FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

I just want to gush like everyone else about the update and new tones I'm getting. It's literally insane the amount of support Fractal users get at $0 additional cost. New amps, new effects all with software. We truly are living in the future :)

Newbie here, so pardon the dumb question. If I reset the amp block in the preset as discussed above, does that mean it's basically zero'd to stock and I will need to adjust all parameters for the amp block in the preset to get it back to where it was? Or am I misunderstanding and that you are re-dialing in the amp to new settings to take advantage of what Cygnus now offers on the amp block (so the old amp settings may or may not apply to the Cygnus model)?

Newbie here, so pardon the dumb question. If I reset the amp block in the preset as discussed above, does that mean it's basically zero'd to stock and I will need to adjust all parameters for the amp block in the preset to get it back to where it was? Or am I misunderstanding and that you are re-dialing in the amp to new settings to take advantage of what Cygnus now offers on the amp block (so the old amp settings may or may not apply to the Cygnus model)?
Just try it ))) anyway its need a little bit tuning. My amp settings is no changes after switch amp model. but sound is better

Also a newbie and I have the same question. Will I need to dial in my presets again after resetting the amp block? What would happen if i back up my presets, reset all the amp blocks, then copy over my backed up presets? Does that defeat the process of resetting the amp block?

Gigged one preset on Sunday. Sounded great in the mix! I noted two "issues" -- one was that the FM3 did not recognize the FC6 when I plugged it in and the FM3 was on. Power cycle resolved. Second thing is that I noticed that the preset "edited" light seemed to come up a lot...even when I hadn't edited the preset. I'm not sure if that's a bug, I just don't remember that ever happening on any previous version.

Not in the release notes, but it looks like we got a new Deluxe Tweed Jumped model, and proper modeling of the volume control interaction in the non-jumped model. I don't think that was there previously, unless I missed it (quite possible). Maybe it was added in the previous beta? Regardless, this is a nice addition for fans of the 5E3!

Am I nuts or do I notice many more new amp models in the Cygnus update?

A few days ago I finally got over the hump with the FM3. Had a Dirty Shirley preset with varying levels of gain. Brought my setup to a band mates house where it’s no problem to get on it at good volume levels. That day I had the best guitar tones I have ever had in my hands and that’s saying a lot. Since I’m an old F’r I’ve been around awhile and have managed to use many good tube amps. But now I’m on board with the Fractal modelers and I think these things are the best guitar gadgets ever made.
So I was all excited about the Cygnus. Now to be fair I haven’t had much time on it and not at decent volume levels but I still can’t get my Shirley preset back to where I like it. I’ll get it back I know but still a little buzzkill. On the upside, I watched Leon Todd’s video on the Band Commander and that thing sounds awesome. I tried it pre Cygnus and wasn’t impressed with it. To be fair with that, I didn’t know what I was doing yet when I 1st tried it. This thing has a learning curve but there’s a ton of support on this forum, an innovative company that pays attention, YouTube, and the guys like Yek who apparently dedicate a LOT of time to this tonal phenomenon called Fractal modeling. I’m happy to be aboard. Will be happier when I get my Shirley back.

I feel the same way about some of the Marshall Plexi and Superlead tones I was getting.
They are just not there now.

Hopefully we both get it figured out. :)

Back
Top Bottom