FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Welp just loaded it.

Its really really kool, I got the volume drop on Out2, but the guys are already on it, so no biggie.

Great stuff.

Welp just loaded it.

Its really really kool, I got the volume drop on Out2, but the guys are already on it, so no biggie.

Great stuff.
Same here no problems at all on load, Up and running on CYG. Have not tried OUT2 yet.....sleeps here :)
Are you saying it is down in VOL compared against what prior version F/W ?

@austinbuddy im a big fan of your LiveGold presets, could you let us know what (if anything) you did to them after installing Cygnus? Refresh after firmware? Reset amp block? Etc thanks very much.
Lots of stuff I had to do, because the amps should be reset after a major firmware update to be safe/sure everything is kosher, and Cliff did change or update some amp models (like Freidmans) so mani amp page settings may change too. Too much to detail here, but my update notes on Bank 1 (now available for Cygnus in your download account for FM3) details a lot of it -- 3 pages.

One thing in the Marshall styles I noticed ta least, to get back to where I was tone-wise in firmware 15, generally had to add 0.50 value to the prior Master Volume, or if there is no Master volume amp (on 10), would have to add 0.50 to the drive/gain, and then I would have to adjust the LEVEL again, the old level was not right after Cygnus update for most (but not all) amps. cant' generalize, some amps Level was a little less, others no change, most I found I added 1 db or up to 2.5 db compared to last firmware amp block Level values. I can't say this applies to non-Marshall amps yet - just for my Bank 1 presets.

Installing the firmware update does not update all amp block parameters in existing presets, including Negative Feedback and other p.a. controls.

So if you want to make sure that you hear the amp model as intended, reset the Amp block.
So, you would need to do that for EVERY preset in the FM3? Is this just because this is a beta firmware release? I never knew that you needed to do this. I just assumed that firmware updates did everything necessary to the presets to take advantage of the new development/features. Thanks in advance.

Blown away by the feel and sound of Cygnus. I can hear the individual voicing of each amp now. The touch sensitivity seems better too, though I’m not sure if this is placebo or not.

Incredible work, FAS!

Blown away by the feel and sound of Cygnus. I can hear the individual voicing of each amp now. The touch sensitivity seems better too, though I’m not sure if this is placebo or not.

Incredible work, FAS!
Not placebo, no way… its all about the dynamics now!

Reseting the AMP channel has had a significant effect for sure, for my presets anyway YMMV.
The tweak to get back can be a few....but once its there :)
Yeah baby !!! cheers FAS !

So, you would need to do that for EVERY preset in the FM3? Is this just because this is a beta firmware release? I never knew that you needed to do this. I just assumed that firmware updates did everything necessary to the presets to take advantage of the new development/features. Thanks in advance.

Firmware updates generally won’t change your stored presets values. There have been some cases where a specific parameter gets defaulted across all presets but that’s rare. In this case, Cygnus is a major overhaul of the modeling, so many parameters in your amp block (that you’ve likely never tweaked) are at a setting that isn’t the new “default” or correct setting for that amp. Resetting the amp block will fix it right up and put everything to the intended values.

If you want to do it automatically across all presets, use the 3rd party FracTool.

Back
Top Bottom