FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta comment on the fan remaining on during all the loading screen process. Previous FWs had the fan running just for a couple seconds, like the Axe-FX's booting process. If it's now an expected behavior, I'm OK with it...

FM3 firmware version 4.00 beta 5 is available for download here:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/4p0/fm3_dsp_rel_4p00_beta_5.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for this firmware. I will post the link here when it is available.

Notes:
  1. The frequent on/off cycling of the fan experienced by some in 4.00b3 has been corrected in this build.
  2. The chirping fan that some have experienced in builds up to 4.00b4 should be fixed in this build. Special thanks to a few customers for helping to test this.
  3. This is a BETA RELEASE which means it may contain bugs. It is recommended that you perform a complete backup of your FM3 using FM3-Edit or Fractal-Bot prior to installing this release.
  4. Please perform RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS after installing this version (especially if coming from a version prior to 4.00 beta 4). You may export then re-import your complete set of footswitch layouts using FM3-Edit.
  5. Cygnus is a major update. It is recommended that you "soft reset" each channel of the amp block in each of your presets by changing its Type to a different setting and then back (ex: Switch from Brit JM45 to Brit Brown and then back to Brit JM45) . This resets most parameters but doesn't change the basic gain and tone settings. As an alternative, you can "hard reset" an amp channel by using the Reset function (Push Knob A in the Amp Edit menu on the unit itself, or Reset Current Channel in FM3-Edit).
Release Notes:
  • Added: “Cygnus” amp modeling from Axe-Fx III firmware 16.x
  • Added: UltraRes IR support and corresponding “IR Length” parameter in the Cab block.
  • Added new Drive block modeling and types. This block is now in sync with Axe-Fx III.
  • Added: “Bank Access” parameter to the Bank Inc/Dec footswitch functions. When set to ALL, the settings for Bank Lower Limit and Bank Upper Limit are IGNORED. ALL is the new default, so if you wish to enable these limits for bank switches, you must set “Bank Access” to “LIMITED”.
  • Added: Adjustable USB buffer sizes.
  • Added: Latest changes to the Reverb block from Axe-Fx III.
  • Added: FM3 + FC-12 (“OMG15”) layouts are now built-in and loadable from the Reset page in FC Controllers/Onboard Switches.
  • Added: Output 2 Configuration “Output Type” parameter to configure Line Level or Unity Gain output.
  • Fixed: Power on holding the HOME key will now prevent the startup preset from loading.
  • Fixed: Power on holding the EDIT key will now prevent system parameters from loading.
  • Fixed: Output 2 issues regarding unity gain, Copy Output 1, and Output 2 block low volume.
  • Fixed: Output 2 EQ only working when Output 2 block is in the grid.
  • Fixed: Footswitches are now resistant to an issue that was causing freezing.
  • Fixed: Default FC Layouts are now loaded correctly when you use “Reset System Parameters”.
  • Fixed: The PRESETS menu page now correctly displays the active preset.
  • Fixed: Pedal calibration will now work correctly for pedals set as “Tuner on Heel Down.”
  • Fixed: Inserting Pitch block into a high CPU grid will not hang up the GUI.
  • Fixed: Footswitch preset functions will now honor the global “Default Scene” setting.
  • Fixed: Vintage Tape Chorus Delay Time parameter can now exceed 19.85.
  • Fixed: Drive Low Cut parameter is now functional.
  • Fixed: Aligned Pitch block “Type” names with Axe-Fx III.
  • Fixed: Mini-LCDs issues experienced by some customers are much reduced or eliminated.
  • Fixed: Speaker LF response if LF Resonance and Q are set to low values.
  • Fixed: IRs in Cabinet picker page now displayed in correct color.
  • Fixed: External FCs with stand-in switches configured but disconnected will no longer trigger during start-up.
  • Updated: Power amp excursion and recovery times.
  • Updated: Aligned Low and High Cut Slope Preamp parameters of the Cabinet block to Axe-Fx III format.
  • USB has been reworked to reduce issues experienced by some customers.
Just installed FM3 firmware version 4.00 beta 5. Fan is no longer running at idle. No other bugs appear to be present at this time. Thank you @BryantP, @rglr, and team!

Gotta comment on the fan remaining on during all the loading screen process. Previous FWs had the fan running just for a couple seconds, like the Axe-FX's booting process. If it's now an expected behavior, I'm OK with it...
Yup, no fan except for the entire POST period....bar moving across , yippppeeee
Entire POST period is new.....
Expected now, yes. The fan will be on full until the unit is fully up.

The chirping when Tap Tempo is on an active layout is gone with Beta 5.
I never had "unusual" fan ramping behavior (well, with the FM3 fans - real life band "fans" is an entirely different story...)

Nice work.. I'm sure it was a little frustrating to keep seeing the fan issues after each beta but the payoff is here! I hope the fractal FM3 team knows they are greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

Expected now, yes. The fan will be on full until the unit is fully up.
Ok good to know; I was pretty sure I've never heard the fan before on boot up...certainly not like it is now and I noticed that right after booting into beta 5 and was wondering about it...thanks again.

The way it should be. Same as Axe-Fx III. When boot is complete the fan either continues running or stops depending upon temperature.

Excellent response times! I'm so excited to get off work and play with the most badass floor modeler on the market.

And now when I flub a note, the silence won't shame me with those deprecating crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom