FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta be fucking kidding me right.
Are you seriously trying to imply that 99% of the years worth of endless FM3 CPU overload dramatics was actually a non-issue all along if the unit was just used properly within its capabilities by just doing THIS.
You probably think your witty too or some shit for only using like a dozen words to do it.
Beat it.

Just sharing what I do to make it work for me. I don’t get what your problem is.

Decreasing quality , especially of Amp and Cab Sim is nothing I want.
On some, not very complex presets, I already remove useless shunts to get them running near CPU limits.
Or have to remove a simple block and switch of parameters that cause additional CPU usage (CAB block preamp and others)
So it is really only a few percent more that I would need.

But for others may theres no need because of using only a few blocks.
For others there may is need of more power because wanting complex presetes or 2 amps or reverb with highest quality.
(So there is the FM9 or FXIII)

All personal wishes or needs.
I'm sure Fractal teams tries their best to fullfill the needs of the majority of users as far as possible.
I'm aware that needs of only a few single users could not be fullfilled or taken care for.

Last edited:
One does not need to really think too hard that the team at Fractal has everyones best interests at heart. I'm sure they've weighed up all the pro's and cons of what can be done with the FM3. In general, they are an anomaly in the business world. Most other companies would be trying to sell you a superseded model, but here we are eagerly awaiting some algorithm improvements and a bunch of extra stuff for free... and it's sure to be one of many many many updates coming to us over the lifecycle of the FM3 all for free, totally amazing.

One does not need to really think too hard that the team at Fractal has everyones best interests at heart. I'm sure they've weighed up all the pro's and cons of what can be done with the FM3. In general, they are an anomaly in the business world. Most other companies would be trying to sell you a superseded model, but here we are eagerly awaiting some algorithm improvements and a bunch of extra stuff for free... and it's sure to be one of many many many updates coming to us over the lifecycle of the FM3 all for free, totally amazing.
This rings true so much. Just last night, I went to use an invoice app I’ve had for a while. When I went to send the invoice, it wouldn’t send anymore. They’ve switched to a paid subscription model. $6 a month for just the base model. I don’t use the app that much, so it was ludicrous to spend $70+ a year…. every year for something like that. I searched for a different app and bought it outright.

Now the FM3, I use everyday for my job and my pleasure. I would happily pay upwards of $20/mojth for the kinds of updates Fractal provides… for free at the moment.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Yeah, I wouldn’t want any decrease in amp quality. Besides some of the things that have been floated as additions I’m pretty good. I mean I obviously wouldn’t reject any improvements, just don’t want anything that would mess with latency or dynamic response.

This rings true so much. Just last night, I went to use an invoice app I’ve had for a while. When I went to send the invoice, it wouldn’t send anymore. They’ve switched to a paid subscription model. $6 a month for just the base model. I don’t use the app that much, so it was ludicrous to spend $70+ a year…. every year for something like that. I searched for a different app and bought it outright.

Now the FM3, I use everyday for my job and my pleasure. I would happily pay upwards of $20/mojth for the kinds of updates Fractal provides… for free at the moment.

Sean Meredith-Jones
Interesting idea.

Sean Meredith-Jones
Well, I'm happy they support it for free. I don't know of any modeler out there with a paid subscription for updates.

Fractal offers such great support partly because it keeps the product relevant and a valid contender on the current market...so they keep selling units. Other platforms offer fewer updates but will launch newer platforms more often.

I gotta say I'm surprised by how long Helix has been around, but their updates are much less frequent and L6 still tends to add products to the line at a greater rate (I think they're up to 5 or 6 now).

Well, I'm happy they support it for free. I don't know of any modeler out there with a paid subscription for updates.

Fractal offers such great support partly because it keeps the product relevant and a valid contender on the current market...so they keep selling units. Other platforms offer fewer updates but will launch newer platforms more often.

I gotta say I'm surprised by how long Helix has been around, but their updates are much less frequent and L6 still tends to add products to the line at a greater rate (I think they're up to 5 or 6 now).

Well said. :)

My hunch is that Fractal earns a LOT of loyalty and return customers because of their ongoing support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom