FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BryantP i notice that when i use the Pitch Follower , the INPUT is set to INPUT2 instead of INPUT1 and i have to change it every time :

1623786148475.pngi think it must be on INPUT1by default , isn't it ?

@BryantP i notice that when i use the Pitch Follower , the INPUT is set to INPUT2 instead of INPUT1 and i have to change it every time :
i think it must be on INPUT1by default , isn't it ?
This is a per-preset setting. It defaults to "Input 1" and should come up in the same state as it was when the preset was saved. If you're seeing different behavior please send me the preset that's being problematic.

This is a per-preset setting. It defaults to "Input 1" and should come up in the same state as it was when the preset was saved. If you're seeing different behavior please send me the preset that's being problematic.
Ok , i've tried to create a new preset for testing , on an empty presets and i saw this INPUT in the CONTROL(INPUT2), doing a CLEAR PRESET and seeing again it comes back on INPUT1 , thanks my mistake (y)

Can someone explain how to backup my foot controller layouts (for FM3 and 4 button FS) please? I have a backup via Fractalbot but that also includes all the global settings that we are meant to reset with this firmware. If I export layouts from FM3 Edit instead and re-import those, it doesn't bring back my layouts or foot switch configuration. I'm at a loss as to how I reset system parameters without losing my foot switch and layouts? Thanks.

Last edited:
A possible Output2 bug - definitely not a show stopper...

Summary

Output2 preset leveling meter in FM3 Edit is not consistent with the Output2 clipping LED on the FM3.

Description

I always use an Output2 block in my presets to give flexibility for stage monitoring. Output2 is set to line +4db. Output1 set to +4db.

While rebuilding my main presets for Cygnus I noticed that the preset leveling meters are not consistent with the clipping leds on the FM3.

The Output2 preset leveling meter (FM3 edit) showed around 50% volume where Output1 showed just under clipping. Increasing the Output2 level in the preset leveling window to around 70% of Output1 caused the clipping light on the FM3 to come on.

Output2 also shows a lower level on the FM3 meters than Output1 even though Output2 is clipping.

Actual Output2 volume seemed to be consistent with the FM3 clipping LED so plenty of volume at Output2.

System parameters were reset according to the release notes.

I think this is a meter display issue only. Output2 volume is fine.

The meters are also weird on the unit itself, clipping is weird since beta 1 …

It doesn't work at all? Do you have it configured as two switches (HOME -> SETUP -> I/O -> Pedal page -> Pedal 2 Setup)?

If it looks configured correctly, please upload your "System + FC" and an example preset from Fractal-Bot.
Thanks, I'll look at that , it was working before beta5.

Can someone explain how to backup my foot controller layouts (for FM3 and 4 button FS) please? I have a backup via Fractalbot but that also includes all the global settings that we are meant to reset with this firmware. If I export layouts from FM3 Edit instead and re-import those, it doesn't bring back my layouts or foot switch configuration. I'm at a loss as to how I reset system parameters without losing my foot switch and layouts? Thanks.
IN Edit click on FC Controllers, select Edit in Layouts and export,
1623795738819.png

Well, 17 pages and still I have yet to see a bug where it would scare me to gig this Beta? I have three gigs this weekend and I'm all in! Practiced off and on yesterday for about six hours with no problems. I am using Copy Output 1 to Output 2, Line Level with +4 db and I have tons of volume for my RCF monitor. Thanks to the guys at FAS for this upgrade! Rehearsal on Wednesday will be a blast!
As long as it works on your rehearsals, you should be good to go!

OK. So I figured out my layout restore. It wasn't clear to me that a layer backup didn't also backup the startup layer, nor the stand-in switch settings and general foot switch settings. So restoring layers brought back the layers but not the expected functionality. I reset my FW and Stand-In settings and startup layout and am back in business.

The suspense is killing me.
Anyone feel like giving their opinion on how the Carol Ann amps are sounding. I have not upgraded yet.
I work in Pelham and Salem NewHampshire where Carol Ann amps were made and a friend of a friend has one.
He politely refused to play my FM3 rig one night saying it’s not for him and now I just secretly heard he bought one of those thingys- the $1000 dollar one.
Bastards gonna get Cygnus as his first update.

Anyone else noticing pops and crackles over SPDIF after upgrading to beta 5? I've been using SPDIF to my audio interface for years and seldom have any issues. I noticed it multiple times since upgrading. Today I noted that it was a high DSP preset (mid 80's max), but I think it has happened a few times on lower DSP presets. I will try to pay closer attention to the presets used in the future when it happens again.

Anyone else noticing pops and crackles over SPDIF after upgrading to beta 5? I've been using SPDIF to my audio interface for years and seldom have any issues. I noticed it multiple times since upgrading. Today I noted that it was a high DSP preset (mid 80's max), but I think it has happened a few times on lower DSP presets. I will try to pay closer attention to the presets used in the future when it happens again.
FM3 Beta 5 connected to my UAD Apollo Twin with coax to light SPDIF converter and works like a charm! Maybe sync is not switched to extern or wrong SR (FM3 needs 48KHz)?

This usually means clock master/slave is not set up right.

This usually means clock master/slave is not set up right.
Ok thanks. I did a system reset as suggested for this beta that might of screwed something up. But I just scanned through the FM3 setup options and didn't see anything obvious I should change? I've changed nothing on my audio interface, but will double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom