FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

This might mentioned as bug in this thread but haven't seen it. If so, please provide link.

After installing 3.03, the FM3 volumes are turned down but getting full volume into the FRFR. Have I/O set to copy 1. However, the studio monitors are silent until volume knob is turned up.

This didn't happen with 3.2. To double-check I reinstalled 3.2. No volume until volume knobs are turned up. GTG.

Head scratcher.
Do you mind providing your "System + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot, please? From 3.03 beta 3 or from 3.02 is fine, please indicate which version of the FM3 the backup was performed from.

Also, if you do go back to 3.03 beta 1, please perform a "Reset System Parameters" and see if the problem still persists. To do this, go HOME -> SETUP -> Utilities -> Rest page.

Last edited:
Wondering since people report no-to-little CPU increase from the new drives in FM3, could it be possible that Axe-Fx 3 gets a similar update to improve CPU? I remember the new drives modeling in Axe-Fx 3 ate larger %. Or may be FM3 utilizes lighter but a bit less accurate algorithms?
It is not that I'm lacking the CPU power in Axe, just curious.

any discussion on this?

Do you mind providing your "System + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot, please? From 3.03 beta 3 or from 3.02 is fine, please indicate which version of the FM3 the backup was performed from.

Also, if you do go back to 3.03 beta 3, please perform a "Reset System Parameters" and see if the problem still persists. To do this, go HOME -> SETUP -> Utilities -> Rest page.
Wait where’s 3.03 beta 3?

I've got a couple weird bugs, anyone else seeing the following?
  • I've heard the Out 2 knob is "not working", but in my case it's as if it's pegged at full-on. Out 1 knob works as expected still.
  • In one of my scenes (not even the whole preset) there's a strange artifact type sound. Almost like a super short delay effect plus extra gain and maybe an octave? It's wacky. If anyone wants the preset to try, let me know.

#1 has been reported a lot of times already.

Can't say anything about #2 without the preset.

#1 has been reported a lot of times already.

Can't say anything about #2 without the preset.
For sure, Yek. Sorry I didn't clearly understand that what I was experiencing was the same for others. I thought it was for a slightly different observation - no output at all.

As for #2, ugh, I'm going to revoke my own Fractal card. Maybe. When I was bypassing the blocks to try and narrow it down, I discovered that the drive model itself was changed in that scene only... to Octave Distortion! No wonder the gain was off, and I heard another octave of notes. However I have never used this model before, so maybe it's a glitch with the block? It was previously TS 808 (or Mod... can't recall). But I can say for sure I don't use this model or any that are a single keystroke away. Worth reporting/discussing further?

#2: probably changed accidentally. Haven't come across this before.

Installed the beta and all is good except no output to the headphones when hooked up usb from the computer. Headphones work fine when plugged in direct to unit without using usb.

Edit: Now the middle window in scenes has gone blank. Left and Right windows are fine.

Last edited:
Installed the beta and all is good except no output to the headphones when hooked up usb from the computer. Headphones work fine when plugged in direct to unit without using usb.

Edit: Now the middle window in scenes has gone blank. Left and Right windows are fine.
That's weird. Mine works fine with headphones.

My middle screen went blank -- but this also happened occasionally with earlier firmware. Reboot the device. That has always fixed it for me.

That's weird. Mine works fine with headphones.

My middle screen went blank -- but this also happened occasionally with earlier firmware. Reboot the device. That has always fixed it for me.
yes, blank screen has never happened for me on previous FW but rebooting did bring it back however, reboot did not resolve the headphone with usb issue.

Edit: I reinstalled all usb drivers for FM3, rebooted the computer, now the headphones via usb are back. So that fixed it.

I have zero complaints but also curious. Is there any reason some folks experience bugs and then others don’t at all? It just seems so strange to me haha

Curious - are you folks not getting the level knobs out are useless bug, or do you just leave it wide open all the time and not care?
My knobs are working fine. I don't have my copy out 1 to 2 though which I think might be the issue?

No it is not.
I've done a reset.
Updated Firmware again via Recovery mode.
Out2 was silent and not reactive with Out 2 knob. Out2 mode was set to none because of reset.

Switched to Out2 copy Out1 - full volume and knob still not responsive.
Switched back to none - Out2 stays on with full volume and still not responsive.

So it is not only the copy Out1 mode.

Also, if you do go back to 3.03 beta 1, please perform a "Reset System Parameters" and see if the problem still persists. To do this, go HOME -> SETUP -> Utilities -> Rest page.
This - the Utilities and reset solved all my mini display problems.

I have zero complaints but also curious. Is there any reason some folks experience bugs and then others don’t at all? It just seems so strange to me haha
It may have something to do with the air moisture and hight of the living location (gravity)🤔
Or may the users with issues ran out of fairy dust ☝️

yes, blank screen has never happened for me on previous FW but rebooting did bring it back however, reboot did not resolve the headphone with usb issue.

Edit: I reinstalled all usb drivers for FM3, rebooted the computer, now the headphones via usb are back. So that fixed it.
If you have the time and patience, you might try reinstalling from scratch the 3.03 and try the headphones again. If they continue not to work then report that "bug".

Back
Top Bottom