FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.05

I was able to identify the reasons behind most (not sure if it's all) of my freezes with the FM3 : using modifiers on amp parameters (gain, volume mostly). Anyone else has experienced this ?

AustinBuddy and Camilo Velandia attach controllers to Cut, Bright, Boost and Fat, and these do not create issues.

yes, these are on/off switches though. I use modifiers with Input Drive/Overdrive/Input Trim/Level etc...

I was able to identify the reasons behind most (not sure if it's all) of my freezes with the FM3 : using modifiers on amp parameters (gain, volume mostly). Anyone else has experienced this ?
This is good troubleshooting info. I suspect the second CPU is getting overloaded. Tagging @BryantP.

Input Drive is a complex calculation and if it's getting called frequently (as it would with a modifier) it could overload the CPU (and possibly cause a stack overflow, I have to think about it a bit).

Actually probably won't cause a stack overflow but the communications task will get starved for resources. If this is what is happening then the unit will still process audio but otherwise be unresponsive.

Does this match your observations?

Thanks Cliff. Yes, absolutely : I still hear my guitar, but the unit doesn't not respond anymore. For example, on a preset, if I decrease the input gain on the Amp (with FC-1 pedal 1), I hear my sound with less distortion, however if I put the exp pedal on max again, I still hear the minimal gain sound, and there's no response anymore from the FM3. If I reboot (a normal one, not holding Home or Edit), after the boot, the screen is blank. After a reboot while holding Home or Edit again, I've lost all my system settings

btw, I already send several mails to support about my findings, but there's timezone differences ;) it's currently 5:55 PM here

Note : it's also happening with presets with less than 70% cpu

btw, I already send several mails to support about my findings, but there's timezone differences ;) it's currently 5:55 PM here

Note : it's also happening with presets with less than 70% cpu
It's the second CPU that's overloading. The CPU % displayed is the primary CPU %.

Rehearsed last night and in the middle of the practice, the unit power cycled? Could have been a power fluctuation? It was in the middle of two songs, so no big deal. Anyone else have this issue? Not connected to any computer. Have a gig tomorrow outdoors and still a bit unsure?
for me, no issues yet. Did a gig out doors and worked great. Rehearsal the other night was fine.

for me, no issues yet. Did a gig out doors and worked great. Rehearsal the other night was fine.

Same! No issues at all with 1.05. My only problem outdoors is I couldn’t find the screen brightness adjustment on the fly. I kept looking on the FC setup page not the Utility setup page. User error!

Thanks so much for that response! I'll sleep better tonight!

If I was going to gig I would not connect the usb to any computer (not that I would anyway... but I’m having weird issues with the footswitches when running the editor)

Someone else seeing this problem?
If I go to the "Per-Preset FC Settings" page on the device and scroll down, the page update does not correspond to the chosen line. I can scroll "out" of the page without causing a scrolling of the display.

Here's a short video:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom