Firmware Version 10.02 Now Available

Cliff, may you be granted the gift of 99 virgins upon your entry into the afterlife...

Actually, you shouldn't have to wait, you should get them now...

Well, maybe not 99 virgins, at least a few experienced ones to show the others the ropes...

(if there's no objection from the missus)....

I'm going to stop typing...

I've just tried Tone Matching, and it still sounds bad... I don't know why, but it seems to me that the problem is still here.
Also, very interstingly, if I do the matching and go to another page and come back to the Capture page, both graphs seem to be different to what I've originally matched to... what's going on?

I've just tried Tone Matching, and it still sounds bad... I don't know why, but it seems to me that the problem is still here.
Also, very interstingly, if I do the matching and go to another page and come back to the Capture page, both graphs seem to be different to what I've originally matched to... what's going on?

I've never been able to get tone matching to work on any version. There is always a lack of clarity and added tightness and then when you play something different than the original matched song you can tell there are some weird artifacts and other slight noise. As if a blanket was placed on the amp/cab. I usually try with clean tones, not big distortion tones. I find I can come close enough without tone matching and the clarity is amazing.

Cliff, thank you for v10. It's incredible. I don't need tone matching, but it would be great if it worked as well as a regular amp/cab set up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I've tried many times with good clips into USB and the graphs are the same as I can get in Logic with the Ozone plugin. So the graphs are working. But the output is muddled.

I've never been able to get tone matching to work on any version. There is always a lack of clarity and added tightness and then when you play something different than the original matched song you can tell there are some weird artifacts and other slight noise. As if a blanket was placed on the amp/cab. I usually try with clean tones, not big distortion tones. I find I can come close enough without tone matching and the clarity is amazing.

Cliff, thank you for v10. It's incredible. I don't need tone matching, but it would be great if it worked as well as a regular amp/cab set up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I've tried many times with good clips into USB and the graphs are the same as I can get in Logic with the Ozone plugin. So the graphs are working. But the output is muddled.

I had great success with tone matching in V9, and I loved but, it since V10 it's practically useless to me, and 10.02 didn't fix this :(

What results to you get? Similar to mine?

Yes, I definitely had that "blanket" thing going on, but not as much as to bother me. I could usually dial it out with some tweaking and also on the sounds I was tone matching to (usually higher gain lead sounds) that kind of muddiness didn't matter to me. But now... gosh, considering how important was and is tone matching to me now I'm considering reverting to V9 until this gets resolved... :(

Yes, I definitely had that "blanket" thing going on, but not as much as to bother me. I could usually dial it out with some tweaking and also on the sounds I was tone matching to (usually higher gain lead sounds) that kind of muddiness didn't matter to me. But now... gosh, considering how important was and is tone matching to me now I'm considering reverting to V9 until this gets resolved... :(

Are you using axe edit at all when you do this? Try it 100% front panel only and leave axe edit turned off until you are finished. If you have tried it this way and are still having the same issues then I don't know whats wrong for you.

Let us know.

Are you using axe edit at all when you do this? Try it 100% front panel only and leave axe edit turned off until you are finished. If you have tried it this way and are still having the same issues then I don't know whats wrong for you.

Let us know.

Yes, AE is off for sure.

I got really good TM results in V9 too, created some patches I loved but haven't been able to recreate these patches in 10 yet. I think somebody from Fractal confirmed
this issue a while back I think and said it would be fixed in a point release like this one...but maybe not THIS point release I guess?

whenever I used tone matching in the past the only thing was different for me was volume differences.. and some low end.

I'm going to update to 10.02 and try to create a TM patch again using only the front panel. I'm happy to believe it's "ME" not doing something
correctly in the TM process. In the past though, it's been easy for me to create a good-match, that's why I suspected V10. RONJONES2020, if
you're getting good TM results using the front-panel, this is good news to me.

I had great success with tone matching in V9, and I loved but, it since V10 it's practically useless to me, and 10.02 didn't fix this :(

Do patches created in pre version 10 still work or are they all hosed? I have several super important tone matches that I can't be without in my line of work so I'm hoping it only means that TM doesn't work well for new matches but supports previous matches. Fingers crossed...

Do patches created in pre version 10 still work or are they all hosed? I have several super important tone matches that I can't be without in my line of work so I'm hoping it only means that TM doesn't work well for new matches but supports previous matches. Fingers crossed...

Didn't sound the same for me.

Back
Top Bottom