FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
While factory presets can be fun, I honestly don't know how anyone would be satisfied just using those and never customizing anything, which is imho the whole point of buying a FAS product, which for me = creating and realizing the tone chase.

FAS gives us the ability to completely customize every little detail exactly to what you want/need and beyond, then modify and process it in real time. The way I see it, The whole reason for the continuous updates and improvements' and additions is to further that experience is it not?

I think if you're not creating your own presets, you are really missing out on what FAS is all about.

Down loaded 5.03 2 days ago, did 2 shows this weekend. Noticed the Friedman BE V1,V2,V3 amp block input drive has changed to be less sensitive to pick attack, even with the sat switch on. Almost like there's another gate blocking the sensitivity.
Anyone?

Lots of FM3 Edit freezing... and won't change to different presets a lot of the time, never had this problem before. Maybe I need to reinstall edit again... been using the same one since april 22 when it was released. And it is the latest one.
FM3 editor is definitely freezing up. Reloaded 5 times before a show tonight. Never had this issue , still using the same laptop with windows 10.

Lots of FM3 Edit freezing... and won't change to different presets a lot of the time, never had this problem before. Maybe I need to reinstall edit again... been using the same one since april 22 when it was released. And it is the latest one.
Same for me!

Yes, some presets are “out there”, but I could easily see using the wilder presets as a jumping off place for writing a song, they are definately a muse of sorts.
Exactly. So many oddball presets exhibit things you can do that maybe you wouldn't think to. Poltergeist Pigs gets mentioned periodically in jest, but don't tell me anyone who has heard it hasn't been intrigued.

For the record, I am having an issue with the 'scene ignore' function affecting exporting / importing of presets. (FW 5.03)

In the following preset, both the Filter and Drive blocks have "Scene Ignore" switched on, and the blocks bypassed.

If I export the preset, and import it again into anothre slot, both blocks will load as engaged (unbypassed).

If I turn off the "scene ignore" and repeat the process, the preset will import properly.

The preset is attached.

View attachment 102679
There is a similar bug reported in the bug section of FM3 forum, related with the behaviour of Scene Ignore.
I suggest you to copy/paste your post in that thread.

While factory presets can be fun, I honestly don't know how anyone would be satisfied just using those and never customizing anything, which is imho the whole point of buying a FAS product, which for me = creating and realizing the tone chase.

FAS gives us the ability to completely customize every little detail exactly to what you want/need and beyond, then modify and process it in real time. The way I see it, The whole reason for the continuous updates and improvements' and additions is to further that experience is it not?

I think if you're not creating your own presets, you are really missing out on what FAS is all about.
Probably because there is a certain group who aren’t capable of doing all that. So using presets appeals to them.

While factory presets can be fun, I honestly don't know how anyone would be satisfied just using those and never customizing anything
I think that speaks volumes on how good the modeling is. For some, the factory presets are good enough. Personally, I like to use them as a starting point. Saves time when auditioning a model.

I think that speaks volumes on how good the modeling is. For some, the factory presets are good enough. Personally, I like to use them as a starting point. Saves time when auditioning a model.
100%. This. And I've had multiple episodes of losing myself in certain factory presets, as well. Currently, I'm particularly fond of the Euro Uber, Euro Blue/Red models, Shiva clean, CA3+ (all 3 channels), 1987 Clean, JVM OD1 Red, and the HBE v1 Fat models (and maybe a few others I'm forgetting at the moment). Their respective factory presets provide excellent starting points that I'm very thankful for. Sometimes I make small settings to the amp controls, but not much, and sometimes I'll try different IR's, which I may stick with or go back to the stock ones in the factory presets. That said, I also made a "Super Bogner" preset, using channels containing Shiva clean and Uber distortion models (each with different IR's) for different scenes, as well as variations on it with different above-mentioned distortion amp models.

I'm also about to watch Frank Steffen Mueller's video series where he goes through all the factory presets, in parallel with trying them myself, to see what else I might like.

Truly an amazing unit, the FM3 is. And with taking advantage of the closeout deal on a Mark 1 FC-12, OMG15 switching makes everything easy, too. I've never been happier with my rig. I might get an Axe FX III at some point, but do I absolutely need one? Nah, not really.

Probably because there is a certain group who aren’t capable of doing all that. So using presets appeals to them.

I have a buddy with the Axe3. He loads a preset and just uses it. No matter how many times I’ve tried to show him how to dial them in he just won’t do it. It’s the same with his Marshall combo he uses to play out with. Just kind of sets the volume and plays it as is.

C’mon man- There’s nothing wrong with being preset curious.
Personally- I tried it once and didn’t like it.
So I moved on secure in my manhood.
Your results may vary.

Just installed the new update. Now, my FM3 will randomly just start cycling thru presets on its own. Seems to happen when connected to FM3 edit, but disconnecting while it’s going crazy doesn’t stop it. It will usually settle on preset 445 (blank) and I have to scroll back to 389, which is my usual preset. Anyone see this before?

Just installed the new update. Now, my FM3 will randomly just start cycling thru presets on its own. Seems to happen when connected to FM3 edit, but disconnecting while it’s going crazy doesn’t stop it. It will usually settle on preset 445 (blank) and I have to scroll back to 389, which is my usual preset. Anyone see this before?
What OS? Do you have a DAW running? Do you have an FC controller attached, and, if so, have you checked the cable to the controller? Is anything else attached to the FM3?

What OS? Do you have a DAW running? Do you have an FC controller attached, and, if so, have you checked the cable to the controller? Is anything else attached to the FM3?
Win 11, no DAW, just practicing for a show. No FC. My usb cable is fine. And, if you unplug it when it starts going crazy, it doesn’t stop. Cycles thru random presets between my 389 and the blank ones up to 445 where it usually lands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom