First Fly Gig w/FM9

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
Just finished sound check; first ever real gig using the FM9. Both the monitor and front of house engineers told me that the guitar sound was awesomely amazing and that they didn't have to do anything to it. I came in not knowing how they were going to react to it. Major relief.20240705_142320.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished sound check; first ever real gig using the FM9. Both the monitor and front of house engineers told me that the guitar sound was awesomely amazing and that they didn't have to do anything to it. I came in not knowing how they were going to react to it. Major relief.
Congrats on getting a great live sound (and one that two sound people didn’t have any problems with). Do you have a preset you can share? I haven’t taken mine out for a live gig either. Be nice to hear yours on my system. No worries if you can’t.

Congrats on getting a great live sound (and one that two sound people didn’t have any problems with). Do you have a preset you can share? I haven’t taken mine out for a live gig either. Be nice to hear yours on my system. No worries if you can’t.
When I get back, I'll share a preset.

Although they used the FM9 direct outs to the FOH, they also ran the full FM9 signal to a Marshall half stack for on-stage volume (via the effect return). This was the first time in decades that I've had a cab behind me. WOW, I forgot how great it is to have a cab slamming me with air from behind (even though I use IEMs). I'll be bummed when I no longer have a backline company providing it for me. No way can I carry one myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom