FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding that, both in FM3-Edit and/or with the FM3 front panel, doing a soft reset on the AMP block is resetting the Bass, Mid, and Treble to defaults when setting the "Authentic" setting in Settings->Global->Tone Control Display.

When setting "Ideal" in Settings->Global->Tone Control Display the BMT don't default/reset after doing a soft reset.

I notice Presence and Depth both reset to defaults with either Global setting; I'm thinking that those two controls didn't get set to defaults when doing a soft reset on previous firmwares...was that always the case? The info link on the soft reset doesn't specifically mention those two controls.
That is normal operation. When using Authentic tone controls all controls are reset to defaults when doing a reset.

I'm curious. What's the logic behind this? Personally, I would rather see it leave the tone controls alone whether in authentic or not.
It needs to reset all controls because not all are displayed. I.e. a Deluxe Reverb has no Mid control. For the authentic controls to work properly the Mid control needs to be set to its default position at noon.

Seven pages tell me it’s time to move! Special thanks to the Fractal Team!

I have three gigs next weekend. I’m moving from Beta 1 to 5. Copy Output 1 to Output 2 is most appreciated. I have reset all my amps, so I won’t need to mess with those. I’m wondering about the System Parameters reset. Will I need to do a System Reset? What are the most common settings that I will need to go back and set after the reset? Hope that makes sense? Thanks to all!

Seven pages tell me it’s time to move! Special thanks to the Fractal Team!

I have three gigs next weekend. I’m moving from Beta 1 to 5. Copy Output 1 to Output 2 is most appreciated. I have reset all my amps, so I won’t need to mess with those. I’m wondering about the System Parameters reset. Will I need to do a System Reset? What are the most common settings that I will need to go back and set after the reset? Hope that makes sense? Thanks to all!
Hi Akstrat !

See here:- https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-4-00-beta-5.173859/page-5#post-2106984 response from Fractal.

In short:-

• if you reset your amps in FM4 - prior to Beta 5 - no need to reset them again
  • also System Reset is not needed as per the explanation in this link - if you do you will need to manually reset all your Audio / Outputs / Midi Channel assignements and settings etc......

So if you've got B5 up and running from a prior 4.x as you like it - no reset needed - enjoy your gigs :)

Ben

Is there a sound difference between
4.00 beta 1 and 5 . I have kind of lost track , I am on beta 1 Cygnus
going to update this weekend but was curious as beta have been flying out pretty quick

Is there a sound difference between
4.00 beta 1 and 5 . I have kind of lost track , I am on beta 1 Cygnus
going to update this weekend but was curious as beta have been flying out pretty quick
Yeah our first betas weren’t fully Cygnusd as far as amp block bias excursion stuf that 16.2 had. Now we are

Upgraded to beta5 from beta3 few hours ago. Did a reset of system parameters.

Almost 5h uptime with about 132-136ºF/56.5-58ºC detected temperature, and the fan is running like crazy. On for a minute, then off again for half an hour or more, then kicks in again. Never got past 60ºC so far.

Rebooted the FM3 and now the fan is always on at 132ºF / 56.5ºC. Isn't the threshold at 60ºC, or I misread elsewhere on this forum?

This didn't happen with beta3 :coldsweat:

Upgraded to beta5 from beta3 few hours ago. Did a reset of system parameters.

Almost 5h uptime with about 132-136ºF/56.5-58ºC detected temperature, and the fan is running like crazy. On for a minute, then off again for half an hour or more, then kicks in again. Never got past 60ºC so far.

Rebooted the FM3 and now the fan is always on at 132ºF / 56.5ºC. Isn't the threshold at 60ºC, or I misread elsewhere on this forum?

This didn't happen with beta3 :coldsweat:
On for a minute and off for a half-hour is "running like crazy"?

I’ve two questions:

1) How do I reset systems parameters?

2) Will it effect the Pitch Follower Modifier stuff I’ve got going on in my presets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom