Firmware v12?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
I've seen random tidbits about the new firmware, but I'm still not sure what's in it. I figured this might be a good place to consolidate all the rumors lol.

So what's actually coming?

I've seen random tidbits about the new firmware, but I'm still not sure what's in it. I figured this might be a good place to consolidate all the rumors lol.

So what's actually coming?

Firmware 12 is coming. I don't know what will be in it though,maybe a coffee maker? :)

These are the only communications I've seen on the upcoming v12 ....

The upcoming firmware version 12.00 gives you the option. From the release notes:
The Amp block “Grid Modeling” parameter has been renamed and repurposed. The new name is “Modeling Mode” and offers four choices:
1. Authentic – Replicates a tube amplifier with the utmost accuracy.
2. Grid Cond Off – Turns off grid conduction modeling in the power amp simulation. This reduces blocking distortion.
3. Ideal – Removes most of the “warts” from the modeling which includes grid conduction, output transformer distortion, bias shifting and AC power supply modeling. Supply sag, screen voltage effects and crossover distortion are still modeled.
4. Ideal/Smooth – Same as #3 but also sets Triode Hardness to its lowest value. This is in essence an ideal preamp plus an ideal power amp.

The effects of these settings are most apparent when the virtual power amp is heavily overdriven (e.g. Master Volume set high). The use of these modes in conjunction with other parameters can yield idealized tones not achievable with real tube amps.

The first two choices duplicate the previous behavior of the deprecated “Grid Modeling” parameter so no changes are required to existing presets.

I have developed "UltraRes (TM)" cabinet modeling. UltraRes cabinet modeling provides the frequency detail of a very long IR with little or no added processing power requirements.

For me, I don't really care about new firmware anymore. Everything is so good after 11.00 that I lost my interest in updates. I still have loads to explore in all the new amps and other goodies. Everything sounds so good I just stay on the same patch for hours.

I have been wondering lately why I keep visiting the forum to see what's new. The general state of AX-Excellence has taken all the meaning out of this daily, work-day procrastination break. If Fractal can put that back into 12, great! Otherwise, I hope you all have a great, restful, holiday season and take a break (with all due respect to those jonesing for updates).

For me, I don't really care about new firmware anymore. Everything is so good after 11.00 that I lost my interest in updates. I still have loads to explore in all the new amps and other goodies. Everything sounds so good I just stay on the same patch for hours.

I have been wondering lately why I keep visiting the forum to see what's new. The general state of AX-Excellence has taken all the meaning out of this daily, work-day procrastination break. If Fractal can put that back into 12, great! Otherwise, I hope you all have a great, restful, holiday season and take a break (with all due respect to those jonesing for updates).

I TOTALLY agree! If there never was another update I still would not live long enough to explore all the possibilities.
But I do understand the community here - I feel the people here are something other than Billy playing guitar in his bedroom.
This is a community of uber tweaking guitar geeks (like myself). We always want more, more, more, more, more..........

ya know, I kind of agree with these last two posts.
since 11.05 came out I find myself visiting this forum a lot less than I used to.
all of the amp models really kick ass now. In earlier releases there always seemed to be one or two that lost something"
not this time around. the Rectos sound killer, the Mark IIc sounds killer
all of the Marshall high gainers sound right on now.
Really interested more in updates to Axe Edit now and this new "UltraRes" IR modeling

Can't say I'd be overly disappointed if FAS kept it where it's at, I've got years of work ahead of me before I've tapped into the capabilities of this box. If Cliff wants to keep updating the firmware with new innovations and gear, far be it from me to discourage him though.

v12 is going to be supreme.

Cliff and I had a little talk this week after I came back from working with one of the biggest rock bands yet.
I had a little idea that I thought would be really cool, but really challenging. He emailed me a bit later.

"Done. 30 minutes."

This is why I love working at/with/for Fractal.

v12 is going to be supreme.

Cliff and I had a little talk this week after I came back from working with one of the biggest rock bands yet.
I had a little idea that I thought would be really cool, but really challenging. He emailed me a bit later.

"Done. 30 minutes."

This is why I love working at/with/for Fractal.

^^^^^^ THIS is *why* I keep reading the forum! :D

Back
Top Bottom