FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify I meant , Its Cliff . Some people fire up a plate of nachos at halftime on Sunday afternoon football . Cliffs fires up a 19.01 beta .
Whether or not its the preamp or something else , you know he is going to add more.
Oh I read the 19.01 release notes just to see. To be fair logistically speaking it may already be included in the release for us that Matt mentioned earlier that we should get this week. But the world may never know

Oh I read the 19.01 release notes just to see. To be fair logistically speaking it may already be included in the release for us that Matt mentioned earlier that we should get this week. But the world may never know
CNFB was introduced in release 19. 19.1 has other stuff. FW 19 has been out for a bit so it's not like CNFB is still in beta on the flagship and won't make it down to the FM3 and FM9 for a long time. Plus Cliff already said it's in there.

CNFB was introduced in release 19. 19.1 has other stuff. FW 19 has been out for a bit so it's not like CNFB is still in beta on the flagship and won't make it down to the FM3 and FM9 for a long time. Plus Cliff already said it's in there.
I’m sorry maybe I mis spoke. I know cnfb is in there. I’m saying now he added EVEN MORE stuff for the axeiii. Since we have been told the reason this took longer than usual was getting cnfb to us successfully now it is speculation as to does the 19.01 beta stuff now make our next release beta or otherwise take longer orrrr do we get our finalized whatever with the cnfb stuff from 19.00 first and then 19.01 stuff at a later time again

I’m sorry maybe I mis spoke. I know cnfb is in there. I’m saying now he added EVEN MORE stuff for the axeiii. Since we have been told the reason this took longer than usual was getting cnfb to us successfully now it is speculation as to does the 19.01 beta stuff now make our next release beta or otherwise take longer orrrr do we get our finalized whatever with the cnfb stuff from 19.00 first and then 19.01 stuff at a later time again
Ahhhh. Yeah, I'm all confused. Don't mind me.

If I'm not mistaken 19.1 addresses some relevant issues on 19. On the other hand FM3 with fw 4.1 is going strong, so fixing the issues on the 19 is (and should be) priority over having the devices in absolute lock step in terms of features.

Plus, each new Axe fw release is another step towards FM3's as well, as many issues being fixed are device independent.

I expect a great 5.0 release when it's time.

If I'm not mistaken 19.1 addresses some relevant issues on 19. On the other hand FM3 with fw 4.1 is going strong, so fixing the issues on the 19 is (and should be) priority over having the devices in absolute lock step in terms of features.

Plus, each new Axe fw release is another step towards FM3's as well, as many issues being fixed are device independent.

I expect a great 5.0 release when it's time.
Misspoke again but alas doesn’t mean we won’t get another 5 beta this week. Yes we aren’t always in lockstep but since he already said we were getting stuff from 19 and Matt said we should see a another drop this week that’s my thoughts

I updated my fractal edit software as recommended and downloaded the Beta 5:00 update (my FM3 has the latest firmware). When I double clicked on the update to install, all I got was 'fractool' which kept loading with subsequent attempts. I'm running mac El Capitan. Any ideas?

I updated my fractal edit software as recommended and downloaded the Beta 5:00 update (my FM3 has the latest firmware). When I double clicked on the update to install, all I got was 'fractool' which kept loading with subsequent attempts. I'm running mac El Capitan. Any ideas?
Close FM3 edit and open FractalBot. From there, you can browse to the file; you won't be able to open it by double-clicking on it.

NOTE: You can also open up Fractal Bot from within FM3 Edit (tools dropdown) and if you do it this way, you can do what you need to do without closing FM3 Edit. If you use the standalone Fractal Bot, you'll have to close FM3 Edit, otherwise they'll fight.

Last edited:
I'm still hoping that the FM3 single cab block can, somehow, get a "series" mode for the 2 IRs it's able to load. It would be so much better to load a corrective EQ IR for headphones, speakers etc.

But they do. Caboose doesn't lead a train but it goes everywhere the Engine goes. Eventually. :)
Depends on what you mean by "lead"... It's not at the front but it's where the engineer directing the train operates from (I just learned this recently, not a train guy!).

Depends on what you mean by "lead"... It's not at the front but it's where the engineer directing the train operates from (I just learned this recently, not a train guy!).
The engineer drives, the conductor directs. In the days of cabooses, the conductor and brakemen would ride in the caboose. Now the conductor rides in the locomotive with the engineer and brakemen have been all but eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom