FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something weird is going on with mine. I'm hearing the direct sound along with the normal preset tone. Everything was normal before I tried firmware 8. What did I miss?
no idea what you're doing so can't say what you're missing.

I have output 1 connected to two monitor speakers, set to copy L->R. Somehow I'm able to hear stereo on delays when panning repeats. That shouldn't be the case when setting the output to copy L->R, correct? I tried it on multiple presets with the same results.

I don't want to have an extra block to make it work, but input EQ and Bright Cap is a very good idea.

The "Bright Cap", if the amp has it engaged, is a parameter I almost always tweak after I set the "Input Gain" for the amount of distortion I'm looking for and after tuning the BMTPD controls. Sometimes the "Bright Cap" sucks out the life of your tone on certain amps/gain settings and no amount of BMTPD tweaking restores things as effectively, and quickly, as adjusting the "Bright Cap".

GUI Bug on Physical Unit & FM3 Edit:

The Amp Block Input EQ graph doesn't update correctly when switching channels, and appears to only display the previously-selected channel. The parameter does change as expected, but the visual display doesn't reflect the current setting unless you re-select your current channel on FM3 Edit, or adjust the controls.

Attachments

• Amp Input EQ Bug.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
I don't know whether this is a bug: When I use the "5F8 Tweed Normal" amp model and turn both gain pots to zero, I get substantial output from the amp. It sounds as if one of the gain pots is actually set to a value significantly above zero.

wonderful... this was what the FM3 needed. I'm so done.

I've re-arranged my presets to link off from one main empty preset meaning I can access everything from the FC-6, I now have gapless access to 18 of my favourite amplifiers... all that's left is to preset level them this afternoon.

I've kept the exact same effects layout for each amp model.

Scene 1 - Rhythm
Scene 2 - Clean
Scene 3 - Lead 1 (less delay)
Scene 4 - Lead 2 (more delay)
Scene 5 - Whammy
Scene 6 - Talkbox (Formant filter)
Scene 7 - Phaser (on EV-1 modifier)
Scene 8 - Big Delay

this is the same for each Preset, however I now have 4 amp channels with different EQs, low cuts etc, and 4 diff. cabs making the most of each amp, it means I can shape my rhythm and lead tones exactly how I want.

On every preset I've assigned a Hold button taking me back "Home". All that's left is to add some octaver/harmoniser scenes in a new preset.

1714044956455.png

Attachments

• 1714044937572.jpeg
    1714044937572.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 37
I think I spotted an interface bug in the gate block (on fm3-edit) - not sure if this has been mentioned before or if I'm the only one seeing this.

the sidechain section appears twice - once where it should be, and again where the bypass button would normally be.

screenshot:

1714079213164.png

I think I spotted an interface bug in the gate block (on fm3-edit) - not sure if this has been mentioned before or if I'm the only one seeing this.

the sidechain section appears twice - once where it should be, and again where the bypass button would normally be.

screenshot:

View attachment 139412
Confirmed - same here. I posted a link to this in the FM3 Edit thread.

Last edited:
Just updated to the FW8 beta, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I just want to make sure I'm getting this right. I know that all amp blocks are still at their "FW7" modeling after the firmware update, and won't be in the new X-3 modeling until I reset the amp block in each preset. With that in mind:

1) If I go to an amp channel in a preset, copy it to the clipboard, reset the amp block, and then paste the clipboard - will this now be my original amp block settings, but with the new X-3 modeling? And I'd have to save the preset for it to stick?
2) If I copy a preset and save it to a new slot - does this now have an updated amp block with the new modeling?
2) "Upgrade all presets" in the utilities menu - does this automatically change all amp blocks to new Cygnus x-3, while retaining all the exact settings saved in the presets?

Thx all!

Once you update firmware it has the new modeling.

It does not have the newest default amp settings unless you reset the block to default.

Update Presets saves all presets so it is updated with the latest version number for features like gapless changes.

screenshot:

View attachment 139412
I reported this. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom