FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the "Uber Chugger" preset, the "Scooped Recto" scene appears to be incorrectly set to the Energyball amp model instead of the Recto2 Red Modern model.

I knew I should have waited before adding an Output 2 block to all my presets. Oh well, I'm retired. I got time to do it again.

Awesome! In PA until Sunday for baseball tournament with my son. I brought the FM3, Guitar, & laptop. I never could have imagined doing that

As I pondered this sage advice , I realized that during Miami lockdown I got a second FC6 , and as I am soon returning to my Chicago digs (finally) , the two of them can finally meet..Can I get the full OMG 15 experience by chaining the two.? .Is FASLINK used to connect them, or more likely, MIDI..?..seem to recall @Joe Bfstplk using this setup…..
FASLINK and a power adapter is all you need to hook it up, and a modified version of the OMG15 layouts to accommodate the split arrangement. OMG 6+9, Dudes? LOL!

On the "Uber Chugger" preset, the "Scooped Recto" scene appears to be incorrectly set to the Energyball amp model instead of the Recto2 Red Modern model.

Thanks; fixed! I'll re-check all of the presets that went from two amps on Axe-Fx III to one amp on FM3.

I just messed around with the presets. Preset 99 (Studio Clean FM3), Scene 5 Quad Chorus 2 does not sound good. I'm not sure if this is a bug.

Investigating now-- it may be a bug in the MTD related to Master Time being controlled by a Modifier.
@2112 I removed the modifiers from both versions for now. We can take a look at this later.

As I pondered this sage advice , I realized that during Miami lockdown I got a second FC6 , and as I am soon returning to my Chicago digs (finally) , the two of them can finally meet..Can I get the full OMG 15 experience by chaining the two.? .Is FASLINK used to connect them, or more likely, MIDI..?..seem to recall @Joe Bfstplk using this setup…..

Two FC6 units won't exactly be OMG15, but I think you can make it work. You'll want to practice working with "Layout Links" to allows FC6#1 to show switches 1-6 and FC#2 to show switches 7-12 from the same layout. We're here to help if you need it!

I'm getting an FM3 on Saturday.

I'd like to upgrade it to the Cygnus Beta 5 firmware and install these presets.

What's the process/order to do that?

I'm getting an FM3 on Saturday.

I'd like to upgrade it to the Cygnus Beta 5 firmware and install these presets.

What's the process/order to do that?
Download the beta firmware and unzip the file. Run Fractal Bot either by itself or from the Tools menu of FM3 Edit. Choose FM3. Choose Receive mode. Back up your FM3. Choose send mode. Browse to the beta firmware you unzipped. Follow the Fractal Bot instructions (upgrade the firmware. when the device tells you to turn it off and wait 5 seconds then turn back on.) Then still in fractal bot browse to your unzipped new factory presets and select the all banks file.

Download the beta firmware and unzip the file. Run Fractal Bot either by itself or from the Tools menu of FM3 Edit. Choose FM3. Choose Receive mode. Back up your FM3. Choose send mode. Browse to the beta firmware you unzipped. Follow the Fractal Bot instructions (upgrade the firmware. when the device tells you to turn it off and wait 5 seconds then turn back on.) Then still in fractal bot browse to your unzipped new factory presets and select the all banks file.
Awesome, thanks.

Beside the factory preset with the new channel library option will be possibile to have a factory library? I mean for example to have a evh flanger set by the factory so everybody could pick just the block/channel is looking for.

Beside the factory preset with the new channel library option will be possibile to have a factory library? I mean for example to have a evh flanger set by the factory so everybody could pick just the block/channel is looking for.

the factory library are the effect types in the blocks.

Awesome, thanks.
I received my FM3 about 4 weeks ago just in time for all the Cygnus Beta excitement. Everything @TravisG406 stated is correct. The only thing I would advise is spend a little time getting a little familiar with some of the basics. Maybe like me you have been reading the manual while waiting or you are already familiar with the FM3 or FAS in general. In that case you‘re probably good. I don’t mean to make it seem like it’s a huge learning curve, but there are some deep diving with some aspects of the UI. Mainly, don’t put yourself in the position of wondering if there’s something you’re not understanding about the system in general or something with the new Beta. I say this from experience.😉

Edit:
Then again there’s always something to be said for diving in head first and realizing the water is freezing. It keeps you on your toes.😳

Last edited:
the factory library are the effect types in the blocks.
Yes but i can choose for example multidelay block not circular delay in the block.. What i m saying is a library made by fractal where i can find for example the jerry cantrell wah already set by factory..

I received my FM3 about 4 weeks ago just in time for all the Cygnus Beta excitement. Everything @TravisG406 stated is correct. The only thing I would advise is spend a little time getting a little familiar with some of the basics. Maybe like me you have been reading the manual while waiting or you are already familiar with the FM3 or FAS in general. In that case you‘re probably good. I don’t mean to make it seem like it’s a huge learning curve, but there are some deep diving with some aspects of the UI. Mainly, don’t put yourself in the position of wondering if there’s something you’re not understanding about the system in general or something with the new Beta. I say this from experience.😉

Edit:
Then again there’s always something to be said for diving in head first and realizing the water is freezing. It keeps you on your toes.😳
I owned/gigged an Axe-FX Ultra 10+ years ago. Can't remember if Axe-Edit was out back then. Seems like updates were done via midi in those days. Glad to hear its not done that way anymore.

Since then I've used Helix Floor/Native since around the time they came out, so general modeling workflow concepts are familiar to me. Hoping I can leverage that experience to dive in with the FM3.

Last edited:
I owned/gigged an Axe-FX Ultra 10+ years ago. Can't remember if Axe-Edit was out back then. Seems like updates were done via midi in those days. Glad to hear its not done that way anymore.

Since then I've used Helix Floor/Native since around the time they came out, so general modeling workflow concepts are familiar to me. Hoping I can leverage that experience to dive in with the FM3.
Yep, you’ll be good!

I have a good bit of experience with MFX processors and tech in general, but been out of the loop for a few years and this is my first real experience with an all modeling setup. I’ve been shaking some of cobwebs loose the last couple weeks.😉

Does using the "all banks" overwrite bank D? (I have my own dialed in presets in the 500 range of presets)

Using "All Banks" overwrites only the number of presets in the banks that you are loading. All my own presets above 383 remain intact, as they were when I saved them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom