FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is fixing it for us, or after fm9?
The team is always working to fix bugs or other issues, but keep in mind that this is a beta release and is therefor almost guaranteed to have some minor issues. If you want to avoid those issues, wait for the final releases to upgrade.

Yesterday, while screwing around with my presets and IRs, I lost my color coding for both. Which is a drag, mostly for the IRs since I had my favorites all marked. I updated my usb drivers as I was having issues connecting but the colors are all gone. Issues meaning needing to restart FM3 edit multiple times to connect. This was on my work laptop. I use that when I’m out playing in my living room. I was using the same drivers I had installed last spring when I got the FM3. Otherwise no issues with the beta.

Yesterday, while screwing around with my presets and IRs, I lost my color coding for both. Which is a drag, mostly for the IRs since I had my favorites all marked. I updated my usb drivers as I was having issues connecting but the colors are all gone. Issues meaning needing to restart FM3 edit multiple times to connect. This was on my work laptop. I use that when I’m out playing in my living room. I was using the same drivers I had installed last spring when I got the FM3. Otherwise no issues with the beta.
Happened to me too several times and additional because of using at least 2 Laptops.😂
So a good way is to save some screenshots.
But I forget it every time 🥴

Happened to me too several times and additional because of using at least 2 Laptops.😂
So a good way is to save some screenshots.
But I forget it every time 🥴

I’m assuming the colors are stored on the FM3 and not within the editor. Since they were there on the same LT, and also on my desktop. And now they’re not. Sniff....

Good idea on the screenshots.

FW 5.0.103 was sent to the beta team this morning. All is going well. I expect there will be a release next week.
Thanks so much for everyone’s continued hard work and for keeping us in the loop. Take a break this weekend. Maybe watch some football or basketball! Clear out the old braincells. Cheers! 👏👏👏

I’m assuming the colors are stored on the FM3 and not within the editor. Since they were there on the same LT, and also on my desktop. And now they’re not. Sniff....

Good idea on the screenshots.
No, that is only in the editor... So they are distinct to each computer.

Excuse my ignorance- but how are instruction manuals updated relative to all the newest button functions.
Firmware 5 for Feb seems like a perfect time to re-learn everything.
Easy enough to compile what I need to know and write it down- but still curious about how and when the master instructions guide gets modified.
thx.

Bug on the Band Commander:

I hear also the high pitched tone, also with no Input connected - its about 3,7KHz/-50dBFS meassured with a FFT Analyzer on the initalsized Amp Block.
It changes pitch when you dial in a little change on the negative Feedback parameter. Default value is 2.95, so go to 2.7 or 3.2 and the tone is gone! I also changed the Speaker Impendance or Cathode Resistance parameter a little and the tone goes also away - very strange and not audible on other models i tried.

...also different Speaker impendance curves and their parameters change the oszillation frequency!
I confirm, it is the same for me.

In addition, the squeak (pitched tone,oscialtons) also changes if I move the parameter Transform Matching (value below 1.0, near 0.5)

Excuse my ignorance- but how are instruction manuals updated relative to all the newest button functions.
Easy enough to compile what I need to know and write it down- but still curious about how and when the master instructions guide gets modified.
thx.
The basic operation of the unit doesn’t change much, if ever. But this time there probably will be a revision since the A-E shortcuts were added. The blocks guide is updated regularly since that’s where most of the changes take place.

thx.
One option (for a physical copy) is to keep a print out of any release notes for updates issued in the interim. I suppose you could do that digitally as well.

Bug on the Band Commander:

I hear also the high pitched tone, also with no Input connected - its about 3,7KHz/-50dBFS meassured with a FFT Analyzer on the initalsized Amp Block.
It changes pitch when you dial in a little change on the negative Feedback parameter. Default value is 2.95, so go to 2.7 or 3.2 and the tone is gone! I also changed the Speaker Impendance or Cathode Resistance parameter a little and the tone goes also away - very strange and not audible on other models i tried.

...also different Speaker impendance curves and their parameters change the oszillation frequency!
This has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom