FM3-Edit 1.06.00 (to support fw 7.00 public beta 1)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM3-Edit 1.06.00 provides support for FM3 firmware 7.00 public beta 1.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-OSX-v1p06p00.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win-v1p06p00.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM3-Edit/FM3-Edit-Win32-v1p06p00.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.06.00
June 27, 2023

Current FM3 Firmware Version: 7.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 2.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 7.00
o Added "Input 1 Gain" to SETUP Config page.
o Added "Treble Shift" control to the USA IIC+ AMP models.
o Added "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." control to the AMP Speaker page.
o Added Dyna-Cab support to the CAB layout.
o Added "4 Band JMPRE-1" layout to the GEQ.
o Added AMP layouts for "Revv Gen" amp models.

• Renamed button "Reset ALL" to "Set all Last" in the Controllers / "CS per Scene" layout.
  • Removed "Master Chorus Rate" and "Master Chorus Depth" from the MULTIDELAY "Quad Tape Delay" layout as they are not on the firmware.

try preset 180 In a Cave Does anyone else get a ticeling/crackeling noise from the CAB block ? All other presets work fine
* see it COMING from the Cab blocks - Room/Air setting - if first Room level is > 0 and the Room Diffusion > 0 = makes the noise*
If one of them is OFF = no noise

in other presets also

Last edited:
? that word is not known to me.
: ) small crackeling rather , like if the buffer size is too low
used the Cave as base for Andy T presets in the forum and they also sound bad now

* see it COMING from the Cab blocks - Room/Air setting - if first Room level is > 0 AND the Room Diffusion > 0 = makes the noise*
If one of them is OFF ( room diffusion) = no noise

Last edited:
I am in bliss with dyna-cab,i've been play by ear for almost 44 years,(yes they hurt a little bit :p) a solo with a dynamic 2 and a Friedman v 30 with a condenser. smokin🔥 thank you fractal

I don't want to speculate (oh, I do), but can we expect AMP2 in FM3?.....

View attachment 122591

Were you kidding? Is this an actual possibility that we may get dual amp capability in FM3?? I imagine it would take up a ton of CPU and wouldn't be able to have quite as many other blocks in there to do so but nonetheless that would be SO friggin' cool of Fractal if so!

Were you kidding? Is this an actual possibility that we may get dual amp capability in FM3?? I imagine it would take up a ton of CPU and wouldn't be able to have quite as many other blocks in there to do so but nonetheless that would be SO friggin' cool of Fractal if so!
Most likely just a bug in the editor...

I don't want to speculate (oh, I do), but can we expect AMP2 in FM3?.....

View attachment 122591
I wouldn't count on it.

Cliff said:
(FM3) "We could potentially do two amp blocks but at reduced quality and I don't want to do that. Part of the problem with other modelers is that they don't oversample enough (and use single-precision in places where you need double-precision). Then you get complaints of artifacts and ear fatigue and all the other things associated with inadequate sample rate and word length. The vast majority of users only use one amp block so we wanted to make something with one very high quality "Ares" amp block." [8]

FAS tried allowing reduced quality on the II so it could support dual Amp blocks, and people complained. They complained because they couldn't have two Amp blocks also. What'cha gonna do then but make an executive decision about how it's gonna be?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom