to run low latency UA plugins on either or both paths, plus virtual DAW outputs as well for subs/groups etc.

Very full featured for their entry level interface.

There have been quite a few additions to the Axe since our last update, so it could be a lot of things. No use in speculating - we'll figure it out once the public beta is released. No doubt it will be really cool though.

Probably will be the biggest FM3 update yet at least in terms of number of new features.

Just some things axe fx 3 users have seen: the whole coil thing-speaker drive updates, impedance curve updates (I believe this is seperate), thump, some new amp models (I think), klon, updates to the drive sim tech... Easy to forget just how much has come out.

What I'm most curious about is the thump parameter. And impedance curve tech updates.

My biggest wish with new firmware would be optimzed algorithms for the blocks that uses the biggest amount of CPU.
I try to have my presets not overloaded but still scratching 80% and already do without some blocks I want or reduce Reverb quality down as far as possible.
So same quality with new alogrithms would be great. If possible.

My biggest wish with new firmware would be optimzed algorithms for the blocks that uses the biggest amount of CPU.
I try to have my presets not overloaded but still scratching 80% and already do without some blocks I want or reduce Reverb quality down as far as possible.
So same quality with new alogrithms would be great. If possible.
Have you tried the Plex Verb options in place of the Reverb block? The Reverb block is a CPU hog, and I've found that the Plex Verb is an acceptable substitute, particularly in a live setting. May not work for everyone, but it did the trick for me.

Have you tried the Plex Verb options in place of the Reverb block? The Reverb block is a CPU hog, and I've found that the Plex Verb is an acceptable substitute, particularly in a live setting. May not work for everyone, but it did the trick for me.

I tried the Plex Verb. Didn’t work for me. Sort of forgot about it actually. I’m hitting the wall lately. So I’ll try it again.

I’m pretty sure that optimizing the blocks is a big part of a firmware release, particularly on the FM3. Lately I’m using multiple versions of the same preset with different effects options, which works for me. It’s in private beta now. This might be the week it goes public. Bring it on!

Yes, tried it a while ago but only because of my preset with reverb in eco and lowest echo density was around 85% instead.
Sure there is the FM9 but the form factor of FM3 fits my needs more and dual Amps will be nice too for experimenting but not for live use for me.
So the FM3 with 20% more CPU or optimized algorithm would be perfect for my personal use.

Yes, tried it a while ago but only because of my preset with reverb in eco and lowest echo density was around 85% instead.
Sure there is the FM9 but the form factor of FM3 fits my needs more and dual Amps will be nice too for experimenting but not for live use for me.
So the FM3 with 20% more CPU or optimized algorithm would be perfect for my personal use.
It's a dream wish but Fractal can't save 20%. Maybe 5%...

Lately I’m using multiple versions of the same preset with different effects options, which works for me.
You gotta be fucking kidding me right.
Are you seriously trying to imply that 99% of the years worth of endless FM3 CPU overload dramatics was actually a non-issue all along if the unit was just used properly within its capabilities by just doing THIS.
You probably think your witty too or some shit for only using like a dozen words to do it.
Beat it.

I'd forsake a Block just to have continued and ongoing updates. If it comes to that.

My chains are simple. But if it comes to loosing a block, even there, I'd prefer it over loosing core sound quality updates (if it were to come to that, let's say).

An fm3 running second grade amp block (like a legitimately second grade amp block) would be weird.

But I can understand people with different priorities... Or the hope that code could be even better optimized, even though I'm doubtful how far this could go without adverse side effects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom