FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

Thankfully I've only had a few a freezes but as others have mentioned, I haven't been able to replicate the issue. I love this unit minus the 3 buttons but that's only because I'm a little dumb lol

With that being said, I'm excited for any upcoming updates. I've been having so much fun with this unit. I went on a 2 hr rabbit hole yesterday with some of the parameters trying to the find the perfect spanky modern prog tone 🤦‍♂️

Just a bit of a report in case it helps.

Non-HP user since July. Long tweaking sessions at home using FM3 as audio interface, a couple of rehearsals and a gig. A bit of 1.05, mostly 1.06beta2, recently updated to 1.06 release. I had the USB clicks and pops in a W7 machine but not in my main W10.

ALWAYS connected to laptop+Edit with USB. Most patches at 80-82%. NEVER using physical switches. Intensive preset & scene switching using MIDI automation and Axe-Edit.

Only freezes experienced at the very begining with 1.05 when importing patches from Axe Fx III the first week I had it. IIRC, audio was working, UI wasn't or extremelly slow. Not a single freeze since that I could notice.

Based on my experience on this unit, I would bet physical switches are implied or I'm extremelly lucky somehow.

Hi,
I am not able to get audio signal from the computer (youtube) via USB to FM3 to output 2.
Output 2 copies output 1 and I can get the guitar signal on 1 and 2. But Audio from the computer goes only to output 1. USB volume is up. Have I overlooked something?

First issue with the FM3.

So the sound just randomly stopped from the FM3 and had to eventually restart it.

Cause - Switched presets and continue to play - but it suddenly just stopped. No sound.
All good after resetting. Only change was I had turned off power amp modelling since I was playing through a headrush 2000 watts.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am not able to get audio signal from the computer (youtube) via USB to FM3 to output 2.
Output 2 copies output 1 and I can get the guitar signal on 1 and 2. But Audio from the computer goes only to output 1. USB volume is up. Have I overlooked something?

USB audio is only sent through Out 1 and the headphone jack. I wish it were something you could configure, but it's fixed the way it is as of now. That could change in a future firmware.

I had my first 3 freezes (really 1 but I duplicated it 2 more times) by trying to import Brett Kingman's latest Bogner preset from his video meant for an AxFXxIII but I was going to try and work through it to bring it up on the FM3, remove some blocks and downsize it since CPU was over the limit. FM3 froze and FM3-Edit did as well. But a power cycle resolved it without an issue.

So my expectations weren't high here and I probably deserved it. lol

I've recently started using FM3 Edit in anger, in order to tweak some of Austin Buddy's Gold presets into band ready presets. I am experiencing a lot of freezes using the editor. Yesterday I was finding that the editor seemed to be working but sometimes when I went to the preset list to select a different preset nothing would happen. The list would come up, and allow me to click on the preset I wanted to go to but the preset wouldn't change. I would then try to pause the editor and it wouldn't pause either. I noticed I could still say, edit the delay block or the amp block, but not select a different preset. When I rebooted the FM3, it would boot up on the preset I had tried to select in the editor.

I still haven't had a freeze when NOT connected to FM3 edit.

Last edited:
OK, I HAVE overlooked something, me stupid. From day one I had the Yamaha DXR10 on output 1, so I had to connect the monitors to output 2. With a swap of the outputs I can now play to our youtube videos with the FM3 using the same set of monitors. There is a lot to learn...
Great unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom