FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Im going back to ares for now. Going to Cygnus messed with all my go to presets and made me realize that my skills/ability to edit and dial in tones is just not there yet. I will just have to wait until others post great presets (or I buy them). For the record, I do like the tones I am hearing, but need to invest time on how to get the best tone out of these and manipulate them in time for my next gig. Luckily I backed them up (I only use like 6 presets total).
Same. I like how my Ares presets sound. I might try again in a few months.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I'm done here, they all sound muffled and I did reset amp blocks too with no Improvement sad day for this customer
Strange.
It's exactly the opposite with my presets.
I now have removed EQ, Filter or Multiband Compressor from most of my own presets because I was able to dial in the tone only using amp block and sometimes input boost.
I changed to some other IRs because with the improved amp modeling I now use some which I not liked much before or with Ares.

May you should check your IRs you use and if the speaker curve in amp block is setup for them in a good way.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity , do most of you stick with the beta and run with it until the actual release of 4? Or do you just test it out go back to the 3.02 and wait for the official release?
I’ve used several fractal products over the years and this is the first time I’ve hopped in on a beta release. So far I’m pretty darn happy!
I've been running the betas until the official release. I'm not gigging now so I'm not concerned about bugs. If I was actively gigging I'd probably wait or switch back to the last official release for gigs.

Strange.
It's exactly the opposite with my presets.
I now have removed EQ, Filter or Multiband Compressor from most of my own presets because I was able to dial in the tone only using amp block and sometimes input boost.
I changed to some other IRs because with the improved amp modeling I now use some that are not liked much before or with Ares.

May you should check your IRs you use and if the speaker curve in amp block is setup for them in a good way.
My guess is that people having issues are using 3rd party or heavily tweaked under the hood presets
my advice as hard as it is would be to go to a blank preset and start fresh Amp cab Authentic controls
pick an amp and dial it in , it will be some work yes but i think you will be happier
OR wait a week or 2 till the new FM3 preset banks come out and hopefully that will fix the issue

low end issues are usually result of the low cut in preamp off
the impedance curve match is too bassy
master is too high, NFB is too low

Just got around to trying Cygnus CA3+ Lead with the stock Brit 70s GB cab. It is absolutely huge. Is this Cygnus or have I been missing out on the CA3+ this whole time?
The CA3+ is one of my favorites. For sure. Love the Lead, and the Clean is one of my go-to's. I tend to rely on the AustinBuddy LiveGold pack for all my tones, but I did give this new 4 beta a try, and reset the amp block in the CA3+. Whoa baby. I've loved the CA3+ models since the AX8, and they've only gotten better, I think.

Last edited:
Cygnus sounds significantly more improved which I didn’t even think is possible. I’d say the reverse. In some instances it’s like the blanket was taken off the model and it’s now allowed to just sound raw and real. But you do you
Yeah I hear ya, but I think its bcuz I have the Live Gold Presets in their old state, I did get some good tones last night but like I said it was after reseting blocks and a lot of tweaking, also using a 7 string and that constitutes more Low cut or boosting front, I hope I can get to the same happy place I was at before this update and Im sure I will I just need to work at it hence buying presets lol

The CA3+ is one of my favorites. For sure. Love the Lead, and the Clean is one of my go-to's. I tend to rely on the AustinBuddy LiveGold pack for all my tones, but I did give this new 4 beta a try, and reset the amp block in the CA3+. Whoa baby. I've loved the CA3+ models since the AX8, and they've only gotten better, I think.
I played this one this weekend as i was trying to dial in a tone similar to
a Mezzabarba clip i had heard
this one is very close as a starting point the Mezza is an SLO
pre into EL34 w boost Brite and NFB controls this will get you 95% percent there

I played this one this weekend as i was trying to dial in a tone similar to
a Mezzabarba clip i had heard
this one is very close as a starting point the Mezza is an SLO
pre into EL34 w boost Brite and NFB controls this will get you 95% percent there
1. Was it a Marco Sfogli clip? I LOVE his playing!
2. Pardon my ignorance, what's NFB?

I wouldn’t assume older presets will sound great with Cygnus. I’m eagerly awaiting the new factory presets.

@Jumpback Maybe hop on over to the AxeFX III section and import some Cygnus presets from there? It’s really new to the FM3 but those yahoos have had it long enough to have developed some good stuff.

So is there anything more that's needed to hear the Cygnus version of the factory presets besides going into FM3-Edit->Tools->Manage Presets->Shift+select all the factory presets, right-click and choose Reset Amp Blocks?

Back
Top Bottom