FM3 Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C - Preview 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to install the Fractal Factory Presets, Austin Buddy Presets and Fremen Pink Floyd presets at the same time.

Is it possible to increase the Preset capacity of FM3? Or is there a hardware limitation on number of Presets?

I'd like to install the Fractal Factory Presets, Austin Buddy Presets and Fremen Pink Floyd presets at the same time.

Is it possible to increase the Preset capacity of FM3? Or is there a hardware limitation on number of Presets?
There are 512 presets, impossible to use more.

Friends, Fans, and Forumites:

Preview 2 of Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C for Cygnus on the FM3 are here. These are completely dialed in to showcase the latest and greatest features of the FM3 and Cygnus Amp Modeling. With these new banks installed, you won't need to worry about any kind of reset — simply install and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...p0/FM3_factory_preset_banks_v4p0-preview2.zip

The easiest way to install is to use the "All Banks" file, included in the zip.

IMPORTANT: These banks require the latest FM3 firmware version 4 beta 5, currently available here.
The names of the files of the preview 1 were these:
preview 1 names.png

The names of the files of the preview 2 are these:
preview 2 names.png

It seems to miss "-p2b" at the end of the name. As you always assign file names correctly, I just want to highlight this small detail in the case these were not the correct files to upload.

Love the new preview2. Great work! Enjoying every moment with the new Beta5.
However, just checking, maybe it's just me, but on preset 039 "ODS-100" I get a CPULimit - Muted on scene 5, 6 & 7.
Haven't found any issues on other presets yet.

Maybe my question is not clear enough. I try it again.

In the preview 1, the OP explained there were several presets not finished.

In this preview 2, the OP don't say if all presets are finished or not.

I am asking if the presets of this preview 2 are all finished, and then, if the "target" of this preview is that we can play them and see if there is something wrong or not.

These presets are finished. The reason they're a preview is that firmware 4.0 is still in beta. Of course this also leaves room for any small fixes. For example, someone emailed me that in one scene in one preset, a MultiDelay block was turned off in the Axe-Fx III version and on in the FM3 version. This is no reason to delay installing these new tones which bring out the best in the FM3 running Cygnus firmware.

Love the new preview2. Great work! Enjoying every moment with the new Beta5.
However, just checking, maybe it's just me, but on preset 039 "ODS-100" I get a CPULimit - Muted on scene 5, 6 & 7.
Haven't found any issues on other presets yet.

We will take a look at that. I do believe that CPU use changed ever so slightly across the beta versions, so presets or scenes that were fine before and have not been touched (like the one above) may need a quick re-check.

Wow - so far these are really sweet! Lots of scenes per preset - don't just demo the first one loaded, check them all out. I think I now will have 512 favorites (x5 scenes)...

Speaking of scenes, I know that I am largely responsible for the popularity of the OMG9, which is based on my own rig, but while building these FM3 presets, I used the OMG15, which allows easier access to all eight scenes. If you were ever on the fence about an FC12, this update is a really good incentive to add one to your FM3.

Speaking of scenes, I know that I am largely responsible for the popularity of the OMG9, which is based on my own rig, but while building these FM3 presets, I used the OMG15, which allows easier access to all eight scenes. If you were ever on the fence about an FC12, this update is a really good incentive to add one to your FM3.
As I pondered this sage advice , I realized that during Miami lockdown I got a second FC6 , and as I am soon returning to my Chicago digs (finally) , the two of them can finally meet..Can I get the full OMG 15 experience by chaining the two.? .Is FASLINK used to connect them, or more likely, MIDI..?..seem to recall @Joe Bfstplk using this setup…..

Preset 38 ODS-100 scene 5 "Tasty Pre +Room" gives CPU limit warning and mutes the FM3, this doesn't solve changing to previous scene, I have to change preset to make the others scenes work again.
Could someone confirm this?

Thanks

Preset 38 ODS-100 scene 5 "Tasty Pre +Room" gives CPU limit warning and mutes the FM3, this doesn't solve changing to previous scene, I have to change preset to make the others scenes work again.

Thanks

Yes, known.

The issue was that the preamp in the cab block was set to high quality. This has been fixed and a new version of the banks will be posted today at about 1PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom