FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great! I’ve been at work watching the previous thread and debating internally on installing b4. I guess this answers it!!!!

We're four pages in to an indication that this version is on track for a public release.
I guess that it is ready. No problems, everything works fine. I have the impression, that something is slightly more refined in the amp modeling when comparing to the beta2. Seems a bit more fine tuned I guess. But it may be, that my ears are tired from that loud playing :D

Yeah I'm sure its just checking that its working. PC do this and so do Playstations. If its not working the system wont bootup. The fan is critical in most modern PCs to keep the CPU from overheating. Overheating can cause errors or even have the CPU desolder itself from the mother board. That happened to the Playstation 3 when the fan and radiator got too clogged with dust to work efficiently.
The other thing is, if the temp sensor fails, or if any other firmware issue prevents reading the sensor properly to confirm it really IS cool enough, then the design should be that the fan goes 100% and stays there until the sensor works again.

This is how datacenter infrastructure is, (my daytime gig). Some server fans get crazy loud at 100% but it beats having millions of dollars melt down if things go wrong.

Can you explain the following addition?

Added: Output 2 Configuration “Output Type” parameter to configure Line Level or Unity Gain output.

Does this mean that if set to the Unity Gain output, it bypasses the output 2 volume knob, and automatically sets it at 100%?

Can you explain the following addition?

Added: Output 2 Configuration “Output Type” parameter to configure Line Level or Unity Gain output.

Does this mean that if set to the Unity Gain output, it bypasses the output 2 volume knob, and automatically sets it at 100%?
If you want Output 2 to run at unity gain, set Output Type to Unity Gain, and dime the knob.

Cygnus is a major update. It is recommended that you "soft reset" each channel of the amp block in each of your presets by changing its Type to a different setting and then back (ex: Switch from Brit JM45 to Brit Brown and then back to Brit JM45) . This resets most parameters but doesn't change the basic gain and tone settings. As an alternative, you can "hard reset" an amp channel by using the Reset function (Push Knob A in the Amp Edit menu on the unit itself, or Reset Current Channel in FM3-Edit).

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but just in case: I reset all the amp blocks on the the first Cygnus Beta. Do I need to do another reset as I update to a newer beta?

I’m reisting the temptation to remove an “L” from your post. It’s hard…to resist. 😐
I've been trying to reduce the sexual innuendo in my posts, but it's hard. So hard.

On topic, I never had the fan issues. I like the fan running at boot because it makes it obvious it's able to function correctly if needed. I've never had it noticeably kick on while using my FM3, but I do live in the frozen wastes of Canada. Love the new configuration options for out 2. They make a lot of sense.

FM3-Edit OUT2 Block meter is stucked on -40db. Everything else is perfect!

Edit: on the hardware the meter is OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom