FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

I didn’t pay attention with 1.04 but is it normal all the factory’s recto presets are almost touching the CPU limit (78%-80%) with 1.05 ?
did you load the new presets ?
This and check the quality setting in the reverb block. I'm not in front of my FM3 to check that particular preset, but I think there were still a handful of factory presets that probably should have the reverb quality set to Economy.

Yep these are the ones installed. They came installed with 1.04 fw when I received my fm3.

One more point I try to send a cab file converted from axe 2 xl to fm3 with fractalbot to user bank 1. It got imported but cab remain with empty name and can’t be renamed because seen as empty by the system. I succeed by doing drag and drop Of the file directly with fm3-edit cab manager.

I've had trouble doing a "saveas" by double-clicking on the new preset number. If you click on it and then hit OK it works though.

First time poster but I wanted to share some info. First, thanks Fractal! This is the first Fractal unit for me and I was skeptical after trying all the modelers over the years (except Fractal) and even Kemper. I am extremely pleased with the tone I am getting. That said, 1.05 USB to Mac is unusable. Produces static galore. After the first attempt at 1.05, I went back to 1.04 and all is better. Not perfect but much better than 1.05. Last night I tried 1.05 again and had to immediately rollback to 1.04. I know Windows users have reported USB issues and I wanted to convey that OS X users are also having issues. Thanks!

105 is Problem free on my Mac.....as was 104.
You have something else going on.

I am on 10.13.6 high sierra
EDIT, you may be talking about USB Audio, my bad , I thought you meant FM3 Edit.

Last edited:
First time poster but I wanted to share some info. First, thanks Fractal! This is the first Fractal unit for me and I was skeptical after trying all the modelers over the years (except Fractal) and even Kemper. I am extremely pleased with the tone I am getting. That said, 1.05 USB to Mac is unusable. Produces static galore. After the first attempt at 1.05, I went back to 1.04 and all is better. Not perfect but much better than 1.05. Last night I tried 1.05 again and had to immediately rollback to 1.04. I know Windows users have reported USB issues and I wanted to convey that OS X users are also having issues. Thanks!

This is going to be addressed in an upcoming release.

For all those having USB recording issues, we will also address that in the next release.

No Prob's here with OS X , send update when solved

I will wait for the next release and provide an update then. As it stands, no other changes to my setup other than FM3 firmware. 1.04 works, 1.05 doesn't. This is for USB playing/recording.

Back
Top Bottom