FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Curious - are you folks not getting the level knobs out are useless bug, or do you just leave it wide open all the time and not care?
Output 1 knob works fine for me. Output 2 knob is not working at all. There is sound coming out of Output 2 but I cannot adjust it with the knob. I think this has been reported numerous times already.

Installed the beta and all is good except no output to the headphones when hooked up usb from the computer. Headphones work fine when plugged in direct to unit without using usb.

Edit: Now the middle window in scenes has gone blank. Left and Right windows are fine.
What computer OS specifically? Is it a Mac with Big Sur?

Yes..
Don"t "waste" too much time...
Use it for porting Cygnus an implementation of UltraRes in that update 😉😊

Yes, it is now known and top on the list.

This is not a bug. This is intentional. Apologies for this new behavior being left out of the release notes.
EDIT: This feature was added in 3.02, hence it was not in the 3.03 release notes.

The continued flashing when Preset Load is not set to None you mentioned in subsequent posts is a bug and will be addressed for the next release. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

If you have not already done so, please post to the FM3-Edit thread for help with this.
Got home from work and FM3 edit loaded up and no issues to report, everything seems to be running smoothly, only thing i haven't tried is output 2 but normally don't use it, it's just hooked up to my Logic Pro rig

Do you mind providing your "System + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot, please? From 3.03 beta 3 or from 3.02 is fine, please indicate which version of the FM3 the backup was performed from.

Also, if you do go back to 3.03 beta 1, please perform a "Reset System Parameters" and see if the problem still persists. To do this, go HOME -> SETUP -> Utilities -> Rest page.

Using 3.03 beta 1 with Reset System Parameters still getting the volume.

FM3 is newer headphone version.

Attachments

• FM3-210413-110757-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
I have zero complaints but also curious. Is there any reason some folks experience bugs and then others don’t at all? It just seems so strange to me haha
Cause a DSP work different than PC CPU's. There is no OS to tell "your operation violate the core" "you are rewriting unallowed sector" "you are using data as code" (or code as data). The user setting changing memory state can affect in unexpected way the processing (bug).

I did the firmware update, but honestly haven't had a chance to check out the new stuff. Reading through this thread though, if Output 2 has issues, I'll have to go back to the previous firmware as I rely on that for gigs. On a side note, I'm not sure if this was in the release, but some of my odd footswitch glitches seem to have been rectified in this 3.03 update, which is awesome. Looking forward to the full release on this.

I can't imagine this getting better than it already is, but I feel like Fractal keeps outdoing themselves. It's a pretty damn good time to be a guitar player.

We have a bunch of outdoor shows this summer. I am anxiously waiting for a stable release that includes Cygnus. I am not doing any tweaking, just practicing till that release arrives. Soon can't come soon enough. I am grateful to the Fractal team for their efforts!

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I'm wondering if 3.03 allows for higher CPU? I downloaded an AX3 preset on to my FM3 and it ran without warning at 80 to 82.5% ....

Back
Top Bottom