FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

Uploaded 2.0 Fm3 edit and fractal bot...everything is working accept I cannot edit my wah/amps or even pick an amp or cab. There are no words for the type of amp/wah/ cab on using I.e. 5153 red 100 or Clyde wah. And the block library won't show up either. Any suggestions?
Refresh After Firmware from the FM3-EDIT menu.

@Mincer Did you have success loading the beta in the end? or could only revert to 1.06 like me?
I did, after I re-downloaded the beta. But it took me awhile (and a re-read of the instructions) to think there might be something wrong with my download. So the beta is finally loaded after a few hours of installing the beta, waiting, re-installing 1.06, working, re-installing the beta, not working (after waiting), and re-downloading. I posted my experience because I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

I'm curious about the Archeon fat switch issue. On my end it just wipes out the bass when engaged but other people are posting that it kills the sound. Could this be a difference in older units and newer? CPU? Individual setups?
I just got the Archeon bright to kill my sound with the fat switch. I would turn it off and on and it would just lower the bass sound but when I turned either the mid or treble knob, can't remember which , it killed my sound and a reboot didn't fix it. Still no sound.

Last edited:
USB audio issues seem to be fixed for me! Great!

But while the FM3 USB Audio Device Control Panel reports ~5ms round-trip latency at 64 samples buffer size, RTL Utility reports ~32ms. Is this around the expected performance?

Tried again to set up a volume pedal in 2.0b and this time the unit froze and then after power cycle the preset that I was working in disappered?! It would be good to get some feedback as to whether anyone else is getting problems with an expression pedal controlling a volume block over midi. Otherwise its hard not to see this as a hardware problem, if I am the only one getting it?? Are FAS aware of this problem?

The beta firmware was released just before Thanksgiving. That's two days no work and a weekend. They start work today again (US time zone!) and will take notice of your report, no doubt.
Thanks for the reassurance.....apologies for the 'eurocentrism'

I am having the Archeon issue as well. Rebooting is the only way to recover.
Just to be clear, I setup a new preset, had only one scene. Used Archeon Clean and a factory cab. Nothing else in the preset. Hit the fat switch in FM3 Edit and sound stops. Reboot recovers. I did not test the Bright switch yet. I will do further testing again tonight.

TL;DR - Outstanding beta release! Very happy!

I've been critical in the past about delays in firmware releases, so it's only right to be equally vocal when things go VERY well.

First and foremost, releasing the beta on the Wednesday before (US) Thanksgiving was a STELLAR decision from a customer perspective! With a 4 day holiday for many people, there was a lot of time to play around with the new firmware. I know (firsthand) how tough it can be for developers with that type of release. The last thing I would have wanted to do was monitor a work situation over the break.

Forget everything else - the release date speaks more than anything else the firmware delivered. It goes a long way toward rehabbing my confidence in the FM3. Simply an amazing customer-first decision and one for which I am very thankful.

As for the beta itself, I've been VERY happy so far. All of the following have caused issues at one time or another in 1.06, but I've experienced NO similar issues in 2.0b (macOS Catalina):

• I tried "accidentally" pulling out the USB cable - no lockup
  • I reinserted the USB cable - it reconnected without issue
  • I paused communications in FM3-Edit and then un-paused them - no issue
  • I closed FM3-Edit, opened Fractal-Bot, connected, closed Fractal-Bot, re-opened FM3-Edit - no issues connecting at all
  • I quickly tapped footswitches multiple times (OMG-9 layout) - no issues/freezes
  • I switched presets and scenes, on device and via footswitches - no issues experienced
  • Maybe I'm just in a turkey haze, but I don't think I experienced as much lag between FM3-Edit UI and device UI. That was consistently an issue in the past - not terrible - but definitely noticeable. Seemed improved in this beta.

I did experience the issues with the Archon that have been reported ad nauseum. Only thing I can add is that I was switching between the various models and I don't believe I was using the Fat switch when I got the drop out. I was however using the Bright and Cut switches. I got the drop out when switching back to the clean model.

IIRC, when I got the 2nd audio drop out, I think I was able to restore audio by resetting the channel.

That's long enough for now. Will report more if I experience any issues. I'm exceptionally happy with what I've seen. This looks like an outstanding beta so far!

Just want to say thanks very much to all you beta testers, private and public. I don't seem to have time these days, but I appreciate what you're doing while I wait for the stable release. 🤘

I've cursed myself, unplugged the FM3 from my MacBook, left it turned on for maybe 20-30 minutes.

Plugged back into my Mac, but FM3Edit wouldn't connect - and although it was passing sound fine, the foot switches were not working (and tempo light not flashing)

Reboot all is fine

Possible bug:
Assigning Control Switch to High Treble Knob in JPIIC Yellow causes audio dropouts, similar to Archon models issue.

Uploaded 2.0 Fm3 edit and fractal bot...everything is working accept I cannot edit my wah/amps or even pick an amp or cab. There are no words for the type of amp/wah/ cab on using I.e. 5153 red 100 or Clyde wah. And the block library won't show up either. Any suggestions?

I'm having the same cab issues and also the Warning sign even though not using all CPU :(
To downgrade back to 1.06 i just need to do the same process, sending the .syx file to fm3 with fractal bot? thx

I'm having the same cab issues and also the Warning sign even though not using all CPU :(
To downgrade back to 1.06 i just need to do the same process, sending the .syx file to fm3 with fractal bot? thx

Hi, before downgrading to 1.06 try this: Settings -> Refresh after new FW. That should get rid of your cab issues. Absolutely zero CPU warnings on this side after upgrading both FM3-Edit and FM3 FW 2.00b

Back
Top Bottom