FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

My approach would be to tackle the adoption blockers first, the problems that would keep potential buyers away.

Next tackle the low hanging fruit by implementing the easy to incorporate updates that have the least impact on other areas and are the least likely to introduce new bugs.

Last, tackle the hard to implement items such as ultra-res IRs, the Drive and Pitch blocks, performance pages, etc.

Sounds more likely to me o_O

I think right now what they are trying to do is optimize each block and get back CPU, a few have reported a drop of 5-8% in the presets , it does not seem like that much but if they can get 2% back on some of the blocks , it will allow them reserves for when they need it like Drive and pitch blocks that use up much more

Plugged directly to the computer and just disable Windows 10 power management as per your instructions. No change. Still frozen in the end of FM3 logo progress bar. :( I really can’t understand how it can update on some units and other don’t. Never had any similar issues with Fractal products.

Another thing to try is a fresh download and install of Fractal-Bot and the FW. Could be that between the FW and the Bot it's hitting a bad block of data from a glitched download and stopping. I've experienced that before with my Axe II Mk 2.

Another thing to do is ensure that no other applications are running. I've had this happen as well, where other programs were interrupting the transfer process.

Another thing to try is a fresh download and install of Fractal-Bot and the FW. Could be that between the FW and the Bot it's hitting a bad block of data from a glitched download and stopping. I've experienced that before with my Axe II Mk 2.

Another thing to do is ensure that no other applications are running. I've had this happen as well, where other programs were interrupting the transfer process.
The point is that the FW is transferred and say “Success”. When the unit asks to turn it off, wait 5 sec and turn on, than it Freezes in the end. I already replaced cables, computer, different USB ports, disable power management under Windows, tried at MAC, launch directly the Fract-Bot, launched through FM3 edit and all times same results. Always can revert back to 1.06 through emergency process, meaning
that cables and USB ports are OK. Have no more idea what to do...just wait for a new FW.

Good thing about this Beta 1 is the only problems seem to be reported is the Archeon model with the Fat switch. Thanks Fractal for the hard work!

Unfortunately there's a post back on ~ page 1 or 2 or 3 or thereabouts that states the same issues with other amps so I think the issues are broader than just the Archean [again ......unfortunately]

Ben

Last edited:
Unfortunately there's a post back on ~ page 1 or 2 or 3 or thereabouts that states the same issues with other amps so I think the issues are broader than just the Archean [again ......unfortunately]

Ben
I'm pretty sure it was clarified a few pages later that he wasn't having issues with those other amps, it was that he was using presets that originally contained those amps and switched to the Archean model.

The point is that the FW is transferred and say “Success”. When the unit asks to turn it off, wait 5 sec and turn on, than it Freezes in the end. I already replaced cables, computer, different USB ports, disable power management under Windows, tried at MAC, launch directly the Fract-Bot, launched through FM3 edit and all times same results. Always can revert back to 1.06 through emergency process, meaning
that cables and USB ports are OK. Have no more idea what to do...just wait for a new FW.
Another idea, try installing 2.0 over top of a firmware earlier than 1.6. I’m just firing off troubleshooting strategies, not trying to frustrate you.

Have you tried disconnecting the USB before you reboot?

I'm pretty sure it was clarified a few pages later that he wasn't having issues with those other amps, it was that he was using presets that originally contained those amps and switched to the Archean model.

That is correct. It was only the Archon Bright. Only difference with mine was that I did not engage the Fat switch.

Might be a bad preset or config data. See the section in the manual on how to boot without loading preset/config data.

Might be a bad preset or config data. See the section in the manual on how to boot without loading preset/config data.
@FractalAudio That was the case! I changed for a factory preset (001) before updating the beta. It worked now. :)
However when going to several presets I created with 1.06 the unit freezes...Why is that happening ("bad presets"). Reverting to the previous FW they work. Do you want to check those presets?

That is very interesting, I posted earlier in the thread about a expression pedal controlling a volume block that crashed two presets whenever used. I was on an austin buddy ojai clean amp when i went to 2.0b (also put it in the bug section). The rest of the unit seemed to work fine. I rolled back to 1.06 and everything was fine, including the expression set up. I am going to delete the volume pedal setups from the presets in question in 1.06 then go to 2.0b and see if everything works. Then set up the expression pedal setups in 2.0......
might provide another clue as to what might be happening?
Havent experienced any of the other problems, but havent tried the new amps and dont use it for any usb recording or playback either, so cant comment.

Hi

Finally installed today (I have a bad burn on my right hand so can't really play right now but wanted to try).

No issues at all here in terms of presets/lock-ups etc.

CPU usage much improved, never worse - some presets I'm saving 4-5 percentage points, some 1-2 - always more stable though.

And great to have the compressor and amp improvements, definitely more dynamics in the early Marshall models and some presets will need re-work.

New Plexi model is stunning, an improved 2204 to my ears.

Thanks Fractal!

After upgrading to 2.0b along with FM-Edit and Fractal-Bot, I noticed the CPU is now showing "warning" for one of my top LT presets (Thiccening).
Nothing was tweaked. Prior to the update this preset was in mid 70% range.

That specific preset (original one from Leon's 1.06 pack) doesn't hit 80% on my FM3.

@FractalAudio That was the case! I changed for a factory preset (001) before updating the beta. It worked now. :)
However when going to several presets I created with 1.06 the unit freezes...Why is that happening ("bad presets"). Reverting to the previous FW they work. Do you want to check those presets?
Post the preset(s) so the engineers can investigate.

Back
Top Bottom