FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

It will get better with time, these guys and gals at FAS are trailblazers in this Industry, and seem to care about their customers and our satisfaction.
3.03 beta is fine on my machine

It will get better with time, these guys and gals at FAS are trailblazers in this Industry, and seem to care about their customers and our satisfaction.
3.03 beta is fine on my machine
Its actually not that bad at all there
are 3 main issues
blank scribbles, out2 and FM3 edit
the blank scribbles they already figured out as fix is next release
the FM3 edit stuff as Matt said is only cosmetic and Michael Pickins is a ninja so he has probably already fixed that to

Agreed. I'm digging the crap out of the 3.03 beta and am thankfully not experiencing any issues. I have one of the first run FM3's with no headphone jack.

Agreed. I'm digging the crap out of the 3.03 beta and am thankfully not experiencing any issues. I have one of the first run FM3's with no headphone jack.
Chris, I'm really glad to hear that, thank you. I too am on the headphone-less fm3 and was concerned I had "us only" bugs. My outputs were dead on 3.03b1

I'm going to reset the whole device since I'm not romantic about my presets and see what happens with 3.03 GA when it drops

I know everyone is salivating over Cygnus (me too) but I really think the Drives is huge - REALLY appreciate this being ported to the FM3 as it's opened up so many options. Changes how I approach gain staging my presets and has already resulted in such better tones overall - and they were great before!!!

... again - thank you to the Fractal team!

I know everyone is salivating over Cygnus (me too) but I really think the Drives is huge - REALLY appreciate this being ported to the FM3 as it's opened up so many options. Changes how I approach gain staging my presets and has already resulted in such better tones overall - and they were great before!!!

... again - thank you to the Fractal team!
I absolutely agree, this and the Ultrares has blown me away.

So much so I've pulled almost all the pedals I've been using off the board (King of Tone and Keeley Monterey), only thing that's left is an external reverb (to save CPU)

In the past year I've gone down from a III and FC18 (FC12 + FC6) down to FM3, external reverb and two EV-1s - couldn't be happier, sounds better than ever and is a really nice slick little setup

In the past year I've gone down from a III and FC18 (FC12 + FC6) down to FM3, external reverb and two EV-1s - couldn't be happier, sounds better than ever and is a really nice slick little setup

:openmouth::openmouth::openmouth:

You had an AF3 AND an FC-12 AND an FC-6?! Wowza...that must've been really cool! It speaks great volumes that you downsized to an FM3 and are happy too, though.

So far so good with this new 3.03b1 on my FM3 (no headphone jack model)

All my presets have now been turned to ultrares cabs from standard including my third part cabs and really loving the sound, I too hear a difference in most of my presets, hard to express into words but its pleasing to the ears. Loving the new drive models and again, I don't remember seeing the HooDoo drive before but love that, the Horizon Precision Drive seems a little on the bright side for my taste but need to experiment more with it.

Overall, fantastic and very grateful to the FAS team for all their hard work.

In my case, the stability of fm3eDIT and the USB connection to FM3 is much worse than in the case of 3.02. FM3Edit crashes every 10 minutes on average (for version 3.02 it was once every few days.
New Drivers and UltraRes - excellent job, FAS!!!

I absolutely agree, this and the Ultrares has blown me away.

So much so I've pulled almost all the pedals I've been using off the board (King of Tone and Keeley Monterey), only thing that's left is an external reverb (to save CPU)

I dont play stages big enough for FC18 :(

• Sad
Reactions: JTI
EDIT:
And just a moment ago I had a problem with self-jumping presets again (which I haven't had for at least a month). FM3 + USB +FM3Edit

Just to let you know. While scrolling through presets. My left switch LCD stopped working. I could still switch presets but nothing was on the screen.

I tried the beta. Great new drives. Both of the rotary ouput volumes ceased to function. Went back to 3.02 and they worked fine.

Interesting, I have had zero issues with my output knobs as far as I can tell. Firmware sounds great, new drives are good, I may even use them (typically I use amp gain). Ultrares seems to add a little more low end depth to the sound but I'm not 100% sure. It's subtle. I can also run patches around 85% with a warning sign and no issues.

I have had zero issues with this beta. I have updated all my presets and they sound just fantastic. The ultrares and drives are soo good. Am looking forward to the cygnus update now 😉 Great work FAS team!

I have had zero issues with this beta. I have updated all my presets and they sound just fantastic. The ultrares and drives are soo good. Am looking forward to the cygnus update now 😉 Great work FAS team!
Your Out 2 knob works?

Back
Top Bottom