FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question please for anyone using OUYPUT 2 Copy OUTPUT 1 and with. No OUT 2 block in preset
on the FM3, if you go to ZOOM mode....is your VU for OUT2 working ? And is the VU for OUT2 working in FM3 edit, PRESET levelling ?
thx
No Output 2 VU doesnt work with copy output 1.
If I use an output 2 block, the VU works but looks very low even with line level and +4dB set. It still looks very low compared to output 120210611_230820.jpg

Okay, call me crazy, but there’s probably a lot of us “older” classic rock cover band guys out here that haven’t updated anything (FM3-Edit or the FM3) in about a year (or more🥴) so please include extremely detailed instructions in the public release.
I have been getting my band back together and rebuilding our setlist to start gigging in July so I’ve been learning songs like crazy instead of downloading every update🤦‍♂️ My humble suggestion would be to give us an easy step-by-step “update FM3-Edit, and then the Cygnus update, and then the new Preset libraries update, and then the system parameters mods” kinda instructions. I can’t wait to hear Cygnus plus UltraRes IRs, but I don’t wanna F it all up because I update in the wrong order or because I haven’t taken an update in over a year. Our gigs are starting in July so the timing here is perfect - I just wanna nail it all without any software problems (that I mistakenly cause). Kudos to Fractal (and this amazing community) for making this (Cygnus) all happen so fast. I can’t believe it’s gonna get better than what I’m already experiencing.

I only got a Brillo pad with a piece of gum stuck on it.
Will Cygnus BETA 5 dramatically help that or should I tough it out until the official release.

No, that was only mentioned because people were messing around with settings while Out 2 wasn't working correctly.
Ok cool. I was wondering about this because i I never touched any stock settings. I was just about to reset when I read your post. Hopefully I’ve understood correctly.

I am getting at least a 50% decrease in audible volume after updating. I am coming from version 3 and have not attempted any beta of v4. I use OUT1 on the grid and in I/O Output 2 Copy from OUTPUT 1. The VU meters show tickling 0db just as before. Input meters are unchanged on the unit from before. The output mode is +4dBu, but changing it has no apparent volume effect. What the heck was changed? I usually run the level 2 knob on the unit around noon and now if I max out the level 2 knob I still have a bit less volume than before. Either there is a bug in the Output 2 Copy (I have read some problems about vu meters but mine are fine), or the update has changed a setting that I can't find or I am not aware of on the unit. I have not reset system parameters yet. Any ideas?

I am getting at least a 50% decrease in audible volume after updating. I am coming from version 3 and have not attempted any beta of v4. I use OUT1 on the grid and in I/O Output 2 Copy from OUTPUT 1. The VU meters show tickling 0db just as before. Input meters are unchanged on the unit from before. The output mode is +4dBu, but changing it has no apparent volume effect. What the heck was changed? I usually run the level 2 knob on the unit around noon and now if I max out the level 2 knob I still have a bit less volume than before. Either there is a bug in the Output 2 Copy (I have read some problems about vu meters but mine are fine), or the update has changed a setting that I can't find or I am not aware of on the unit. I have not reset system parameters yet. Any ideas?
Well, reset the system parameters. I know fractal said this is needed since many users were messing around with output 2 settings because of the volume bug, but maybe it will fix it.

Added: Output 2 Configuration “Output Type” parameter to configure Line Level or Unity Gain output.

After re-reading the comments, I changed to Output Type to LINE LEVEL, which automatically changed Output Level to -10dBV, after which I changed to + 4 dBu, and the volume level is back to what it was. Happy that it's the way it was before, but is that the correct way to set this up?

After re-reading the comments, I changed to Output Type to LINE LEVEL, which automatically changed Output Level to -10dBV, after which I changed to + 4 dBu, and the volume level is back to what it was. Happy that it's the way it was before, but is that the correct way to set this up?
"Correct" is a relative term...

For your situation you want Line Level, but whether you use -10 or +4 depends on how you've set things and what your external gear needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom