First post - lots of axe fx recordings - ambient/prog/djent/

Re: First post - lots of axe fx recordings - ambient/prog/dj

mortega76 said:
Just like all the rest of these Meshuggah babies... They don't like to share their patches and they always play the FAS Modern & German cab with SD 2.0... Someone call Aunt Gemima... We got a cookie cutter here... ;) :D

auntjem.jpg

Either way, great production!!!

hate to be negative , great production and these types always seem to have great skills/chops etc
but it really makes me wondering which bandwagon they were on before they jumped on the djent

I have to say the djent stuff is least original stuff I've heard in a long time....karnivool is a band that took elements and made it there own sound, not just meshuggah v2

Well before i heard bulb quite a while ago now, I used to play alot of chimaira and megadeth etc...I guess I was on the thrash metal and groove metal bandwagon right? :p

I think djent is an interesting music genre, sure when people just use alot of opens throughout the song in a wierd time signature, it can get boring. There are alot of people who do that still. But it's just like when thrash started up, and the generic bands in the genre just used powerchords the whole song with palm muted triplets.

Djent has this ability to enable you play with the low notes and throw in some really cool sounding higher stuff, for example one of the riffs on "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdH7bbO7Dfg" by myself has a riff where all 7 strings of the guitar are used.

Slides and tapping are also defenetly not out of reach for this genre. It encorporates so many wonderful techniques, even getting that "djent" sound takes a certain type of picking to get it properly, the finnesse required in some of the songs just makes it even more interesting to me and I enjoy playing it because of this.

Hey there Sora... Don't worry about us haters... Just make the best and most meaningful songs you can make, no matter the genre. If it means writing riffs that are influenced by Messhugah, EVH and Anime... Then knock yourself out. Don't forget the heavy to singing melodic voices with crazy ass harmonies. Which I for one love... No one outside of Casey Sabol (his original lighter stuff is nowhere as catchy) has been able to pull those off with such ferocity.

TS808 into the FAS Modern into the German cab playing Messhuggah with EVH and Anime Clean riffs... Followed by singing angelic harmonies and screaming demon growls... Programmer with SD 2.0 drums = djent. :D

EVH, you mean eddie van halen? Never even listened to the guys music properly haha.

And i really didn't know everyone used fas modern and german 4x12 with ts808 o_O crazy

Ignore the critics, and do what you do with honesty and conviction!

paparazzi was brilliant... will listen to the other stuff..

I am really digging "Let Me Go" -

The thing I can't (personally) get past is how much it sounds like my friend Paul Ortiz's work as "Chimpspanner".

Your mix is really fantastic, and the emotion of the songs is defiantly front and center. I love the melodies very much.

Are you using Cubase 5, Pro Tools, or something else? I ask because sharing some of your mixing knowledge with some of the new guys here would help them out in a big way.

Love your music mate!

Gotta re-bump this.
This stuff is the shizzle.

I really like the bleeding skies stuff .. man you can play :p hands down :cool:

Tybalt said:
Gotta re-bump this.
This stuff is the shizzle.
Thanks for bumping this... Otherwise, I never would have found it. Dude you are my long lost brother... music inspired by Misha+Anime = Win!

Amazing songs and realy great play :eek: ... too bad that you do not share your patches :lol: :twisted: ... never mind ... i hope you ll go your way ... btw your nick is inspired by naruto ?? :p

Greatz from da germany

Back
Top Bottom