FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in germany, too, I am already so happy with my FM 3 and Cygnus but the chance of setting my reverb blocks to higher quality settings with Firmware 5 release sounds like a dream 🤩

But in terms of the actual standard of amp modeling I could not be happier 😎🤘
All of this (including location) describes me perfectly. Just got my FM3 two days ago and already there's a beta waiting for me.

In consideration of the development and support teams, Friday releases are almost never done.
I’ve seen them done at Fractal a few times, but it was never done at my company. The last thing the development teams wanted was a crisis over the weekend or first thing Monday morning when everybody came back to work. 😂😂😂

Admittedly this is a different environment and user base.

I’ve seen them done at Fractal a few times, but it was never done at my company. The last thing the development teams wanted was a crisis over the weekend or first thing Monday morning when everybody came back to work. 😂😂😂

Actually, there was a period of time where FM3 F/W updates were dropped on Friday. Thus the phrase “Firmware Friday”. However the last one I believe was in the middle of the week.

I hear ya. We had some:

-"We're releasing on Friday"
-"Oh, who's on call this weekend?

(...)
- "Better make it Monday"

But here it’s never a crisis. If it’s a beta we don’t have to load it. It it’s a full release we load it orrrrrr don’t. You can always roll back easily if there’s a problem.

Actually, there was a period of time where FM3 F/W updates were dropped on Friday. Thus the phrase “Firmware Friday”. However the last one I believe was in the middle of the week.
I think Fridays are a great time to release. Let peeps spend extra time test driving over the weekend. Then come in Monday to a list of possible issues to look at rather than having them scatter in here and there during the week. Not sure if there was a strategy on the friday releases, but the rationale makes sense in my limited mind…

I guess I should have said that I haven’t seen many lately. I do remember Firmware Fridays though.

I think Fridays are a great time to release. Let peeps spend extra time test driving over the weekend. Then come in Monday to a list of possible issues to look at rather than having them scatter in here and there during the week. Not sure if there was a strategy on the friday releases, but the rationale makes sense in my limited mind…
I definitely agree. First, FAS seem to make sure it’s reasonably stable before releasing a public beta and as you said either don’t install it carelessly or FAS’s software utility side of things is pretty much foolproof and reverting back to an earlier stable state is all but guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom