FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Don’t know if this is a bug or not since it’s the 1st time I’ve tried it. I have a preset setup with 4 scenes each using a separate channel of the amp block. I used the output eq in the amp block, the same 8 band on all 4 channels. I saved after editing each channel. Afterwards I went back and all but 1 were set flat. This is on beta 1. Not installing 2 because of the fan issues.

Don’t know if this is a bug or not since it’s the 1st time I’ve tried it. I have a preset setup with 4 scenes each using a separate channel of the amp block. I used the output eq in the amp block, the same 8 band on all 4 channels. I saved after editing each channel. Afterwards I went back and all but 1 were set flat. This is on beta 1. Not installing 2 because of the fan issues.
Fan issues is not affecting to everybody, you can try it and go back if you experience problems.

Never mind. I’m a lamer. Was looking at the wrong preset.
No problem. Regarding fan issues, some people had also fan problems with beta 1. So probably if your fan is a fine fan with beta 1, it could be a fine fun fan in beta 2

Last edited:
I would think most would agree, especially here. Auditioning IR's proves the point. The changes are massive in some cases, to where you would never guess they were the same amp unless you knew. I have built my own amps for years. Nothing special, just adding my own seasoning to classic designs. I have always had the opinion that the speakers and cabinet are a very sizeable piece of the picture. It's just a fact. 95% is a stretch. But I would say 40% of an amps character is the speaker cabinet. In a tube amp, the power section reacts to the speakers, and the speakers react to the amp. The are as important as the amp itself. I think it's great. Before going with Fractal, I had at the most maybe 4 cab choices. And look what I have now. It's ridiculous. Haha!
That’s cool.
Seems like you were hands-on with your rigs a bit more than some.
Safe to say your a bit more familiar with all the components than a Buy New/ Plug and Play guy.
Anyway- I always kinda like hearing when someone who was passionate about his amps/cabs-
ends up pretty much totally satisfied with what the Fractal does.
The other guitarist I play with occasionally on old man jam night goes out of his way to make sure I bring my amp now.
I showed up once with the FM3 rig and they took one look at my studio monitor spread and digital stomp box and there was visible disgust. They tried ignoring me completely as well as everything I tried to say and play the entire time.

Have a good one.

That’s cool.
Seems like you were hands-on with your rigs a bit more than some.
Safe to say your a bit more familiar with all the components than a Buy New/ Plug and Play guy.
Anyway- I always kinda like hearing when someone who was passionate about his amps/cabs-
ends up pretty much totally satisfied with what the Fractal does.
The other guitarist I play with occasionally on old man jam night goes out of his way to make sure I bring my amp now.
I showed up once with the FM3 rig and they took one look at my studio monitor spread and digital stomp box and there was visible disgust. They tried ignoring me completely as well as everything I tried to say and play the entire time.

Have a good one.

I just put together an old guys band. We’re practicing Friday and for the 1st time I’m bringing only the FM3. The other times I had both rigs but that’s too much stuff to move around. I wouldn’t say I’m totally satisfied yet but getting close. I love having so many options. And I will say that Cygnus seems to be a very accurate modeler. It has all the fizz and crackling and nasty artifacts that real overdriven tubes put out. Take that all away and it sounds artificial to me.

My guys don’t care what I use they’re cool that way. Get your tones dialed in good at volume and they’ll get over it.

Cheers!

Hey, I'm new here so I don't know if I should restart this thread or start another one, but I found that the original URL for the Cygnus update no longer works.
Can anyone redirect me to one that does or did this update get canceled?

Back
Top Bottom