FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

I'm experiencing an odd bug in 3.02 - related to the 3 switches on the FM3 (I'm also connected to an FC6, which behaves normally when the below happens). If I turn on the FM3, let it sit for a while, it's fine. If I turn it on, and then at some point engage the tuner and let it sit for a while (sorry, I don't know how long as I haven't sat around and watched it!), the switches become unresponsive and the LEDs on the switches slowly turn a dim reddish-brown color. A power-cycle fixes the issue. Any idea what might be going on?
We are currently looking at this issue.

I'm experiencing an odd bug in 3.02 - related to the 3 switches on the FM3 (I'm also connected to an FC6, which behaves normally when the below happens). If I turn on the FM3, let it sit for a while, it's fine. If I turn it on, and then at some point engage the tuner and let it sit for a while (sorry, I don't know how long as I haven't sat around and watched it!), the switches become unresponsive and the LEDs on the switches slowly turn a dim reddish-brown color. A power-cycle fixes the issue. Any idea what might be going on?
...so dont tune your guitar! :p

I'm experiencing an odd bug in 3.02 - related to the 3 switches on the FM3 (I'm also connected meto an FC6, which behaves normally when the below happens). If I turn on the FM3, let it sit for a while, it's fine. If I turn it on, and then at some point engage the tuner and let it sit for a while (sorry, I don't know how long as I haven't sat around and watched it!), the switches become unresponsive and the LEDs on the switches slowly turn a dim reddish-brown color. A power-cycle fixes the issue. Any idea what might be going on?
Me too...................................

I finally ran into the non-responsive footswitch issue described above. However, I was NOT using the tuner when it occurred.

• Firmware 3.02
    • FM3 Edit is also up-to-date although I wasn't using it at the time of the incident.
  • The FM3 was not connected to any computer or interface. I only had my guitar plugged in and was monitoring with headphones.
  • I was in "Preset" mode and was using the right footswitch to try to bank up to the next 3 presets.
  • I hit a bank of <EMPTY> presets when the footswitches became unresponsive.
  • Some of the LED rings around the footswitches lit up but not in a way that made sense to me.
    • The lights cycled back and forth with different colors.
    • I also noticed some dim lights and the far right footswitch eventually had no light in the ring and no text in strip.
    • The middle and left continued to display "<EMPTY>".
  • The sound of the last preset was still active and I could change it via the Value wheel. When changing via the Value wheel, the main screen changed with each preset but the footswitches and text strips remained frozen.
The only thing I can think of that was unusual for my usage is that the FM3 had been on for 6-7 hours. I usually only run it for 2-3 hours at a time. It was also on a carpeted floor which I never do. It's usually either on my wood desk or on my Pedaltrain board.

Mine has done it whether connected to a computer or not, with tuner engaged or in a normal presets view, after 10 mins or 3 hrs.

So in short there has been no rhyme or reason to it in my experience.

Porting cyngus beta updates for fm3 is probably a considerable undertaking; or inconvenient to do each time.

That said, I'd still prefer to see at least a basic beta for fm3 sooner. I don't own an axe fx3. But I tried cyngus on a friend's unit, and let me tell you, the JCM "jcm-s" considerably more now.

It's enough to be a make or break difference with some amp sims. Or at least i can imagine it being so for some. It is for me, certainly, for some marshalls.

So the anticipation for me is real.

But even just getting a port, beta or not, some time after axe fx 3 official chungus release is still cool for me. It will be highly appreciated.

Now.. the wait time would be easier if I didn't know what I'm missing lel!

Porting cyngus beta updates for fm3 is probably a considerable undertaking; or inconvenient to do each time.

That said, I'd still prefer to see at least a basic beta for fm3 sooner. I don't own an axe fx3. But I tried cyngus on a friend's unit, and let me tell you, the JCM "jcm-s" considerably more now.

It's enough to be a make or break difference with some amp sims. Or at least i can imagine it being so for some. It is for me, certainly, for some marshalls.

But even just getting a port, beta or not, some time after axe fx 3 official chungus release is still cool for me. It will be highly appreciated.

code base could be exactly the same.
difference could be only target configuration and compiler optimizations for the different processors in AF3 and FM3.
Since they're in beta for the AF3 my guess is the coding is not done yet and once it makes it to release we'll have something on the FM3...
F5
F5
F5

How would you describe the difference over Ares? More attack/presence?.. or is it more a feel thing?

Back
Top Bottom