First gig

imselln

I'm using my fm9 tonight for my first time and I'm freaking out.
I play out about 6or7 times a month. Long time tube amp user. I'm excited about carrying less gear but I'm nervous something will go wrong with the fm9.

I just would like to hear some people tell me that I have nothing to worry about.

Thanks

if it worked at home or rehearsal, it will work at the gig.

you may have to adjust some EQ for the venue, but that is typical for any instrument or gear ever.

have fun, don't worry about the gear. play the songs. play the guitar.

Hi @imselln
I have found fractal gear to be some of the most reliable I have owned. Having said that, a backup is really the only effective way to be safe. Grab an fm3 and stick it in the glove box. That way, you’ll be safe in the worst case, and can go to the car, grab your backup, and get back to business.
Thanks
Pauly

I play out about 6or7 times a month. Long time tube amp user. I'm excited about carrying less gear but I'm nervous something will go wrong with the fm9.

I just would like to hear some people tell me that I have nothing to worry about.

Thanks

Thanks
How'd it go?

It's easy to imagine things not going exactly as planned at just about any gig...but when you're using gear that you're less familiar with and perhaps less confident on, the odds may be a bit higher. That said, I've been gigging Fractal for about 5 years now and I have never had a piece of Fractal gear fail. Not once. I've had a problem with a cable here or there...but never any Fractal gear.

I've found that when I move to a new type of modeling amp, the learning curve is almost always higher than with a different tube amp...but this is because modeling amps are typically MUCH deeper AND wider in terms of features and functions. So it typically takes me several gigs before I really start feeling comfortable. Of course...YMMV.

Well. It went great. Tons of compliments from the band and fans. But most importantly the other musicians in the crowd commented that my tone was excellent.
Had to do a little tweaking here and there but I'm happy with the results. Now if I can just get used to the way it sounds on stage verses a normal amp set up.

Thanks Guys

What are you hearing it through and where is it located compared to where you normally put your amp?

House PA monitors vary, which is why I've always brought my own FRFR or a Marshall cab and power amp. The only way I would go without them is if it was a venue whose system I liked and sound guy I trusted. But, playing in an all original rock band opening for nationals, we usually have to 'throw & go' so I bring my own stuff.

Back
Top Bottom