firmware #s

mgavin

Experienced
so how does the firmware numbering system work? if the next one is 4.0 how did we jump from 3.04 - 4.0? etc.....

You've got 4.0? Send that version to Fractal so they can post it on their web site. :)

The larger the number, the more recent the firmware. Will the next one be called 3.05 or 4.0? As with any software develoment, that's a judgement call on the part of the developers. If it's a major change, they'll increase the number before the decimal point. (Actually, that's not entirely true; firmware versions that end in .07 involve a shift in the laws of physics.)

You've got 4.0? Send that version to Fractal so they can post it on their web site. :)

The larger the number, the more recent the firmware. Will the next one be called 3.05 or 4.0? As with any software develoment, that's a judgement call on the part of the developers. If it's a major change, they'll increase the number before the decimal point. (Actually, that's not entirely true; firmware versions that end in .07 involve a shift in the laws of physics.)

No need...Fractal is already hard at work on 4.0. Cliff mentioned it here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/45105-considering-upgrading-axe-fx-2-but.html

Usually major revisions are the even numbers and minor changes/bug fixes are reflected in the incremental dot numbers.

My recollection was that major versions involved changes to the internal preset/block formats and everything else was a "dot release" (e.g., "3.01"). Since there are probably some changes to the delay block format to support the new tape delay, I'd guess that's why the version is getting bumped to 4.0.

dot updates are mionor - often bug fix's or small tweeks. Main number updates are major changes - either adding stuff or major changes. Firmware 4.0 is named (if guessing) because of the power amp modelling changes.

Reactions: jon
Let's not forget the looper changes. I'm hoping for 3 minutes.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Back
Top Bottom