Firmware Version 10.10 Now Available

Some of my presets clip momentarily when sweeping the wah aggressively...Is a short occasional clip worth worrying about?
Clipping won't hurt anything but your tone. A brief clip here and there might not even be audible.

On the other hand, clipping doesn't do anything beneficial, so I keep all my levels low enough that the clip light never comes on. Then I don't have to wonder whether it's affecting my sound.

Just read the notes BRAVO please upgrade mine too the latest when it arrives Tex Axe.

To quote a very famous car salesman "I feel it in my plums".

So many improvements on the amps in v.10.0x already ... So happy, you work on the effect section again!
Wah & Reverbs are a good starting point and you adress important details, like sound and "tweakability".
Can't get enough ...

Some of my presets clip momentarily when sweeping the wah aggressively - I think I'd have to drop ALL presets by 2-3 Db to get this under control.

Is a short occasional clip worth worrying about?

Yeah, that's what a wah does, boosts certain frequencies. Generally, 6 dB is twice (rise) or half (drop) as loud, so 3 dB seems right for the level increase of a wah effect. Yeah, I've been wondering where to put my output levels too. I think around -9 dB is a good buffer; up to -6 dB if you need it and down to -12 dB for the beginnings of faint sounds.

Yeah, Lead 1 Red sounds nothing like a Recto. There's nothing special about that mode. You're better off using a Recto or 5150 model.

Petrucci used it per 1994:He used a version 2 with the original recto curcuit, not Phat mod

2)Main Distortion Channel:
Preamp Mode: Lead 1 Red
Gain: 6
Treble: 6
Middle: 6
Bass: 4.5
Lead 1 Drive: 4.5
Lead 2 Drive: 0
Master: 4
Presence: 6.5
Dynamic Voice: 6.5
Power Amps set on Deep And Modern

Last edited:
Yeah, Lead 1 Red sounds nothing like a Recto. There's nothing special about that mode. You're better off using a Recto or 5150 model.

If Lead 1 Red (with Recto board) sounds nothing like a Recto, then what model in the Axe II does it sound the most like? How would I be better off using a Recto model if the L1R sounds nothing like it? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just looking for the best model to start with to get the Lead 1 Red tone.

Back
Top Bottom