First post - lots of axe fx recordings - ambient/prog/djent/

Sora01

Re: First post - lots of axe fx recordings - ambient/prog/dj

Sora01 said:
Hey guys, this is my first ever post here, came here in hopes for learning some more helpful tips on my axe fx.

I have made many recordings since early 2009 with my axe fx, hopefully you all enjoy them as much as I did making them

http://www.myspace.com/bleedingskies1

and also these

http://www.myspace.com/entrosolet

There are also a collection of youtube video which I have posted up with myself performing these songs

http://www.youtube.com/user/slash01

Hope you enjoy!-D

Sick stuff!!!!

I totally dig "You are (not) alone"! What amp/cab are you using on that? Its an awesome song by the way!!!

Do you have that track for download?

Definitely hear that "Periphery, Tesseract, etc..." influence in most of the songs and riffs (a lot of these types popping up now a days :? ). One thing I will say is that I actually like your production a bit more that the one on Periphery's up coming album!!! Especially on "The place promised in our early days"... Keep it up, but definitely try to add your own flavor as much as you can.

Nice work, dude - You got great production skills :)
Downloading your stuff from Soundclick as I type.

Thankyou guys!

D20 said:
Sick stuff!!!!

I totally dig "You are (not) alone"! What amp/cab are you using on that? Its an awesome song by the way!!!

Do you have that track for download?

I was using the FAS Modern with the German 4x12 I think! Kinda wierd mid range to the tone I use, but it's controllable in post processing.

mortega76 said:
Definitely hear that "Periphery, Tesseract, etc..." influence in most of the songs and riffs (a lot of these types popping up now a days :? ). One thing I will say is that I actually like your production a bit more that the one on Periphery's up coming album!!! Especially on "The place promised in our early days"... Keep it up, but definitely try to add your own flavor as much as you can.

I totally agree! I love this sort of music! But I am trying not to always go for the stereotypical djent all the time :D

soularflair said:
Nice work, dude - You got great production skills :)
Downloading your stuff from Soundclick as I type.

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

Sounds fantastic!

The tone on "You Lied" is godly. What are your settings? Any post processing? That's an amazing sound.

What's the white thing around the neck-nut area?

Holy shit, sounds great man. Keep it up! I'm a fan.

Thanks guys! You flatter me! aha

Sidivan said:
Sounds fantastic!

The tone on "You Lied" is godly. What are your settings? Any post processing? That's an amazing sound.

It's still the fas modern and german 4x12

also i use a ts808 drive at the beginning of the chain, all the post processiing is ruby tube, trackplug 5 and a little low mid compression.

I use my schecter c-7 atx with blackouts, which tends to be pretty dark and thick, so alot of treble is used on the fas.

diggi said:

That is to stop ringing from behind the nut from being recorded, the pickups are really sensitive to every sound.

Some of the best axefx tones i've ever listened too..

Awesome stuff there mate..............

Nice, I like a lot the sound of guitars (AWESOME), drums, etc... but I dont like vocals :S

Sora01 said:
diggi said:

That is to stop ringing from behind the nut from being recorded, the pickups are really sensitive to every sound.

Right, I understand. But is a specific device, or is white tape and some dampening material? Also, it looks to be in front of the nut, or is it "over" the nut?

Cool stuff mate!

also i use a ts808 drive at the beginning of the chain, all the post processiing is ruby tube, trackplug 5 and a little low mid compression.

Could you elaborate? I'm not familiar with Ruby Tube or Trackplug. Could you post a quick recording of what it sounds like without the post processing? or share the patch? or both? :D That's seriously the best tone I've heard come from the Axe.

great stuff! it's amazing to hear just how much meshuggah has influenced the newer crop of proggy metal bands that are coming out lately.

diggi said:
Sora01 said:
diggi said:

Right, I understand. But is a specific device, or is white tape and some dampening material? Also, it looks to be in front of the nut, or is it "over" the nut?

Cool stuff mate!

It's just some white tape.

Just behind it, or well, as you say, infront, not on the first fret though.
Sidivan said:

Could you elaborate? I'm not familiar with Ruby Tube or Trackplug. Could you post a quick recording of what it sounds like without the post processing? or share the patch? or both? :D That's seriously the best tone I've heard come from the Axe.

Sorry, I can't find the old project in amongst all the stuff i have, haha, i really should name stuff more appropriately :?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the comments! :mrgreen:

Just like all the rest of these Meshuggah babies... They don't like to share their patches and they always play the FAS Modern & German cab with SD 2.0... Someone call Aunt Gemima... We got a cookie cutter here... ;) :D

auntjem.jpg

Either way, great production!!!

Judging by all the great feedback, you are obviously producing music that (at least the folks here) like to hear. That cannot be diminished in any way. I suspect (reasonably I believe) that you've had great feedback on other music/ guitar forums as well.

The djenty sound movement is taking root around the world, I for one want to hear as much of it as is original to the artist and genre.

I'd say you're well on your way to solidifying your works as part of that movement. (Remember the British Invasion and other genre's/ movements that preceded this?, I do, and IMHO, this is no different)

We shall see, yes?

Good stuff!!

~ peace

Back
Top Bottom