FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

It's been said over and over that the FM3 is not an Axe III Lite or Axe III floor unit and may not receive all of the future Axe III innovations and features. Anyone who thought that wasn't paying attention. Fractal continues to remain committed to their products, giving away innovations and new features (even to legacy products), only to be blasted if they can't do what the "I want" crowd clamours for. Continuing to get frustrated and moan & groan the FM3 not having what the Axe III has is rather perplexing.

From what can be gathered looking at the release notes for the Axe III, the FM3 currently has the drive block through Axe III's firmware 10.0. Stands to reason that the FM3 has in fact enjoyed some of the Axe III's drive developments and ecliffanies. In firmware 12 a couple of drives were added and in firmware 13, a new algorithm was incorporated. Other than not being current with the Axe III, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about regarding the drives. The FM3 has a collection of far and away the best feeling and sounding drives of any modeler on the market and a marked improvement over the Axe II/AX8. The parameters and models available make it possible to emulate practically any drive available.

I get that some want things given to them and don't want to work at anything to get what they want, but twisting a couple of knobs here and there doesn't seem like too much effort. Especially when the payoff is getting the tone you want, there hasn't been a drive I've needed or wanted that hasn't been able to be emulated in the Axe III or FM3. I'm not going to qualify this with YMMV because it's available to all of us, whether you choose to use it or not is another story.

i am not The company is not important , i am simply saying in any product pitch takes a lot of power
to do it well , eventide for instance if you prefer
But you're saying 30-40% based on Line6 when I showed a chart with FM3 use and the highest Pitch type was less than 18% with Virtual Capo less than 8%.

Also the percentage of CPU is relative to the capability of the processor.

Further, the algorithms used may be vastly different between these products...

The bottom line is that we won't know until it's here or deemed impossible by Fractal...

It's been said over and over that the FM3 is not an Axe III Lite or Axe III floor unit and may not receive all of the future Axe III innovations and features. Anyone who thought that wasn't paying attention. Fractal continues to remain committed to their products, giving away innovations and new features (even to legacy products), only to be blasted if they can't do what the "I want" crowd clamours for. Continuing to get frustrated and moan & groan the FM3 not having what the Axe III has is rather perplexing.

From what can be gathered looking at the release notes for the Axe III, the FM3 currently has the drive block through Axe III's firmware 10.0. Stands to reason that the FM3 has in fact enjoyed some of the Axe III's drive developments and ecliffanies. In firmware 12 a couple of drives were added and in firmware 13, a new algorithm was incorporated. Other than not being current with the Axe III, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about regarding the drives. The FM3 has a collection of far and away the best feeling and sounding drives of any modeler on the market and a marked improvement over the Axe II/AX8. The parameters and models available make it possible to emulate practically any drive available.

I get that some want things given to them and don't want to work at anything to get what they want, but twisting a couple of knobs here and there doesn't seem like too much effort. Especially when the payoff is getting the tone you want, there hasn't been a drive I've needed or wanted that hasn't been able to be emulated in the Axe III or FM3. I'm not going to qualify this with YMMV because it's available to all of us, whether you choose to use it or not is another story.
Perfectly stated and for the price point nothing comes close to the FM3 in feel and tone as it sits now. Bugs will get squashed soon.

Crosspost in case this is the primary thread. Mods feel free to remove if inappropriate:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-2-0b-volume-boost-drop-user-ir-empty-to-filled.167881/
____

If you are scrolling thru User IRs to hear them and then go backwards to an Empty IR slot, and then back to the previous filled IR slot there is usually a volume boost. Sometimes it is a drop, and sometimes it sounds like it is Empty, even tho it is selected to be the filled IR slot you returned to.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this happens with FM3-Edit as well, specifically if you use the up and down arrows or the mouse scroll wheel to navigate thru the User IRs.

The video below was executed with FM3-Edit closed.

Cheers!

Crosspost in case this is the primary thread. Mods feel free to remove if inappropriate:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-2-0b-volume-boost-drop-user-ir-empty-to-filled.167881/
____

If you are scrolling thru User IRs to hear them and then go backwards to an Empty IR slot, and then back to the previous filled IR slot there is usually a volume boost. Sometimes it is a drop, and sometimes it sounds like it is Empty, even tho it is selected to be the filled IR slot you returned to.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this happens with FM3-Edit as well, specifically if you use the up and down arrows or the mouse scroll wheel to navigate thru the User IRs.

Cheers!

Is the level still at 0 dB when you “reset” the ir?

I easily reproduced this and we are looking at it. Thank you.

____

Cheers!

I have experienced this as well. With headphones on, it's quite the ear drum rupturing experience.

I chose to revert back to 1.06b3 after mine quit producing sound twice. Each time signal was reaching the compressor block - which was right after the input block - but the output block showed no signal. I was using the Deluxe Reverb Vib model with a drive block and various other blocks. The processor load was not too high. Changing presets did not fix the problem. Rebooting did.

I cannot post the preset as it was based on a purchased preset.

I rolled back because I'm playing Sunday and I needed to make sure it was firmware and not my hardware. I played for about an hour with 1.06b3 with no problems. Previously on 2.0b I only made it 10 minutes with this particular combination of blocks. I should also say that I had used 2.0b for days before with no problem. Maybe my preset just got corrupted?

FWIW I've done 5 gigs with this beta FW now and it's been rock solid. Sounding absolutely incredible too, of course!

My experience as well, Leon!

Doesn't the joke go something like, "A man goes into the doctor and tells him that it hurts when I do this. Doctor replies, just don't do that!"

I’m trying to assign a pitch follower as a modifier for the mix of a phaser block... no matter where in the fretboard I play the mix stays the same.

I remember something about the pitch follower source not being factory assigned to the input block but can’t find the option on the unit to change that.

Edit: found it. Controller option on the main screen. I really think this should be corrected. Input 2 as factory selected source make no sense to me

I once deeply cut my index, middle and little finger on my left hand, all across the pad, resulting in bandages then healing skin that would catch the strings, and it took a couple months for the slices to close up. I worked on slide guitar because my ring finger was still good.
Oh no!! That sounds bad man

Back
Top Bottom