FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

After installing the new firmware I am now having midi problems? anyone else have this? I had a volume pedal assigned coming in through an airstep midi controller to control the volume block on midi channel 1 cc 1, whenever i use it it cuts the audio completely and then the unit crashes? anyone else experiencing this problem. Its only on one preset (only have the volume block on one preset) using the Austin Buddy Ojai clean amp?

I am going to revert back to 1.06.....didnt have any problems with that. Here is the patch for analysis. The volume pedal coming in on midi channel 1 cc 1 to control the volume block crashes the unit.

Attachments

• Slnky NB.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
I noticed that after installing this firmware all of my user IR's, which were all non-Ultrares IR's, showed up in Italics in the "Manage Cabs" FM3-Edit screen which I understand indicate UltraRes processed IR's (which are supported but truncated in the FM3 AFAIK).

The IR's sounded unchanged but I didn't test at a level, nor spend any time, to see if the IR's were actually changed/processed.

I have to crank the rig and run some A/B tests to hear/feel the differences between UltraRes/unprocessed IR's which are subtle, but there, particularly in the low end and didn't have the time nor the opportunity to do so....

I just observed the label names changed to Italics in FM3-Edit and immediately reloaded them with no processing...they now show as regular/un-processed IR's like before.

I just thought I'd share the observation; might be the intended behavior, etc. but was unexpected at my end.

Thanks FAS for the update and hard work....:sunglasses:

thats interesting wonder if their is a beta out where they are trying to implement the Ultrares and level out the cab block

1606485060984.png

Dear FAS Team
How am I supposed to backup my FM3, how are the USB connection problems so dominant that even Fractal-BOT reports communication problems?

How should I upload the new firmware, since the USB connection is so unreliable that I do not know if FM3 / USB will hang while uploading the new firmware and I will be left with a brick?

What should I do?

View attachment 75591

Dear FAS Team
How am I supposed to backup my FM3, how are the USB connection problems so dominant that even Fractal-BOT reports communication problems?

How should I upload the new firmware, since the USB connection is so unreliable that I do not know if FM3 / USB will hang while uploading the new firmware and I will be left with a brick?

What should I do?

Did you update Fractal-Bot to the latest version?

Yes. Latest Fractal-bot, latest driver for Windows USB - both fresh instalation from Fractal website. Two PCets, both Windows 10 (latest). Thesame issue.

Unfortunately I still have random USB artifacts. Less frequent than 1.06 but still there. Hoping this gets squashed once and for all soon.

How am I supposed to backup my FM3 [with Fractal-Bot Errors]

I'd be happy to talk you through backing up the FM3 without Fractal-Bot.

First, backup the System. Then, consider the banks.
If A, B and C contain only factory presets, you can skip those.

If any bank won't back up as a monolith, you can always use the MANAGE PRESETS feature of FM3-Edit to back it up as individual presets. Here's how.

1. Open Manage Presets in the Tools menu of FM3 Edit.
2. Select the presets you want to back up. Use the Shift to select multiple presets).
3. Right-click or Ctrl+Click one of the selected presets and choose EXPORT from the popup menu.
4. Wait for the data to be prepared, then choose a folder to store the files in.
5. High five.

Let me add that if you're still having any USB problems, we'll be happy to help you at support@fractalaudio.com. While it is a long holiday weekend in the USA, you will have a nice choice of workaholics or Canadians to provide assistance.

Last edited:
Details please.
I provided a report via email a few weeks ago and that information still stands with the exception of using this new beta release. I still receive random but now less frequent "static" noise using stock presets. I would be happy to provide any information to help resolving this issue.

see earlier posts...I upgraded to 2.0b. wxperienced a midi problem so went back to 1.06. The midi problem has gone but now i am getting intermittent high cpu warning notices in fm3 edit. The preset I am using shows less than 63%, do I have to return to the previous version of fm3 edit? The cpu meter on the fm3 never shows this warning and audio never seems affected?

just checked other presets including factory ones. Its doing this on all of them.

I noticed that after installing this firmware all of my user IR's, which were all non-Ultrares IR's, showed up in Italics in the "Manage Cabs" FM3-Edit screen which I understand indicate UltraRes processed IR's (which are supported but truncated in the FM3 AFAIK).

The IR's sounded unchanged but I didn't test at a level, nor spend any time, to see if the IR's were actually changed/processed.

I have to crank the rig and run some A/B tests to hear/feel the differences between UltraRes/unprocessed IR's which are subtle, but there, particularly in the low end and didn't have the time nor the opportunity to do so....

I just observed the label names changed to Italics in FM3-Edit and immediately reloaded them with no processing...they now show as regular/un-processed IR's like before.

I just thought I'd share the observation; might be the intended behavior, etc. but was unexpected at my end.

Thanks FAS for the update and hard work....:sunglasses:
I know some have faced a similar issue on the Axe Fx III where Axe-Edit seems to be confused about the IRs. There's a tool somewhere in the editor to rescan/refresh the cabs and that corrects the display. Maybe try to do that?

see earlier posts...I upgraded to 2.0b. wxperienced a midi problem so went back to 1.06. The midi problem has gone but now i am getting intermittent high cpu warning notices in fm3 edit. The preset I am using shows less than 63%, do I have to return to the previous version of fm3 edit? The cpu meter on the fm3 never shows this warning and audio never seems affected?

just checked other presets including factory ones. Its doing this on all of them.

The CPU warnings appear when using the latest editor version with firmware 1.06 or lower. Just install the previous version of the editor.

After upgrading to 2.0b along with FM-Edit and Fractal-Bot, I noticed the CPU is now showing "warning" for one of my top LT presets (Thiccening).
Nothing was tweaked. Prior to the update this preset was in mid 70% range.

After upgrading to 2.0b along with FM-Edit and Fractal-Bot, I noticed the CPU is now showing "warning" for one of my top LT presets (Thiccening).
Nothing was tweaked. Prior to the update this preset was in mid 70% range.
I got something similar "CPU Limit - Muted" on the device and "Warning" in red in FM3-Edit. CPU show 73%....
1606504001363.png
The CPU warnings appear when using the latest editor version with firmware 1.06 or lower. Just install the previous version of the editor.
This happen with All new FractalBot/FM3Edit-1.2/Firmware2.0b1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom