Firmware v12?

Here are the latest FW12 leaks...

The new "If You Can Imagine It, You Will Get It" sound creation system. This little accessory will also eliminate the use for Axe-Edit and MFC-101. Suggested retail price around 25USD.

:)
So if I can imagine a shredding solo that morphs the styles of Satriani, Django, and Philip Glass, this device will make me able to create that w/ FW12?!!??!

Sign me up!

v12 is going to be supreme.

Cliff and I had a little talk this week after I came back from working with one of the biggest rock bands yet.
I had a little idea that I thought would be really cool, but really challenging. He emailed me a bit later.

"Done. 30 minutes."

This is why I love working at/with/for Fractal.

I really want to work with a company like this. LOL!

If you need anyone...... ;) :p

Cliff bought a Boss HM-2 pedal recently, so there is the possibility of that.

Cliff could just as well introduce the suck-parameter found on the cartoons of the sound guys, but I guess the inclusion of the modelled HM-2 would silence a few voices

And a butler tube driver with bias mod.

Now that is much more interesting - I loved the Butler Tube Driver I once had

Here are the latest FW12 leaks...

The new "If You Can Imagine It, You Will Get It" sound creation system. This little accessory will also eliminate the use for Axe-Edit and MFC-101. Suggested retail price around 25USD.

:)

149 USD with rock star wig included for that certain stage presence and to hide your secret sonic weapon

So, is the Gene Simmons model, with the electrodes that go to the "groinal area" extra? He told Bruce Kulick, you don't play guitar with your fingers...you play with your ****!"

So, that's what Gene's been doing wrong, all these years!!!!

For me, I don't really care about new firmware anymore. Everything is so good after 11.00 that I lost my interest in updates. I still have loads to explore in all the new amps and other goodies. Everything sounds so good I just stay on the same patch for hours.

I have been wondering lately why I keep visiting the forum to see what's new. The general state of AX-Excellence has taken all the meaning out of this daily, work-day procrastination break. If Fractal can put that back into 12, great! Otherwise, I hope you all have a great, restful, holiday season and take a break (with all due respect to those jonesing for updates).

I TOTALLY agree! If there never was another update I still would not live long enough to explore all the possibilities.
But I do understand the community here - I feel the people here are something other than Billy playing guitar in his bedroom.
This is a community of uber tweaking guitar geeks (like myself). We always want more, more, more, more, more..........

ya know, I kind of agree with these last two posts.
since 11.05 came out I find myself visiting this forum a lot less than I used to.
all of the amp models really kick ass now. In earlier releases there always seemed to be one or two that lost something"
not this time around. the Rectos sound killer, the Mark IIc sounds killer
all of the Marshall high gainers sound right on now.
Really interested more in updates to Axe Edit now and this new "UltraRes" IR modeling

And I agree with all 3 of you. LOL!!! I too am visiting less and less due to being extremely happy with what I have so far. You can get so wrapped up in this whole thing that loads of time can slip right away from you. Your chops suffer, you start to lose focus on what a good tone is...and you can actually become counter productive. That is by no means a bash on Fractal or the incredible options we've been given. It's just that...when you are given so many options with so little time due to life being in the way, it's very easy to get so lost you don't know what to do. So like addedc, I stay on 1 sound or a few of my creations for hours just seeing how far I can take them. Even there....so much time can pass that I spend more time fooling around than actually accomplishing something.

So though these added options are incredible and great to have, if we're not careful, we can spend too much time doing "lab work" and literally hinder ourselves. At this point, I'm praying to get off of the MFC list and actually get the new pedal for this more than any firmware update. I've been on the list since August and haven't received any info since the mail that said I was on the list. No offense to the guys upstairs, but it sure is nice to receive a personal letter as to where we are with this thing in case we're not daily forum readers, know what I mean? It's just courteous business in my opinion.

The upcoming firmware version 12.00 gives you the option. From the release notes:
The Amp block “Grid Modeling” parameter has been renamed and repurposed. The new name is “Modeling Mode” and offers four choices:
1. Authentic – Replicates a tube amplifier with the utmost accuracy.
2. Grid Cond Off – Turns off grid conduction modeling in the power amp simulation. This reduces blocking distortion.
3. Ideal – Removes most of the “warts” from the modeling which includes grid conduction, output transformer distortion, bias shifting and AC power supply modeling. Supply sag, screen voltage effects and crossover distortion are still modeled.
4. Ideal/Smooth – Same as #3 but also sets Triode Hardness to its lowest value. This is in essence an ideal preamp plus an ideal power amp.

The effects of these settings are most apparent when the virtual power amp is heavily overdriven (e.g. Master Volume set high). The use of these modes in conjunction with other parameters can yield idealized tones not achievable with real tube amps.

The first two choices duplicate the previous behavior of the deprecated “Grid Modeling” parameter so no changes are required to existing presets.

So, essentially we will be able to reclaim the polished sound of v9/Ultra with the push of a button? Cool!

Can anyone feel the calm?

The calm before the storm....

Perhaps this is a good time to prep
Stock up on ammo, canned dog food, and water. Empty the bank accounts, and seek shelter.

Something wicked this way comes... I can feel it :)

I am REALLY excited to get back the idealized sound in addition to what we have now. I think this will really set the unit apart from any other (even though it's already miles ahead of any other).

I would also like to see a little more work put into the looper function. Don't know if it's possible but having 2 or 3 tracks and a little more time would be great.

Another thing that I hope will come in future firmware is the possibility to have separate Envelope Modulators for dual input instruments, i.e. signal envelope on Input 1 should not affect blocks fed from Input 2 set to modulation by Envelope.

Hey, Per. As a fellow Stickist I'd (A) love to have this functionality for processing both sides of the instrument independently and (B) I'd be even more interested to see what you could do with it. BTW, your new CD is excellent.

Peace!
Karma (from over on the Stickist board)

I would also like to see a little more work put into the looper function. Don't know if it's possible but having 2 or 3 tracks and a little more time would be great.
I'd like the option to have the looper set the global tempo depending on how long loop you make (needs you to set the number of quarter notes/beats in advance as looper preferences; typically "8" for a two bar loop in 4/4, "12" for a four bar loop in 3/4 etc etc)

I am 100% in favour of new
Fw releases. Though the unit is excellent now there are still many feature requests outstanding. It'll be perfect when all the amp and other modeller companies are out of business cuz Axe does them better.

Those who want to get off the bus here don't have to upgrade further, and AE just needs to now keep up with Axe new features control.

The AxeFx seems very much about seeing how far it can go - I love that.

Would love to have a model of the mighty "Korg SDD3000" Delay with the nice hot little pre-amp' and maybe a few more "Two-Rock" type amps' but the Axe 2 has more than I will ever use really' its just me being a geek I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom