FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

Hm with "manage presets" reset amp block the pre 5 band eq of mesa boogie mark series amps will be resetted too. I wished FM3 Edit could leave this settings for those amps untouched.

I think you are on to something. I reset system parameters, mini display contrast defaults to 45 and works great. As soon as I change that value to something else it goes wonky. If I reboot at 45% it comes back to normal. If I reboot at any other value it doesn't. Scrolling (especially slowly) the contrast from min to max really messes with that left display and will cause it to blank out. @rglr @BryantP @Admin M@

@AJ Vargas as a test, set your contrast to 45%, reboot and I'll bet that left display is on.

Yes, Brian, that's just a way to reproduce the issue and it works every single time. Now, I'm confident Bryant and the guys will have this thing figured out for the next Beta. :)

hello there,
I'm facing a strange "issue" in beta 2
when I change preset, scenes or FC layout, I can hear a strange crackle inside FM3 (sound similar to the HDD in Laptop). I know that there is no HDD but flash memory. I rollback to 3.03 beta 1 and no noise at all.
The noise lasts just for 0,5 sec and only when preset is changing. I think is something related to LED below FC.
Did you faced a similar thing?
Thanks a lot.
Is the TAP TEMPO , when you have it activated on a footswitch

I'm having a problem with 4.00 beta 1 acting sluggish when changing scenes. Has this been reported?

It doesn't do it all the time (of course). Mostly I would see it when on the Swells scene trying to change back to the Clean scene. Sometimes it takes a dozen presses of the footswitch to make it change.
I notice the problem is related to processor load. Changing the reverb quality to one less makes it better.

Is this a normal byproduct of high processor load, or something new to this firmware? I don't recall seeing it before.

Hi All,
1. I'm also having fan issues, with CPU heavy presets the fan starts turning up every 15 seconds, especially when I'm playing with one hand and with the other I'm changing EQ settings simultaneously.
2. I have also encountered an issue that my Delay and Reverb blocks' volume always seem to be triggered, even when the block is deactivated and the chain's volume should be lower without the Delay and Reverb blocks - I circumvented it by running them in parallel, just thought I'd highlight this.
I'm on beta 2.
Many thanks Fractal Team.

Last edited:
Reverb uses a lot of CPU.

See https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reverb_block#Reverb_and_CPU_usage and https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reverb_block#Quality

I run my FM3 reverb at economy because in a band setting nobody could tell. Even with headphones on I can barely tell the difference between economy and normal.
Sure, I know reverb uses a lot of CPU. And your point about the quality setting and playing live is valid. In the past, though, the FM3 would just stop processing audio if I overloaded the CPU. I never had any switching issues. Maybe I was just lucky.

Edit: I said in the past the FM3 stopped processing audio when overloaded, but I don't think that is right. I think it bypassed a block as the wiki says.

Another edit: In a live situation having buttons become pretty much unresponsive is not workable. I mean, if you're stuck on a Swell scene, for example, you just have to stop playing when you need another scene and it won't change. I had this happen at rehearsal last night. I'd much rather have a block auto-bypass.

Last edited:
These mini-LCD issues should finally be resolved in the next release as I was finally able to reproduce some of the problems seen by you all. Still undergoing testing but initial feedback looks quite promising.
Good to hear - had the middle mini display go blank for the first time today. reboot fixed it.

These mini-LCD issues should finally be resolved in the next release as I was finally able to reproduce some of the problems seen by you all. Still undergoing testing but initial feedback looks quite promising.
I finally started having them. Had the middle one vanish when using the looper on a pretty regular sized screen reset. Had the left one dissapear one time randomly i can’t remember when haha

Just played for 3 hours straight. Didn’t hear any fan noise at all and the issue I had with a disappearing screen with the first beta is gone. Cygnus made me realize I’ll probably never play anything besides an Atomica for Dirty again. What an amp! Hooks are really amazing sounding amps too. Can’t wait to hear the final release with all the new presets, but honestly with these 2 for my clean and dirty, this is the best investment I’ve ever made in my guitar playing years.

When I introduced Lopper block into a preset the first mini-LCD became scrambled. I was using the EFECTS layout at that time.

@BryantP thanks ..

For the click noise when the tap tempo is engaged in one of the foot switch ? Did you have some news for this issue ?
Thanks.
A.

I believe this is the first time it's been brought to my attention. Is there a separate thread for this?
I don't know if it's related, but I also noticed an audible click any time I did something that caused one of the foot switch LED rings to come on (changing scenes, presets etc). I don't know if that's new with this beta though and it's not very loud. I only noticed it because I was sitting on the floor right next to my FM3 doing some editing, I'm not sure I would have heard it if I had been standing.

Back
Top Bottom