Black Strat

Hello there,
the last days I spent some hours to figure out a tone with my FM3, which matches the iconic Floods Outro from Pantera. There are some presets already on the internet but either not quite identical or not for the FM3. So i figured I make my own... Now I play with a Strat with humbuckers into the FM3 and directly into a speaker.
For this preset to sound right I used 0 TONE and 7 on VOLUME with humbucker pickup. Tuning is something around 425Hz D Standard or 440Hz between C# standard and D standard but far more to C#. Just slightly higher.

As amp I chose the FAS modern II with two 4x12 IRs. The full signal chain is shared in a picture below, but before I share the preset I want y'alls opinion on what could be improved tonewise to match it exactly? In my humble opinion it's pretty close, not 100% close but the closest I was able to get. Eventually playing technique is what makes it sound perfect. But maybe there are some things you know that Dimebag used and that work for the FM3 like a better amp or slightly better settings in amp/cabs/delay/reverb/chorus/filter or EQ.

You can hear one quick record without background noise and one with the rain background. Please excuse some little mistakes, I'm still learning and it was just a quick recording to show you guys. Any tips especially for the fast high double notes are really appreciated as thats difficult to me.

PRESET IS NOW PUBLISHED AND AVAILABLE UNDER FM3 PRESET EXCHANGE

Floods Outro tone with backing noise:

clean:

This is the tone I tried to imitate:

floods preset.png

Attachments

• floods cabs.png
    floods cabs.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 7
  • floods EQ.png
    floods EQ.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi,
Can you please upload the patch syx file, so we can easily test it out on our units?
Great job btw, tone is spot on (or pretty close), and the playing is also solid, you should get it soon enough (if you didn't already) ;)

Hi,
Can you please upload the patch syx file, so we can easily test it out on our units?
Great job btw, tone is spot on (or pretty close), and the playing is also solid, you should get it soon enough (if you didn't already) ;)
Thank you very much and absolutely, the reason I haven't already uploaded it right away was because I was not sure if this is the "final" version. But if many of you think it's good enough I will upload it now. If not today then tomorrow latest.

Hi,
Hi again, preset is shared under FM3 preset exchange, my account isn't allowed to post links yet but you'll find it. Enjoy! :)

Back
Top Bottom