FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

I use the FM3 with my Mesa Triple Crown 50 in a 4CM and also made the channel change via midi too, after the update I notice the channel change is super slow taking like a 3 seconds, before was perfect like a 1 sec or maybe less. Any person notice this issue?

Clue me in ! Perfomance Page .. Global It has on it the Amp Level control . In my patches I use a few amps , but use different channels for the same amp to have different levels . As soon as I pull up the perform menu it resets these different levels to the same ..I had to remove that setting from the Global bit and leave it in the per Preset bit ..Cant see the point of the Global as all my settings are different per scence and Preset ..At least on the Per Preset I can play about and it returns to the original settings when I leave the Preset..Tried also using a scene Controller on the Level control whenit was in the Global area.. It shut off the sound completely .. Any clues to an idiot like me is always helpful !!

Clue me in ! Perfomance Page .. Global It has on it the Amp Level control . In my patches I use a few amps , but use different channels for the same amp to have different levels . As soon as I pull up the perform menu it resets these different levels to the same ..I had to remove that setting from the Global bit and leave it in the per Preset bit ..Cant see the point of the Global as all my settings are different per scence and Preset ..At least on the Per Preset I can play about and it returns to the original settings when I leave the Preset..Tried also using a scene Controller on the Level control whenit was in the Global area.. It shut off the sound completely .. Any clues to an idiot like me is always helpful !!
the "Global" word means the parameters displayed on that page don't change from preset to preset, not that the settings don't change. just the actual knobs chosen to display there.

I was having a problem managing my presets, I went to use the FC Banks function and it was blank. In order to work with the presets again I had to back out of the presets and go back to manage presets. Is this something that is due to the OMG9 function being baked into the firmware? Has anyone else had this issue? I did not see this in the thread, although I did not read all 13 pages of posts looking for it either.

I was having a problem managing my presets, I went to use the FC Banks function and it was blank. In order to work with the presets again I had to back out of the presets and go back to manage presets. Is this something that is due to the OMG9 function being baked into the firmware? Has anyone else had this issue? I did not see this in the thread, although I did not read all 13 pages of posts looking for it either.
i think that was addressed in an FM3-Edit update.

I am currently running FM3-Edit 1.03.02. It says there is no update available so I am guessing this is the latest version.
ahh it was an update for Axe-Edit for the Axe3. i'm sure it's coming to the FM3 soon. sounds like the same issue.

I use the FM3 with my Mesa Triple Crown 50 in a 4CM and also made the channel change via midi too, after the update I notice the channel change is super slow taking like a 3 seconds, before was perfect like a 1 sec or maybe less. Any person notice this issue?

Since updating to FM3 fw 3.02, FM3-Edit 1.03.02 and Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.867, FM3-Edit has been very sluggish. FM3-Edit has always been VERY slow, but now it has gotten worse. Communications are still being sent to the FM3 at the same speeds as previous fw/sw versions, so it's working, but FM3-Edit's interface responsiveness has really started to lag. Anyone else experiencing this?

Since updating to FM3 fw 3.02, FM3-Edit 1.03.02 and Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.867, FM3-Edit has been very sluggish. FM3-Edit has always been VERY slow, but now it has gotten worse. Communications are still being sent to the FM3 at the same speeds as previous fw/sw versions, so it's working, but FM3-Edit's interface responsiveness has really started to lag. Anyone else experiencing this?

While I've not noticed a sluggish overall interface, I did notice the other day that clearing/writing/moving around multiple presets (via FM3-Edit) the progress bar was stuttering/pausing after each preset was written/saved to the unit and the saving process seemed to be much slower/less consistently smoother/faster overall.

I'm pretty sure multiple presets saved much faster then this before and never stopped/paused, and can't say what version of firmware/editor release may have introduced the change as I've not done bulk preset clearing/moves for a few weeks.

As well, the bypass states (active or bypassed) for each block in FM-Edit take several (up to about 10) seconds to fully update after a preset change but FM3-Edit has been doing that for some time for me.

I'm also running the latest firmware/FM3-Edit on Windows 10.

I haven't seen any of this but i am on Big Sur iMac. Perhaps a windows only issue?

I expected better than what I had, that was my issue. I didn't take it "on the road" and I did play at home and it seemed fine. as you know, when your in a live situation things are exacerbated. I thought it was me the first time, but it happened again.

I will need to do extensive testing with this unit from here on, That's not a issue. I was looking for help/assistance on troubleshooting the issue since I'm new to the Fractal ecosystem. instead you gave me...

thanks for the help.
You were given help and assistance on troubleshooting with the advice of looking at the Output 2 and Global EQ, just got some additional criticisms thrown your way :) That's the internet

You can always downgrade back to last firmware version and be good to go. The bug with Output2 will likely be addressed in a minor version update 👍 Hopefully you're still enjoying your FM3!

I'm experiencing an odd bug in 3.02 - related to the 3 switches on the FM3 (I'm also connected to an FC6, which behaves normally when the below happens). If I turn on the FM3, let it sit for a while, it's fine. If I turn it on, and then at some point engage the tuner and let it sit for a while (sorry, I don't know how long as I haven't sat around and watched it!), the switches become unresponsive and the LEDs on the switches slowly turn a dim reddish-brown color. A power-cycle fixes the issue. Any idea what might be going on?

Back
Top Bottom