FM3-Edit 1.06.08 (to support fw 8.00 public beta)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM9-Edit 1.06.08 provides support for FM3 firmware 8.00 public beta.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-OSX-v1p06p08.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p06p08.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win32-v1p06p08.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.08
April 10, 2024

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 8.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.13 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 2.00

MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: FM3-Edit version 1.06.08 supports MacOS version 10.13 or newer. The latest Apple development tools support building for 10.13 or newer.

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 8.00
o Added LFO graphs to the Controllers and FLANGER layouts.
o Updated AMP, CHORUS, CONTROLLERS, DELAY, DRIVE, PHASER, and TREMOLO block layouts.
- Redesigned the AMP block's Tone and Authentic pages.
o Added "Gapless" parameter to the Setup / Config page to control Gapless Changes.
o Added layout for "Class-A 30W Brilliant" to the AMP block.
o Updated the AMP block to remove the "Excursion Time" and "Recovery Time" parameters.

* Modified the mixer layouts of the MEGATAP, TENTAP DELAY, DELAY, MULTITAP DELAY, PITCH, PLEX and REVERB blocks.

* New layouts for the REVERB block.

* Added confirmation dialog to the Perform View's Clear buttons.

* Grouped the GATE block's Sidechain parameters under a section header.

* Corrected a bug in the Manage Presets menu "Reset amp blocks" in which the bypass state was not being preserved.

* Corrected a block library bug in which a single-channel block library file would not write to channel D of the selected block only when the source and destination parameter count did not match.

I already backed up my FM3 in full as usual before updating. The new version of FM3/9 edit that I am installing for FW8Beta use would it work for FW7 if God forbid I had to roll back to FW7 for some reason or would I need to go and roll back FM3 Edit as well?
I do not anticipate ever having to do this but I would still like to know.
Thank you.

I already backed up my FM3 in full as usual before updating. The new version of FM3/9 edit that I am installing for FW8Beta use would it work for FW7 if God forbid I had to roll back to FW7 for some reason or would I need to go and roll back FM3 Edit as well?
Thank you.
The release notes above says Minimum Firmware Version: 2.00.

Thank you.
It should...

Minor issue found. FM3-Edit is showing "Bias Tremolo" settings on the Amp block. I was surprised and thought maybe it was snuck in there. However, adjusting them does nothing and menu diving on the physical FM3 reveals they are still not available.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 1.33.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 1.33.46 AM.png
    968.6 KB · Views: 22
Some small Bugs:
  • In the preset Leveling window Output 2 is showing a constant level of -4.5dB on all Presets even with no Signal is coming in!
  • The Reverb Block have controls in the Plate and Spring Verbs that ar not in the Hardware Parameter List and dont have an audible function.

Thank you for your hard work, i'm so happy to own this unit and have so much fun with it
Tom

Workaround:
When i put a unconnected Out2 Block in the Grid the displayed Level goes away. I can delete the Block and the Preset Leveling Display shows no signal anymore as it should.
Forgot to say: Setup - Audio - Output config Output 2 Copy setting is "Output 1"

Switching of the SICs with keyboard is not working properly in the Amp block.

Steps: Change "Auto DC Imp" to "Off", click "SIC", select any SIC from the list. Make sure the "SIC" if focused, press Up or Down buttons on the keyboard. Only a few pre-defined SICs will be available instead of all. Can be reproduced on any presets, factory or custom.
FM3 version is 1.06.08, RANF executed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom