First Impressions of the AX8 - Like being given the -Keys To The Lamborghini-

Morning all,
unboxing and demo of the AX8.jpg

-Not a reader check out the video-

Only a week in, but the only thing I keep thinking is why didn’t I take the plunge sooner.

I’ve been on the fence about buying any Fractal for years, I don’t think it was the price I think it was more so me holding back and thinking that it wouldn’t be as good as everything I’ve been hearing.

Since the release of the AX8, I have been seeing more and more of my favourite artists touring with them. Hero’s of mine touring with a guitar and the ax8 in the case, it blows my mind to have that many amps and fx in should a small package.

I finally took the plunge…….and it is better than I could have ever hoped for!
The stock presets blew my ear holes wide open and that was before changing cabs, tweaking and dialling in.

The leave of detail in the manipulation of the software is incredible, it is so ridiculously detailed, everything is thought of and set out in a logically way. I have a printed version of the pdf, there is so much to know, I foresee many nights of testing and reading.

Weekends are booked with friends coming over to hear the AX8 through monitors and cabinets alike, I never had a friend that owned one I think that could have been holding me back a little as well, not being able to test one out first.

The biggest feeling I get is that I have been handed the keys to something magical, like the willy Wonka factory or slippers to get to Oz. It might sound crazy but coming from two amps and a handful of pedals to a treasure trove of tone has really opened my eyes and ears to what I am missing.

The tone from each amp model is ridiculously good, highly useable and further tweaking just gets them closer and closer to the real thing.

If there is anyone lurking this forum (like I was) and is on the fence, just do it, get a second job like I did and find a way to make it happen.
Currently re-amping my first instrumental EP, with gigging with the AX8 on my sights for the end of the year, I could not be happier!

Thank you to the team at Fractal for making such a well thought out and detailing product and thank you to my fellow forumites for the wealth of knowledge I have been swimming through.

Pat

I've had my hands on one for a few days now and I'll say this: I have not played this much guitar in years! Not really sure if I'm ever going to abandon real amps, but I'm somewhat convinced its solely due to romanticism and not necessity. I've played a lot of modelers, all the way back to the original red kidney bean. This one? It actually sounds good.

Welcome Pat (and you too Bruce). Or should I say g'day Pat and yo Bruce. Been using FAS gear since 2010. Nevah going back. Nevahhh.

Welcome Pat! I’ve had my AX8 for a couple of years and I’m still amazed.

I don't know how or why I resisted for so long!

I've had my hands on one for a few days now and I'll say this: I have not played this much guitar in years! Not really sure if I'm ever going to abandon real amps, but I'm somewhat convinced its solely due to romanticism and not necessity. I've played a lot of modelers, all the way back to the original red kidney bean. This one? It actually sounds good.

I've had the eleven rack for a long time, but this is a different ball game altogether!

Welcome Pat (and you too Bruce). Or should I say g'day Pat and yo Bruce. Been using FAS gear since 2010. Nevah going back. Nevahhh.

And G'day to you too John!

I have quite a collection of amps. Hand wired fender combo, 3 100w friedmans, Metropolous, Mezzabarba, Boogie, A silver jube and a few others. I'm never getting rid of them, they sound great! The AX8 holds its own for sure.

Welcome to the party! You’ve taken your first step into a larger world!

It's overwhelmingly massive, thank you!

Another Aussie joins the fold! Welcome!

Have you got one Andy?

I have quite a collection of amps. Hand wired fender combo, 3 100w friedmans, Metropolous, Mezzabarba, Boogie, A silver jube and a few others. I'm never getting rid of them, they sound great! The AX8 holds its own for sure.

It's the perfect partner for amps, my Aussie custom amps won't be going anywhere, but the AX8 makes every so easy

Pretty big knife there Pat.....
Welcome.

"You can that a knife?!"
Thank you!

Have you got one Andy?

I've got an Axe-Fx Mk II, but it's pretty much the same thing in terms of core tones and effects. Best purchase I think I've ever made! Just about to bite the bullet on a proper FRFR speaker to go with it. What are you running the AX8 through at the moment?

Welcome to the candy store!
I like that you inmediatelly took away the screen plastic cover: Ax8 is here to stay!
Yeah, I was on the fence for a while...jump on it is a great decision, we work hard and we deserve it.
Glad to have you onboard

I've got an Axe-Fx Mk II, but it's pretty much the same thing in terms of core tones and effects. Best purchase I think I've ever made! Just about to bite the bullet on a proper FRFR speaker to go with it. What are you running the AX8 through at the moment?

Nice one! I think in the long run I'll get a FRFR as well for now, just straight to logic and Krk 5's but hopefully this week I'll get it running through my MI Audio amp and cab!

He's an Aussie. "That's not a knife"......

Nailed it!

Welcome Pat! And Bruce!

Thanks mate!

Congratulations dude, great video!

Thank you for checking it out!

Welcome to the candy store!
I like that you inmediatelly took away the screen plastic cover: Ax8 is here to stay!
Yeah, I was on the fence for a while...jump on it is a great decision, we work hard and we deserve it.
Glad to have you onboard

100% my friend the only way I could see it going anywhere is if it breaks, even if a AX Series 2 were to come out so many of my favourite albums have been recorded with the axe 2, this ax8 is here to stay as my live rig

2:30 into the video. plastic taken off screen. Good work mate! ;)

It's really going to be put through the paces, as a work horse I am astounded by the quality

Welcome to the party - it's a great bit of kit that you'll keep on enjoying

Thanks mate!

Reference to Batio? Keys to the Lambo!

Haha that would have been much better to say, love it

Back
Top Bottom